Keep on Rockin...

Thoughts on the new Spot Mayhem?

Spot Mayhem 29er/27.5+ first ride review - Mtbr.com

Nice looking on paper.

Liking the less bearings to service idea.

Not much to dislike, except the price.

Wonder if you are locked into a specific shock that is tuned to work with the leaf spring do-hicky?

Anytime. Anywhere.
    My issue is the sizing. Medium has a 585mm top tube and 429mm reach, while the large has 611mm, 453mm. The large is what I want, but the 483mm seat tube would prevent me from using a 150mm dropper. Lots of seat tubes are just too long for my 5'9.5" height. Even if it's the best suspension in the world I would have to pass.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

Keep on Rockin...
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    My issue is the sizing. Medium has a 585mm top tube and 429mm reach, while the large has 611mm, 453mm. The large is what I want, but the 483mm seat tube would prevent me from using a 150mm dropper. Lots of seat tubes are just too long for my 5'9.5" height. Even if it's the best suspension in the world I would have to pass.

Yeah, I saw the 19" seat tube listed on the large and thought that would be a sticking point for some. Me, I've got long levers so I can easily do a 150 dropper even with that long seat tube.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Works for me because I am getting a small. The seat tube is shorter. Unfortunately I want black and a small black winter ship until mid June.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    429 is a decently long reach for a medium, maybe just go with that?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bhsavery View Post
    429 is a decently long reach for a medium, maybe just go with that?
    I broke 4 Pivot's, 1-429 carbon, 2 429 sl and 1 429 trail. I will go with a large Mayhem and I'm 5'10 with 31 inseam and long torso.

mtbr member
    I'm the same height as you with about a 30" inseam. I demoed a large twice with a 150mm dropper and it fit perfect. The seat just about disappears into the frame when it is dropped. I talked to em about medium and large then ended up getting a large. Going the larger frame shorter stem route. Depending on your inseam though you may want to demo to find out the fit. If your inseam is an inch or so shorter than mine you may have issues with the dropper insertion.
    If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Waiting for my black small. Due mid June.

So tell us more about ride experience.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker J View Post
    Wonder if you are locked into a specific shock that is tuned to work with the leaf spring do-hicky?
    You're in CO, go pay them a visit! Andy had a very nice 200x57 Fox DPX2, a new shock due out soon, when I was there yesterday. Think a Float X, but w/ adjustments like the X2...but simpler, so it's still relatively light.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