mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Thoughs on Cdale trail sl 5 29er?

I'm on the hunt for a ss 29er...and test rode this.
    This will be my first real forray into the land of mountain cycling, and was wondering what everyone's thoughts are. It seems spec'd well for the money...

I like the tires, the brakes and the handling.
    One thing I noted was the minimal standover I had on this bike...is this viewed as a concern for general xc use?

There was only 1 review on mtbr, and it was unflattering... I did not see the QC issues that poster mentioned, but did notice the harsh riding fork. THat's a non issue to me though, as it's something that can be changed. I know that the HT is the "1.5" standard, but this is using a reducing headset, so i can use any 1 and 1/8th fork.

Any thoughts will help me greatly

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I think that people are far too concerned with standover. You ride your bike, not walk while straddling it.

I think it's pretty reasonable bang for your buck, and can change to suit your riding style (add a regular fork or a lefty, add gears, etc)

Gigantic Hawk
    I've never ridden this bike, but it sure is pretty. The lbs has one, the specs are good, and it is fairly light. The price seems really good too. I'm loving the retro style graphics too.

mtbr member
    I dig it. Nice bike. Seems good for the price