Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 901 to 1,000 of 1056
    mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I may be going through Mayham with drawl with the sale, I have been demoing as many bikes as possible. I put a lot of time and effort into the Mayham and never felt 100% comfortable, maybe it's the steep seat tube I seem to like the more slacked out angle on the seat tube like my 2016 Fuel EX 9.9 with 27.5+ wheels and 2.8 tires. This is the longest I have ever kept a bike going on 3 years and I still love it. Wheel base is just right for me and I like the lighter bikes it's 25 now with wheels. Mayham was a really cool bike but I just didn't want to keep putting more money into it, Like new setback dropper I ordered from 9point8, I sent it back before I installed it and decided to sell.

So I took out the Switchblade med. 29er and 27.5+ large out it's a little to twitchy "29er" for me with high front end and low BB the 27.5+ felt like a boat with the wheels they had on it, The new trail 429 I just need a parking lot ride and I new not for me. If anyone going to do 27.5+ do it right with light wheels and light small knobs light tires you can really feel how fast they spin up. I love the Bontrager XR2 27.5x2.8 tires at 778g very grippie and durable.
    Then I just took out the Santa Cruz Hightower Large it had 150mm fox36 on front with 29er wheels, I like this bike and when I put my 27.5+ setup on it I like it even more!! Bike is heavy though at 31.5 lbs with good parts. Again seat tube angle way back like my Fuel. I have now a Yeti 4.5 med. I need a large. Bike is noisy and can only put small 2.3 tires on no 27.5+, I do like the rear suspension firm but plush. Going to get the New Yeti sb100 on Tuesday for demo, I did jump on a large in the parking lot and the bike felt really nice, the guy's from World Wide Cyclery were doing the 1st shake down ride and I was like is that the new Yeti SB100 they said yes!! They let me take a spin in the lot. Then the new Specialized 2019 Stump Jumper soon, Not my favorite company!!. Trying to get a new 2018 Trek Fuel EX with 140mm fork and new Fox DPX2 on rear to demo this is what some guys are running on this bike Kosmo is one of them!! If I did this that way I would have 2 killer bikes that feel similar but with the 2018 being much more capable to take anywhere, and I know I can build it at 26lbs. Taking my time because I can!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    The Mayhem, and other steep seat tube bikes, can be strange feeling to those that have been used to slacker ST angles. Be careful with your crank length too. Knee position to pedal is reduced with the steep seat tube giving you a feeling and reality of being over the bottom bracket and knee forward to the pedals. This is really designed to give you proper position on inclines. If you ride shorter cranks, you may feel it more. I too moved my seat back. In fact went with Selle SMP because they have the longest saddle rails. I suggest finding the best saddle position first, then find the proper stem and bar combo. A few friends in mine have struggled with getting this correct. But they are a little hard headed and rooted in the past. Once setup well, you will adjust and likely enjoy the ride.

This isn't just a Mayhem issue, but any bike with a steep ST.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeydog View Post
    The Mayhem, and other steep seat tube bikes, can be strange feeling to those that have been used to slacker ST angles. Be careful with your crank length too. Knee position to pedal is reduced with the steep seat tube giving you a feeling and reality of being over the bottom bracket and knee forward to the pedals. This is really designed to give you proper position on inclines. If you ride shorter cranks, you may feel it more. I too moved my seat back. In fact went with Selle SMP because they have the longest saddle rails. I suggest finding the best saddle position first, then find the proper stem and bar combo. A few friends in mine have struggled with getting this correct. But they are a little hard headed and rooted in the past. Once setup well, you will adjust and likely enjoy the ride.

This isn't just a Mayhem issue, but any bike with a steep ST.

That's all really good info, I was trying to find a saddle with longer rails! I think I'm not sold on all this new geo thing, but if I could have gotten the saddle back another 3/4 inch it may have been the trick. The bike did feel really long to me also, but a killer on the down's.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw7000 View Post
    Then I just took out the Santa Cruz Hightower Large it had 150mm fox36 on front with 29er wheels, I like this bike and when I put my 27.5+ setup on it I like it even more!!
    Did the demo at WCC go? I thought it was cancelled???

