Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by badbandit View Post
    hi,

i am from germany and there are no shops selling this sexy bike. because of this i have no chance to demo it before even really thinking about ordering one.

i have very long legs and a short torso (monkey style). i imagine, that the geo of the mayhem might suit me quite well. i need a steep SA, a quite short TT and a little higher front (otherwise i will have problems with my neck, when sitting to stretched). i also like longer bikes, because this makes the bike feel confident on fast decents.
    do you think this bike would fit for me?

the other question is, if this bike is more for shredding and needs to be ridden hard?
    i am nearly 50 and i prefer a little more comfort and a plush suspension. i do not ride hard - i prefer the bike to feel safe and eat the ground.

thank you for you opinions!
    nobody who can or wants to help?

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    nobody who can or wants to help?
    What info are you still looking for?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeydog View Post
    What info are you still looking for?
    i would like to know if the mayhem’s geo might fit my special body geo or how the geo of other mayhem riders is.

is the mayhem swallowing a lot or should i better look for a santa cruz HT LT, if i like it comfortable?

i am just interested in reading more about the feel of the mayhem. as i wrote, i have not the chance to demo one.
    a lot is being written about the great way it climbs. but how does it feel and behave on normal singletrails, smaller and medium bumps and how calm and secure does it feel on fast and rougher descents?

is the rear shock the perfect choice or should i consider getting the fox x2 or some other rear shock for the best and plushest feeling?

sorry, so many questions about a bike i will never see before i might buy it.

mtbr member
    i would like to know if the mayhem’s geo might fit my special body geo or how the geo of other mayhem riders is.

is the mayhem swallowing a lot or should i better look for a santa cruz HT LT, if i like it comfortable?

i am just interested in reading more about the feel of the mayhem. as i wrote, i have not the chance to demo one.
    a lot is being written about the great way it climbs. but how does it feel and behave on normal singletrails, smaller and medium bumps and how calm and secure does it feel on fast and rougher descents?

is the rear shock the perfect choice or should i consider getting the fox x2 or some other rear shock for the best and plushest feeling?

sorry, so many questions about a bike i will never see before i might buy it.
    Its kind of a hard question to answer, I know I like it more than my hightower, seems to fit me better to. Im not an over aggressive rider, im 42 5'11'' 32 inseam and weigh 230lbs. I ride a size large. Im still getting used to it, but it has been a great all around bike. I'm using a 70mm stem and enve bars 23mm rise 760 width.

I think if you buy one you will have no regrets.
    2018 Spot Mayhem
    2016 Salsa Bucksaw
    2016 GT Grade Carbon

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    thank you for sharing your impressions!

all i read about the mayhem sounds very good. i really would like to have chance to try one.

mtbr member
    I'm really loving this bike, me and a group hit some really rocky trails in Big Bear WV, we did close to 25 miles and the bike handled everything great. When do you think a major magazine will do a full review on it?
    2018 Spot Mayhem
    2016 Salsa Bucksaw
    2016 GT Grade Carbon

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    I'm really loving this bike, me and a group hit some really rocky trails in Big Bear WV, we did close to 25 miles and the bike handled everything great. When do you think a major magazine will do a full review on it?
    Who knows. A few reviewed the Rollik, but no sure I saw a super in depth one. I have ridden mine with both plus and 29 wheels. Great in both forms. I still can't explain how it handles and is so fast.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Had a real nice long ride yesterday on east coast rocks and roots.

The bike is awesome. Handled everything without question. It's super fast too. I have said it time and time again, I can't explain why it handles so well on turns. Geo suggests otherwise. Downhills are better than my Mojo 3. Faster in turns too. Climbs better. Balanced better than any bike I have had. Prs are falling. Not sure what detail anyone wants, but let me know if you have any questions.

I have both 29 and 27.5 wheel setups.

dmo
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeydog View Post
    Had a real nice long ride yesterday on east coast rocks and roots.

The bike is awesome. Handled everything without question. It's super fast too. I have said it time and time again, I can't explain why it handles so well on turns. Geo suggests otherwise. Downhills are better than my Mojo 3. Faster in turns too. Climbs better. Balanced better than any bike I have had. Prs are falling. Not sure what detail anyone wants, but let me know if you have any questions.

I have both 29 and 27.5 wheel setups.

Was that in 29 or 27.5+ form?

If I find a buyer for my Mojo3 I might consider one. You have any idea how it compares to the Pivot 5.5? That bike is on my list too

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    what does “prs are falling” mean?

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Personal records

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    When do you think a major magazine will do a full review on it?
    When Spot gets a 6 figure marketing budget so they can buy ads in said major magazine. They are literally a 5 guy operation. If you call for a test ride you'll get one of the engineers, owner or the sales guy to go with you. Super****ingcool.
    If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

mtbr member
    May 2013
    NSMB has one on test. J

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234