Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 601 to 614 of 614
  1. #601
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    157
    I have DI2 on mind. No problem with routing, but I have a housing I got from the hardware store for a sprinkler system. It's black and the DI2 housing fits in it. I wanted to protect the little wire as it runs across from the swingarm to the rear.
    No where to put the battery. I have mine in the steertube. Everything works well. The housing looks good, but don't know of a real clean way for the battery without using Tharsis system. Good Luck!

  2. #602
    mtbr member
    Reputation: poonamibaxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    651
    One of the engineers at Spot had the DI2 on his Mayhem for a while(he still might). I demoed it once with the DI2. You could shoot the Spot guys an email and inquire about it. I don't remember much about how it was set up as it all seemed like black magic to me.
    If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

  3. #603
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sml-2727's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,438
    Quote Originally Posted by poonamibaxter View Post
    One of the engineers at Spot had the DI2 on his Mayhem for a while(he still might). I demoed it once with the DI2. You could shoot the Spot guys an email and inquire about it. I don't remember much about how it was set up as it all seemed like black magic to me.
    I shot Spot a email, Paul got back to me and is going to send me some pictures of how he did it on Monday.
    2018 Spot Mayhem
    2016 Salsa Bucksaw
    2016 GT Grade Carbon

  4. #604
    mtbr member
    Reputation: D Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    975
    Hey guys, thinking of a frame up build and have a couple of questions that I'm hoping you guys with a bunch of miles on yours can answer:

    1) Anyone have any weird creaks, clunks or clicks coming from the pivots or leaf spring after many miles of use? Or any other annoying noises of issues with the frame in general?

    2) Is the internal cable routing fully molded or just open? EZ or pain in the arse to route shifter/dropper cables?

    3) Any other issues that you want to tell me about would be appreciated!

  5. #605
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,231
    Quote Originally Posted by D Bone View Post
    Hey guys, thinking of a frame up build and have a couple of questions that I'm hoping you guys with a bunch of miles on yours can answer:

    1) Anyone have any weird creaks, clunks or clicks coming from the pivots or leaf spring after many miles of use? Or any other annoying noises of issues with the frame in general?

    2) Is the internal cable routing fully molded or just open? EZ or pain in the arse to route shifter/dropper cables?

    3) Any other issues that you want to tell me about would be appreciated!
    No noise on mine after 8 months. Internal is pretty easy.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  6. #606
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,002
    I have a Rollik - but over a year in all kinds of conditions - not a sound from suspension or any other creaks for that matter

    Internal routing is all sleeved on the inside of these frames so push it in one end - comes out the other...

  7. #607
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    98
    After reading through this thread and all of the positive comments, it looks like a Mayhem may be making it's home in Montana!

  8. #608
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    52
    According to Paul from Spot, the max chainring size is 34 when round and 32 when oval. Has anyone tried putting a 34 oval on this frame though? (In XL? I don't know if frame size should make a difference...)

  9. #609
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    98
    Ordered a large, hot tomato, Mayhem 29'er 5 Star build with a 36mm Fox 140 fork today. Should be riding sometime around the first of February! Great people to work with. Looking forward to the bike's arrival!!

  10. #610
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by olivierhacking View Post
    According to Paul from Spot, the max chainring size is 34 when round and 32 when oval. Has anyone tried putting a 34 oval on this frame though? (In XL? I don't know if frame size should make a difference...)
    Hope someone can comment.

    Also, can anyone compare the Mayhem with the Orbea Occam TR 2018? Maybe somebody who has demo'ed both bikes?

  11. #611
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sml-2727's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,438
    So I'm looking for a chain guide with bash, does anyone have any recommendations? I'm really not sure what fits..I use a 30T chainring.

  12. #612
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,231
    Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    So I'm looking for a chain guide with bash, does anyone have any recommendations? I'm really not sure what fits..I use a 30T chainring.
    Maybe Absolute Black

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  13. #613
    Jim Dunks
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    So I'm looking for a chain guide with bash, does anyone have any recommendations? I'm really not sure what fits..I use a 30T chainring.
    I am running MRP. Works perfect.

  14. #614
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by olivierhacking View Post
    According to Paul from Spot, the max chainring size is 34 when round and 32 when oval. Has anyone tried putting a 34 oval on this frame though? (In XL? I don't know if frame size should make a difference...)
    I can comment on this. Currently riding a size Large Mayhem sporting an Absolute Black 34t oval on Next SL cranks. Tried a Wolftooth first but offset was such that it couldn't clear the chainstay. Note, I did have to offset the BB over to the drive side to create the space. Haven't run into any issues whatsoever and I check on the regular.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SPOT Brand MAYHEM 29-img_0064.jpg  

    Last edited by Joyvagen; 3 Days Ago at 03:26 PM. Reason: Pic added

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Similar Threads

  1. Spot brand rollik557
    By mwthomsen in forum 27.5
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 12-06-2017, 09:03 AM
  2. New Spot Mayhem
    By bogeydog in forum Custom Builders & Other Manufacturers
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-13-2017, 10:42 PM
  3. Spot Brand Cream
    By monogod in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 09:15 AM
  4. Spot Brand B6
    By 202cycle in forum 27.5
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 01:04 PM
  5. spot Brand sizing
    By b2b2 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 04:53 PM

Members who have read this thread: 651

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •