Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Trek Fuel EX7 or Trek Fuel EX8???

4K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  rlbruski 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I am a 23 year old college student moving to Northwest Arkansas from Texas to finish school and looking to upgrade bikes as soon as possible. I am riding a 2015 27.5 Cannondale Trail 2 hardtail and its been good, but its time to switch to FS 29". I found a 2016 Trek Fuel EX7 online closeout at VIllage Cycle Center for $1,750, and a 2017 Trek Fuel EX8 closeout for $2,799. My question is, should I hold out and save for another 6-8 months in order to get the EX8 or is the EX7 a really great bike and worth getting to save $1000? I've demo'd the EX8 and loved it, but I have never rode an EX7 and there no LBS that has one in stock for me to see. Are the bikes similar, just a few different components and thats all? I want to be smart about my purchase and enjoy my rides.

Thanks in advance!

#8 ·
This.

Maybe you like a bike you have to lock out for a firm pedaling platform but then you essentially have a hardtail. If you want an actual FS bike that has a pedaling platform yet remains active then you need the Re:Aktiv shock on the Fuel.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.