TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON

TRANS-IOWA V.2 is 29er Friendly

Prepare for the madness!!!!
    300 + Miles.
    Solo only.
    Self-supported.
    Only 9 people finished out of 50 in 2005!
    Interested?
    CHECK OUT THE TRANS-IOWA V.2 WEBSITE

Needed Less ~ Did More

Ooohhhh....

wonder if I could get my fitness back in time for that...and get the time off work...and the £££ for the flight....and...

Ah well, theres always next year!

Alex
    "Put any one on one of these singlespeed bikes and they could not help but have fun"
    -
    Otis Guy talking about klunkers c1976

www.badgercycles.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlespeedpunk
    wonder if I could get my fitness back in time for that...and get the time off work...and the £££ for the flight....and...

Ah well, theres always next year!

Alex
    All you need is a ticket. Fly into Kansas City and I will pick you up, get you to and from the race, and give you a place to stay until your flight back. Dont worry about fitness, just ride as far as you can. Barb (my wife) will be out there picking us up after we crack. Oh yea. I race for Boulevard Brewing. FREE BEER!

Really I am that slow

... and if we just ... Yee Hah!

Oh I am gonna have to try for that one....

Mmmm 75 riders note to self remember jan 1.

Thanks for putting on this race G/T
    Read my BLOG!

Nipple twister and bike builder at Borealis

http://www.borealisbikes.com/

Needed Less ~ Did More
    Quote Originally Posted by robpennell
    All you need is a ticket. Fly into Kansas City and I will pick you up, get you to and from the race, and give you a place to stay until your flight back. Dont worry about fitness, just ride as far as you can. Barb (my wife) will be out there picking us up after we crack. Oh yea. I race for Boulevard Brewing. FREE BEER!
    Thats very kind of you to offer......bar-steward! there go all my excuses!

Might have to get out on the bike over winter now.....and the cold rain looks so appealing as it floods the flat fields round here

I'll look into it....

Alex
    "Put any one on one of these singlespeed bikes and they could not help but have fun"
    -
    Otis Guy talking about klunkers c1976

get down!
    how much is it? rob are you going? any idea of the cutoff times/miles relation
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

www.badgercycles.com
    Quote Originally Posted by appleSSeed
    how much is it? rob are you going? any idea of the cutoff times/miles relation
    I'll be there for sure. I think last year we had 12hrs to do 130 miles before the first cut off. Your welcome to come with us. Maybe we could all go in together and rent a van or something. We could borrow a trailer to carry all the bikes. I guess after everyone is signed up we can get a game plan together.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KERKOVEJ
    Only 9 people finished out of 50 in 2005!
    What was the cause for most of the DNFs?
    Just another nighthawk at the diner

Rock -n-roll means well but it can't help tellin' young boys lies...

Harmonius Wrench

Causes for DNF's were many

Quote Originally Posted by RobW
    What was the cause for most of the DNFs?
    Most got discouraged by how hard it was to keep up a pace required to get to the check-in within the time limit. Epic north-west winds didn't help matters. It wasn't all that warm at the start, (frost on the ground), and being all bundled up, first big event of the year for many, and first looong event for many surely had to factor into it. Not many mechanicals, but some. Couple of guys had some sort of physical problems like blown out knee, or achilles stress, or stuff like that.

By my estimate, you had to go about 14mph average for 130 miles, (including any stoppages) to get to the check-in. This time, for '06, we are starting the event at least 4 hours earlier to give everyone a better chance at getting to the check in on time. The distance will be slightly longer than last year, due to a course change.

get down!
    hmmm, I think I'd get like 40 miles in and be pooped, but I might go anyway just to take pictures and hang out, or just to see what kind of abuse I could take ha ha ha

what's this cost though
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

marking the calendar

Sounds way cool. Any fixies last year? I heard there were a few SSers. Any SS finishers?

Harmonius Wrench

No fixies last year

Out of the nine finishers, two were single speeders............Hmmm.......Maybe make that three!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Todd Scott, Patrick Hemmeny and I (Joe Partridge) all finished on singlespeeds.

I can recommend this race without reservation. I had a great time (ok, I suffered like a dog!) and I plan to be back in 2006.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Ted
    Out of the nine finishers, two were single speeders............Hmmm.......Maybe make that three!

Harmonius Wrench

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Jitsu
    Todd Scott, Patrick Hemmeny and I (Joe Partridge) all finished on singlespeeds.

I can recommend this race without reservation. I had a great time (ok, I suffered like a dog!) and I plan to be back in 2006.

Joe
    I was going off memory there, and I wasn't sure. Now I remember, one Airbourne, one Kona, and one C'dale. (I remember bikes better than people- it's a shop rat thing! )

Thanks for the recommendo!

Dr. Frost

You guys are awesome

You guys are awesome for putting this epic adventure on, I hope to be there. Are we gonna have to fight for one of the 70 slots? If so I'm in big trouble....