Thread: Tomac Diplomat?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Tomac Diplomat?

Anyone ridden one of these things yet? Besides the lamest name you've ever heard for a bike, what do you think? Long shot - anyone ridden one and can compare it to a RIP9?

mtbr member
    holy crap.. worst name ever!

AZ
    banned
    Not a bad lookin bike though .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tomac Diplomat?-slorence_tomac29_022.jpg  

workin' it Administrator
    IDK single pivot is single pivot. Probably not going to ride at all like a RIP9. More than likely similar suspension performance to the Kona or earlier GF before the ABP.
    Try this: HTFU

AZ
    banned
    Spearfish comes to mind , with the Tomac's MSRP a tick above $4000.00 I suspect you won't see to many of them .

workin' it Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    Spearfish comes to mind , with the Tomac's MSRP a tick above $4000.00 I suspect you won't see to many of them .
    dang that's a lot of semoleans for a single pivot. I had a single pivot for many years, I would never want one again only because the braking action was so far inferior to my friends riding much more capable FSR type bikes, I would lose them at every corner and I had 7+' of travel and they were on 4" travel bikes. Of course it might just be that I am a bad rider but I prefer to blame the bike. Easier on my constitution.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    Spearfish is 80mm travel and Diplomat is 120mm travel, though the Diplomat is steeper geo similar to the Spearfish making it more of a long-travel xc bike than an AM bike.

There is a $3000 MSRP Diplomat model too, with actual street price being even lower of course

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    Spearfish is 80mm travel and Diplomat is 120mm travel, though the Diplomat is steeper geo similar to the Spearfish making it more of a long-travel xc bike than an AM bike.

N.M. wrong thread .

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

to the top

Just bringing this back up as I know this bike has just been released and I wanna here some impressions!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by teartags
    Just bringing this back up as I know this bike has just been released and I wanna here some impressions!
    Me too! Anyone?