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    It was cancelled, I found a shop that has a fleet of bikes to rent, specialized, Cannondale, Yeti and Santa Cruz. 125.00/week I you buy that money goes to the purchase!! JB Bike Shop in Shillington, PA

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    It was cancelled, I found a shop that has a fleet of bikes to rent, specialized, Cannondale, Yeti and Santa Cruz. 125.00/week I you buy that money goes to the purchase!! JB Bike Shop in Shillington, PA
    Good shop and cool people.

mtbr member
    Well I sold my frame on EBay, these things definitely don't hold any resale value at all. Anyway it was a cool bike but not the right bike for me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti575 View Post
    I wonder if the DPx2 shock offered with the Rollik can be substituted? They both have the same 200X57 spec. Has anyone inquired or done this direct from Spot?
    Yes I just recently ordered a mayhem 29 and had them substitute the dpx2 on and they charged a reasonable $100 fee to do it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Well Im new to the forum, and I just got my large mayhem 29 5 star today. I had them put the dpx2 rear shock. I know ill be spending time trying to set up the suspension but wanted to ask all owners what kind of volume spacers in the fork and shock do you run on this frame? It probably varies Im sure but just curious of others setups, Im 170Lbs and hope I can get this thing dialed in.

RHRF!
    Quote Originally Posted by 35large View Post
    Well Im new to the forum, and I just got my large mayhem 29 5 star today. I had them put the dpx2 rear shock. I know ill be spending time trying to set up the suspension but wanted to ask all owners what kind of volume spacers in the fork and shock do you run on this frame? It probably varies Im sure but just curious of others setups, Im 170Lbs and hope I can get this thing dialed in.
    I bought the Fox Spacer kit but was told by Spot that the 'maximum' space the shock can handle is the 0.6 spacer. I'm 250+ w/full gear and I am very happy with the DPX2 performance.
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Ana√Įs Nin)

MSH
    mtbr member
    Nice that you guys purchasing now are getting the DPX2 option! I wanted it when I purchased my frame earlier this year but wasn't an option. I just threw on a 2019 DPX2 that I purchased through Ethan at Flowzone/Maverick here in Denver. Based on my riding style he threw in a .6 spacer on my DPX2. I'm about 185-ish ready to ride. I ride pretty aggressively. It's been fantastic so far. No perceivable difference climbing vs the DPS Evol but definitely a bit more plush on hard hits and consistent on the longer descents here in CO. The bike was so good with the Evol but even better with the DPX2. I'm running it with a MRP Ribbon fork, so can't help much with set-up on the stock build Fox fork.

C88
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    What do you guys think of the Mayhem versus the new Fugitive? Admittedly both bikes are probably overkill for the twisty, rooty terrain in my area, but Iíve let technology blow way past me for long enough and both of these options are calling out to me. I am enough of a Luddite to see the aluminum Knolly as more advantageous but both bikes seem really appealing in their own ways. Any opinions?

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by titusbro View Post
    I bought the Fox Spacer kit but was told by Spot that the 'maximum' space the shock can handle is the 0.6 spacer. I'm 250+ w/full gear and I am very happy with the DPX2 performance.
    I have also bought the spacer kit, but looks like I wont be able to use any bigger spacers... I still feel that Im using too much travel in the rear on medium hits, where my sag is only 20-25% so Im not sure yet how to dial this rear end...On another note, I got the mayhem with a fox 36 fork set to 140mm from Spot and out of curiosity I popped open the top cap to check for volume spacers and sure enough Spot put 4 10cc spacers in the 36. Ill spend some time on this but so far removing 2 spacers leaving 2 still installed makes the initial stroke much stiffer so Im thinking they had it right for my weight etc. Has anyone used the Luftkappe air spring on a 2018 36 fork?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I have also bought the spacer kit, but looks like I wont be able to use any bigger spacers... I still feel that Im using too much travel in the rear on medium hits, where my sag is only 20-25% so Im not sure yet how to dial this rear end...On another note, I got the mayhem with a fox 36 fork set to 140mm from Spot and out of curiosity I popped open the top cap to check for volume spacers and sure enough Spot put 4 10cc spacers in the 36. Ill spend some time on this but so far removing 2 spacers leaving 2 still installed makes the initial stroke much stiffer so Im thinking they had it right for my weight etc. Has anyone used the Luftkappe air spring on a 2018 36 fork?
    I installed the Luftkappe on my 18' Fox 36. Like a new fork. Great small bump sensitivity and nice mid stroke support. For around $80 its a no brainer.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ripn View Post
    I installed the Luftkappe on my 18' Fox 36. Like a new fork. Great small bump sensitivity and nice mid stroke support. For around $80 its a no brainer.
    Awesome, I will be making the order then thank you. Did you have to alter your volume spacer setup after install? Did your fork have this excessive grease packed in it that I have read about?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Awesome, I will be making the order then thank you. Did you have to alter your volume spacer setup after install? Did your fork have this excessive grease packed in it that I have read about?
    Before I installed the Luftkappe I was down to one spacer and pressure 10 psi below Fox recommended. (I'm about 185 dressed to ride and was at 65 psi) Fork still felt harsh and I almost never used all of the travel. With the Luftkappe I removed the last spacer (it takes up some volume in the positive chamber) and am running 75 psi. Fork is supple on the top but still ramps up well. I use full travel now, but only when I'd expect to. There was a lot of grease on the air shaft, but not as much as some I've seen here.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Has anyone else tried 29 x 2.6 on the rear of their Mayhem? Have one on the way and really want to run 2.6 if possible. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonL View Post
    Has anyone else tried 29 x 2.6 on the rear of their Mayhem? Have one on the way and really want to run 2.6 if possible. Thanks!

