mtbr member
    Jun 2013

That's right....

This riged 29er with x9 3x9 and 2,4 conti mountain kings can climb like a billy goat. It's perfect for my style which is climbing and long relaxed XC trail rides.

Just wanted to share the love.

Last edited by Silent Drone; 1 Week Ago at 07:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

That's right....

One more....

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Beautiful!

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    I climb really well with a 1x10, 30Tx36T.
    I could climb almost all with a 1x10 34Tx36T.
    All it requires is strength and line choice.
    Big Wheels Keep On Rolling

Forth Eorlingas!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

That's right....

Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    I climb really well with a 1x10, 30Tx36T.
    I could climb almost all with a 1x10 34Tx36T.
    All it requires is strength and line choice.
    The low on my triple is 22/36 and I use it regularly. There is some steep stuff here on the Wasatch Front, but really I just don't have the strength to push something taller.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Drone View Post
    The low on my triple is 22/36 and I use it regularly. There is some steep stuff here on the Wasatch Front, but really I just don't have the strength to push something taller.
    And there's nothing wrong with that. If you like the extra gear ratios, then why not have them there. Nice bike! What frame is it?
    '12 Santa Cruz Superlight 29 | '12 Santa Cruz Butcher | '06 Specialized Allez Comp | '81 Schwinn Converted Fixie

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_03 View Post
    And there's nothing wrong with that. If you like the extra gear ratios, then why not have them there. Nice bike! What frame is it?
    It's a Chinese 29er frame and fork that I picked up a couple of years ago and swapped everything over from a Voodoo Canzo 29er. The Canzo was nice but it became too heavy and I never realized how much energy the frame and fork were robbing from me. This geared-rigid set up has suited my needs very well. I've still got the Reba fork but have found that I don't need to put it on. I'm going on two years and only time can tell how long until I feel the itch for something else but for now I am very happy.

mtbr member
    Looks nice... I'm planning a very similar build: IP-106 frame, carbon fork, 1x9 drivetrain (good enough for Central Ohio), and probably a Knard up front. Light, simple, smooth-ish.

mtbr member
    Oh man, don't you want to push your bike up the hills? Don't you want to spin out at 30kph? Don't want a set up that wears unevenly and lunches itself prematurely?

Get with the programme already. I mean, ew, that thing is practical and works.........and looks good too. Well done.