Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man View Post
    I actually like the new colors overall as well. The two bikes on my radar are the Superfly 9.6 and the Stache 7.
    I've demoed a Stache 8 and own a Superfly 9.8(because of a deal instead of a 9.6). The compliance of the 9.6 and quick intuitive steering geo makes it a fun all-day ride. Still stable. The Stache has the traditional good handling stable Trek ride. No rear compliance from an aluminum frame. With the 9.6 you will never need a fs bike for comfort.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    I've demoed a Stache 8 and own a Superfly 9.8(because of a deal instead of a 9.6). The compliance of the 9.6 and quick intuitive steering geo makes it a fun all-day ride. Still stable. The Stache has the traditional good handling stable Trek ride. No rear compliance from an aluminum frame. With the 9.6 you will never need a fs bike for comfort.
    Hopefully I can ride both bikes before pulling the trigger. While I like the idea of the carbon frame it will probably come down to what type of riding I want to focus on, as the Stache is allows for a bit more aggressive riding than Superfly.
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2013 Trek Marlin 29er stock (Raidon fork)
    2010 Giant TCX 2 Cross stock

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man View Post
    Hopefully I can ride both bikes before pulling the trigger. While I like the idea of the carbon frame it will probably come down to what type of riding I want to focus on, as the Stache is allows for a bit more aggressive riding than Superfly.
    The Superfly can handle plenty and the rear compliance will keep you riding for longer stretches without knee pain.
    Tokens come in the SID and may be in the Reba or are available after 9/15 to order. I've been riding rocky trail exclusively all season. Because of the compliance I would be comfortable taking it anywhere I would take a Fuel.
    Mine with a Wide Lightning wheelset is 22lbs. Light is very helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12