Looking at mine, width wouldn't be an issue, but diameter may be. Not too much clearance with end of chainstay.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Looking at mine, width wouldn't be an issue, but diameter may be. Not too much clearance with end of chainstay.

Thanks bogeydog. Youíre talking in the front and lower link area? Might just stick with 2.4s to be safe.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Thanks bogeydog. Youíre talking in the front and lower link area? Might just stick with 2.4s to be safe.

Yes

mtbr member
    May 2017
    I have the Rekon's @2.6". It's tight on the rear, but works. I have ridden them for a month or so.Here's my post from a page back in the thread.

SPOT Brand MAYHEM 29

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rvbiker View Post
    I have the Rekon's @2.6". It's tight on the rear, but works. I have ridden them for a month or so.Here's my post from a page back in the thread.

SPOT Brand MAYHEM 29
    Thanks rvbiker. Yours was the one I saw before. Nice looking rig!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Got my Mayhem used a few weeks ago and did a complete tear down and rebuild. Finally got a few short rides in on it. This thing pedals as well or better than any full suspension bike I have ridden, regardless of travel. Bike came with some pretty heavy and narrow tires. Looks a little tight in the rear, will a true 2.35/2.4 fit back there with enough clearance?

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Got my Mayhem used a few weeks ago and did a complete tear down and rebuild. Finally got a few short rides in on it. This thing pedals as well or better than any full suspension bike I have ridden, regardless of travel. Bike came with some pretty heavy and narrow tires. Looks a little tight in the rear, will a true 2.35/2.4 fit back there with enough clearance?

Yeah. I have had 2.35 Nobby Nice, Rekon and Vittoria Barzo and Mezcal

dmo
    mtbr member
    Just mounted some Mezcal 2.6s. Even with stretching i think there will be enough room

mtbr member
    Yep, plenty of room.... I rode all spring with a 2.6" Nobby Nic back there, no issues. Have fun on the new Mayhem, it's a hell of a bike.

For anyone interested, I wrote a review on my website and posted it last week:

Bike Review: Spot Mayhem 509 29er ‚Äď Chasing Epic Mountain Bike Adventures

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

MAYhem 509

SPOT Brand MAYHEM 29-80eb4656-d2c4-4106-9c31-e1e9755daea8.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]
    Got my mayhem 9 days ago.SPOT Brand MAYHEM 29-7b137c2d-4788-4f8a-b8ee-79133538e9e6.jpg
    I now have 10 rides on the mayhem
    the bike is awesome, braking prs on climbs and descents every ride without trying.
    Best climbing 29 I have been on. ( I have owned tall boy, tall boy Lt, carbon horse thief, 429 trail, Django 29)
    Decends great also have 34 set at 140( did have my pike at 140 on it, but stear tube to short)
    Frame only build mostly xt, flow mk3, magic Mary and dhf
    Donít know weight but my guess 30-31
    Rear shock is picky to correct pressure and rebound to get it set up properly
    If you like climbing and descending this is a great bike

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    You guys are killing me with these ride reports! I'm saving to buy one but it will be another month or so before I make the purchase.

I'm 5'8" with 32" inseam...sounds like medium should be my size? I'm debating 29 vs. 27.5+. I'm currently riding a 27.5+ FS bike.

mtbr member
    Yep, definitely the medium....and go 29er. I don't know anyone that prefers the 27.5+, but I guess it depends on where you're riding it and how you ride. The 29er with a 2.5 or 2.6" up front is all the traction you'll ever need.

dmo
    mtbr member
    I started out with 27.5+ because i had a wheelset that size. I later got a 29er wheelset and much prefer it. It rolls fast and has planty of grip.

