Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    I bought a Revel 1 (26in) in March. Rode it for a few weeks and was disappointed. The bike shop allowed me to trade it in for full credit towards a Talon 29er 2. What a difference!!!! Very happy with it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Hi,
    It has been a few mos since you purchased the Talon. How do you like it?
    I am currently looking at the same bikes plus a cannondale trail 5... but am hoping to see something similar used before I take the plunge.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Love my Giant Talon 2

I just picked up a Giant Talon 2 about 2 weeks ago. I was tossing between this, a Specialized Hardrock, and Trek Marlin. I had a Rock Hopper back in 93(my first bike), and I was amazed by how far mountain bikes have come. I just loved the feel of the Giant and loved its look. I also got a killer deal from the Giant Cycle world shop in Littleton, CO near where I live. They were trying to move out their 2012s to make room for the 2013, and they were throwing discount upon discount on all their 12s. They were able to knock down the Talon 2 to $436!!! I could've gotten a Talon 0 for $776 before tax, but I felt that getting the Talon2 for under $500(including tax) just seemed like it made sound financial sense for my beginner offroad bike status. I think the component set has been a great set-up for the green belt single track trails I have been riding in my neighborhood. The trails are very hilly and the bike just seems to tackle the terrain well. I wouldn't say I love the suntour fork, but I don't hate it either. It seems to do the trick for right now, but I would like to upgrade to a Reba or something comparable somewhere down the line as I start to conquer more of the mountainous terrain of the Rockies. I also would like to add that if anyone lives in the Denver area, the Giant Cycle world shop(1 of 2 in the nation) has excellent service. Those guys who work there will do anything to keep you happy and well informed. They also were very laid back regarding my 6 and 3 year old reeking havoc in the bike shop as I was contemplating my decision.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trek GF Marlin 29er vs. Giant Talon 29er 2 vs. Specialized Hardrock 29er?-img_20130117_213550.jpg  

Trek GF Marlin 29er vs. Giant Talon 29er 2 vs. Specialized Hardrock 29er?-img_20130117_213614.jpg  

Trek GF Marlin 29er vs. Giant Talon 29er 2 vs. Specialized Hardrock 29er?-img_20130117_213530.jpg  

El Gorrrriiii
    Jan 2012
    For the money and performance you can't go wrong with the Talon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3