mtbr member

Trek Cobia, Giant XTC 2 or Trek Superfly?

I went to a couple of bike shops. This is what I came up with 2012 Trek Superfly($1500), 2013 Trek Cobia($1130) or 2013 Giant XTC 2($1475). I stopped by the Specialized dealer and their prices are MSRP, no discount, even though I bought my Secuter from them. It was raining so I'm going back for a ride. Any advice, ya or na, what about the prices? Thank you.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I would go with the Superfly. I think the price is pretty good. I know more about Trek/GF than Giant. I would go with the Superfly if it was me holding the cash.

mtbr member
    The Superfly is nice, but try the Specialized out. You may prefer them. I have the 2013 XTC Composite 29er and it retails for $1700 here. It is super beefy, handles great and is very light. I wasn't sure I was going to go with a carbon hardtail this year but I am glad I did. I had the Specialized Stumpjumber 29er and that was a sick ride. Stiff, light, fast! Try them all and take mental notes, you will be glad you did. Sometimes you can find a last years model deeply discounted and the only difference is the color.

banned
    Apr 2009
    Superfly (hands down)... read my old posts about this...

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Superfly

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    You'll be best off if you can demo a couple. The geometry differences (if any) should be the first consideration.
    Rimmer - "There's an old human saying - if you talk garbage, expect pain"

mtbr member
    I have a 2012 Cobia. Already wish I reached for a Superfly. If you can afford the extra $, the higher grade Aluminum and better components are worth it. You also probably get a better fork.

I'd rather be riding
    Really dig my 2012 superfly al!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    See about a cannondale.