I you want a set of 27.5 kings laced to nextie carbons let me know

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    What weight is the medium coming in at with carbon wheels and carbon bars?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Yep, plenty of room.... I rode all spring with a 2.6" Nobby Nic back there, no issues. Have fun on the new Mayhem, it's a hell of a bike.

For anyone interested, I wrote a review on my website and posted it last week:

Bike Review: Spot Mayhem 509 29er ‚Äď Chasing Epic Mountain Bike Adventures
    Any chance you have a few pictures of the clearance with the 2.6 Nic on the back? I'm in AZ and rarely if ever ride in the wet.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by prj71 View Post
    You guys are killing me with these ride reports! I'm saving to buy one but it will be another month or so before I make the purchase.

I'm 5'8" with 32" inseam...sounds like medium should be my size? I'm debating 29 vs. 27.5+. I'm currently riding a 27.5+ FS bike.
    I would also agree with Smmokan on this. I had 27.5+ on my mojo 3 and just couldn't get along with it. On the flip side i have a Trek Stache 9.6 that is 29+ with a 3.0 tire and it is hands down one of the most fun bike I have ever ridden. My vote goes to 29 Mayhem.

MSH
    mtbr member
    I would also agree with Smmokan on this. I had 27.5+ on my mojo 3 and just couldn't get along with it. On the flip side i have a Trek Stache 9.6 that is 29+ with a 3.0 tire and it is hands down one of the most fun bike I have ever ridden. My vote goes to 29 Mayhem.
    yup agreed....29 - I tried 27.5+ on old HD3 and hated it. I felt it was way too floaty/vague/muted vs 2.3-2.5 tires. I like to ride hard and aggressive on DH and I just like the sharper handling/feel of 2.3-2.5 tires. The Strava "clock" backed up I'm faster on the narrower tires as well. I'm on Front Range in CO, so big, fast descents, lots o' chunk/rock bashing, etc

Like JasonL I have a 29+ wheelset running 3's for a Kona Wozo fatbike for Spring/Summer/Fall riding and it's awesome. I'm not as fast on it vs my full boinger bikes but so much fun. I probably grab it for 1 out of every 5 rides during the non-Winter months.
    29+ and hardtail just works for me.
    + tires and full suspension did not work for me.

Back to Mayhem and Smmokan's review, I couldn't agree more with this statement...."Itís the best bike Iíve ridden FOR MY STYLE of riding, which is mostly trail riding in the Colorado high country"
    For me the Mayhem was a replacement for a OG Ibis Ripley that was an incredibly fun,efficient bike that I had set up with a -1 Works angleset, Pike 130. The OG Ripley was a great climbing bike and a very capable DHer for vast majority of stuff I ride on FR. The Mayhem takes that bike to the next level. Better climber by a slim margin IMO vs the Ripley, but another level going back down.
    As a side note...I did replace the stock EVOL shock with a 2019 DPX2 and I run a MRP Ribbon Air 140 up front. For an "allrounder" this bike is pretty incredible. I'm a mediocre climber but fairly fast, aggressive descender. I've busted down a ton of DH PR's on this bike since I built it up earlier this year. Although more of a DH charger on paper my Hightower longshocked with a X2 and 160 Lyrik is just not as fast and efficient for my style of riding on typical Front Range terrain vs the Mayhem.(once again backed up by Strava times)
    The Hightower is definitely more plush on the DH and will handle the burliest sections of trail better vs the Mayhem. The Mayhem is more firm and efficient and for me I'm able to make up any time gaps in those really burly sections vs the Hightower over the remaining 85-90% of the trail.
    For those of you familiar with Crested Butte riding I was able to hit Teocalli Ridge yesterday and Doctors Park (today) for the first time on the Mayhem. It was my first go at Teocalli but Ive ridden Doctors multiple times on different bikes. Doctors is definitely more technical and steep vs Teocalli and the Mayhem took everything the DH throws at you and it helped me chalk up yet another PR. I really can't say enough about this bike and what the guys at Spot have done. Their customer service (next to maybe Ibis) is also the best I have experienced in my many yrs of mtb.

