mtbr member
    Jan 2006

STOLEN: 2011 Specialized Epic 29er in Orlando, FL

On Sunday January 15th between 12am and 8am my 2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er was stolen from the back of my truck at the EO Inn,one block from Lake Eola,behind the Panera bread in Orlando,FL.

The thief cut a bike cable lock,and a fork lock to get it.

If someone tries to sell this,please contact the Orlando Police Department at 407-246-2470,or myself at 352-817-3960, or email me at jaredhartman@yahoo.com.

I am offering a reward of $500 for it's return in the same condition in which it was taken.

Thank you,

Jared Hartman

*$500 REWARD FOR RETURN OF STOLEN SPECIALIZED EPIC COMP 29ER IN THE ORLANDO / LAKE EOLA AREA 1/15/2012

MAGICSHINE LIGHT WAS MOUNTED TO HANDLEBAR

SIGMA BIKE COMPUTER WAS MOUNTED TO HANDLEBAR

PLEASE CALL THE ORLANDO POLICE DEPT AT (407) 246-2470 OR THE OWNER (352) 817-3960

*UP TO $500 CASH REWARD -MUST BE RETURNED IN EXCELLENT CONDITION FOR THE FULL REWARD TO BE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STOLEN: 2011 Specialized Epic 29er in Orlando, FL-2011-spec-epis-29.jpg  

Last edited by aenima; 01-17-2012 at 05:37 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Sorry it was stolen, but never leave a bike in the back of your truck unattended regardless if it is locked up. Always bring it in.

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by S:Drive View Post
    Sorry it was stolen, but never leave a bike in the back of your truck unattended regardless if it is locked up. Always bring it in.
    Yayaya... Don't tell him what to do

You can also get some Google Alerts with keywords like you bike model, specs, etc that will get you every news and new stuff that is created online every day. Plus you can also ask about security footage to see if the guy had a truck that can be identified or if he was riding off with the bike or walking it. Fill an insurance claim too. And don't post the bike serial number unless it's really needed. I had a bike stole once on my first day at work. It pissed the hell out of me
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    This is why we can't have nice things.
    Indy, In.
    Niner Rip 9
    Epic Expert Carbon 650b
    Karate Monkey SS
    Sette Razzo

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    You can have nice things, you just have to be smart about it. How many times do you see a stolen bike thread, that states he looked his bike, and now it is gone.

Sorry, but time to wake up! We live in ****ed up times, and you have to guard your ****. Sorry if it hurts, or if I am coming off like a dick. Time to wake up people!

Let the flames begin!

mtbr member
    That sucks. I hope you find it or at least have insurance that will cover it. People really suck.
    2012 Anthem X 29er in the build process
    2010 Diamondback Mission

mtbr member
    Sorry to hear. hopefully you will get it back. Too many mountain bikes getting stolen these days. I realized it's best never to leave a bike unattended even if it's locked up. I would have left the bike in your room. Especially at an Inn where there may be a lot of transient people. Any security surveillance from the Inn?

turtles make me hot
    Last Christmas, I was in Orlando at some hotel. All of our bikes were on our terrace (third floor) and locked to the rail. Some asshat broke into my truck and got my backpack. Prescription sunglasses, camera, xm radio... The works. I left it there after being too tired to remember it after walking around Disney all day. Completely ruined my trip.
    When I'm driving to Florida, even if I'm only stopping to sleep for 5 hours, the bikes come off the truck and go into the room.
    It's unfortunate, but Orlando's crime rate has skyrocketed.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Sweet looking bike. Sorry for your loss and ignore the knuckleheads.
    I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I just hate vegetables.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Yea, yea.... I'm sure the OP knows he ****ed up and has learned that his bike isn't safe under any condition unless he's got it locked up in his safe at home. I'm also sure he doesn't need to be told that he made a mistake keeping it in the back of his truck. He really doesn't need for anyone to pile on at this point and that's not really the purpose of this thread. He's just asking that if someone sees it or hears of it to help him get it back.
    Indy, In.
    Niner Rip 9
    Epic Expert Carbon 650b
    Karate Monkey SS
    Sette Razzo

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    On the bright side, when the insurance pays out, you get to go shopping again - and bike shopping is *never* a hassle :-)

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by R+P+K View Post
    On the bright side, when the insurance pays out, you get to go shopping again - and bike shopping is *never* a hassle :-)

I hope he has off premises theft.
    I like turtles

Life Is Short
    Quote Originally Posted by Pock View Post
    That sucks. I hope you find it or at least have insurance that will cover it. People really suck.
    Your insurance rate will go up. Chalk it up as a loss. I had 2 bikes stolen
    that were worth more than a good used car. I dont keep it in back of
    my Bentley anymore.
    Ride More, Eat More

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Thieves should be shot. End of story.

mtbr member
    there was a thread like this (same bike model and all) about a year ago... GO CHECK PAWN SHOPS! the guy on here found his bike at one and was able to recover it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it won't be much help but i'll keep my eye out about 3 hours south of you... GOOD LUCK!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    sorry to hear that. I hate them crooks...