Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I have DI2 on mind. No problem with routing, but I have a housing I got from the hardware store for a sprinkler system. It's black and the DI2 housing fits in it. I wanted to protect the little wire as it runs across from the swingarm to the rear.
    No where to put the battery. I have mine in the steertube. Everything works well. The housing looks good, but don't know of a real clean way for the battery without using Tharsis system. Good Luck!

mtbr member
    One of the engineers at Spot had the DI2 on his Mayhem for a while(he still might). I demoed it once with the DI2. You could shoot the Spot guys an email and inquire about it. I don't remember much about how it was set up as it all seemed like black magic to me.
    If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by poonamibaxter View Post
    One of the engineers at Spot had the DI2 on his Mayhem for a while(he still might). I demoed it once with the DI2. You could shoot the Spot guys an email and inquire about it. I don't remember much about how it was set up as it all seemed like black magic to me.
    I shot Spot a email, Paul got back to me and is going to send me some pictures of how he did it on Monday.
    2018 Spot Mayhem
    2016 Salsa Bucksaw
    2016 GT Grade Carbon

mtbr member
    Hey guys, thinking of a frame up build and have a couple of questions that I'm hoping you guys with a bunch of miles on yours can answer:

1) Anyone have any weird creaks, clunks or clicks coming from the pivots or leaf spring after many miles of use? Or any other annoying noises of issues with the frame in general?

2) Is the internal cable routing fully molded or just open? EZ or pain in the arse to route shifter/dropper cables?

3) Any other issues that you want to tell me about would be appreciated!

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by D Bone View Post
    Hey guys, thinking of a frame up build and have a couple of questions that I'm hoping you guys with a bunch of miles on yours can answer:

1) Anyone have any weird creaks, clunks or clicks coming from the pivots or leaf spring after many miles of use? Or any other annoying noises of issues with the frame in general?

2) Is the internal cable routing fully molded or just open? EZ or pain in the arse to route shifter/dropper cables?

3) Any other issues that you want to tell me about would be appreciated!
    No noise on mine after 8 months. Internal is pretty easy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I have a Rollik - but over a year in all kinds of conditions - not a sound from suspension or any other creaks for that matter

Internal routing is all sleeved on the inside of these frames so push it in one end - comes out the other...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    After reading through this thread and all of the positive comments, it looks like a Mayhem may be making it's home in Montana!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    According to Paul from Spot, the max chainring size is 34 when round and 32 when oval. Has anyone tried putting a 34 oval on this frame though? (In XL? I don't know if frame size should make a difference...)

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Ordered a large, hot tomato, Mayhem 29'er 5 Star build with a 36mm Fox 140 fork today. Should be riding sometime around the first of February! Great people to work with. Looking forward to the bike's arrival!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by olivierhacking View Post
    According to Paul from Spot, the max chainring size is 34 when round and 32 when oval. Has anyone tried putting a 34 oval on this frame though? (In XL? I don't know if frame size should make a difference...)
    Hope someone can comment.

Also, can anyone compare the Mayhem with the Orbea Occam TR 2018? Maybe somebody who has demo'ed both bikes?

mtbr member
    So I'm looking for a chain guide with bash, does anyone have any recommendations? I'm really not sure what fits..I use a 30T chainring.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    So I'm looking for a chain guide with bash, does anyone have any recommendations? I'm really not sure what fits..I use a 30T chainring.
    Maybe Absolute Black

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jim Dunks
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    I am running MRP. Works perfect.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by olivierhacking View Post
    I can comment on this. Currently riding a size Large Mayhem sporting an Absolute Black 34t oval on Next SL cranks. Tried a Wolftooth first but offset was such that it couldn't clear the chainstay. Note, I did have to offset the BB over to the drive side to create the space. Haven't run into any issues whatsoever and I check on the regular.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SPOT Brand MAYHEM 29-img_0064.jpg  

Last edited by Joyvagen; 3 Days Ago at 03:26 PM. Reason: Pic added

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567