SPOT Brand MAYHEM 29-mayhem-doctors.jpg

mtbr member
    If you're in the market for a mayhem, today looks like a good day to do it. $1000 off the 6 star build and free shipping. The 6 star build has enve wheels. Still a $6k rig, but totally decked out.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkz4MS2BDWE/

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Yep great bike, love mine. One thing no one mentions, this has got to be the quietest bike I've ever owned. I've got around 600 miles on mine and not so much as a squeak so far.

MSH
    mtbr member
    ......One thing no one mentions, this has got to be the quietest bike I've ever owned. I've got around 600 miles on mine and not so much as a squeak so far.
    good call out. Same for me on the Mayhem. My OG Ripley was absolutely the noisiest FS bike I have ever owned. That thing was a creak machine.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Ill throw out a vote for the 27.5+ on behalf of my wife since no-one else has. She loves the bigger tires, and feels like it gives her more confidence on off-camber and rocky sections as an intermediate rider. I bought 29er wheels to switch out but they are collecting dust in my garage since I bought the Rollik for myself. She feels like 29 is harder to maneuver and not as fun. Ill admit, I did a ride on the plus tires and had a pretty good time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I have owned the Mayhem since it was released in April 2017. Had 27.5 plus and 29er wheels. Settled in 29 as I prefer the sharpness and accuracy of the 29.

In regards to the Maybe, it excels in all regards. It is the best all aroundwr out there. Anyone that knows me, knows I have owned a lot of bikes and am one to buy a new one every 6 months or so. Fortunately I can't find anything I would buy. Not that one may be better in one discipline, but I haven't found a better one that can do it all. I ride anything from smooth xc single track to super rocky and rooty single track. We don't have huge jumps nor more that 24" drops.

I have said over and over.....shock setup, saddle and cockpit setup are key. It's fickle and if you don't have patience, find some. I have a dpx2 custom shock. That was big.

Many have commented that the living link can he firm or harsh on chattery stuff. Yes but it should be due to the suspension. It's different than you are used to but that is why it pedals and climbs well. Small bumps and deep suspension events are plush.

Paul at Spot is top notch.

mtbr member
    Paul at Spot is top notch.
    Paul is a total hack... kidding, he absolutely rips on the bike. Dude knows what he's talking about when it comes to the Spot lineup, that's for sure.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Do you guys that climb with this bike find yourself less fatigued after a climb vs. previous bikes you have owned?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Do you guys that climb with this bike find yourself less fatigued after a climb vs. previous bikes you have owned?
    Not really. Climbing is hard. I am a bit faster for the effort on the Mayhem vs other bikes I've owned...but just a bit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    so far every 29er i have tried, including Mayhem, i was slower and took more effort to climb than my 650b bike. especially steeper trails. faster on downhills, flats, slightly inclined or rolling terrain.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I'm in...finally. There were so many bikes I wanted to test ride (Knolly Fugitive, GG Trail Pistol, Bashee Prime...), but availability in Maine is so limited. The Mayhem was at the top of my list from the start and I just kept coming back to it.

Paul and I worked out a killer deal around the July 4th Special and I couldn't be happier with what we came up with;

Large red Mayhem, Five Star build with DPX2 upgrade and 140mm airspring option, 175mm cranks. Should have in a couple of weeks.

I know a few of you are still dialing in the DPX2 shock. I'm 210 ready to ride. Appreciate anyone sharing their successful setups.

MSH
    mtbr member
    I'm in...finally. There were so many bikes I wanted to test ride (Knolly Fugitive, GG Trail Pistol, Bashee Prime...), but availability in Maine is so limited. The Mayhem was at the top of my list from the start and I just kept coming back to it.

Paul and I worked out a killer deal around the July 4th Special and I couldn't be happier with what we came up with;

Large red Mayhem, Five Star build with DPX2 upgrade and 140mm airspring option, 175mm cranks. Should have in a couple of weeks.

I know a few of you are still dialing in the DPX2 shock. I'm 210 ready to ride. Appreciate anyone sharing their successful setups.
    Congrats! Sounds sweet.
    On the DPX2 I'm running psi pretty close to my ready to ride weight of 185. That gives me roughly 27-28% sag. I think Ethan at Maverick threw in a .6 spacer on mine when he installed but need to double check that (he might have modified to a .5 but that could have been for the stock EVOL I had on previously). Fairly aggressive riding style focused more on DH end of equation vs climbing. I think the Living link suspension design requires slightly more rebound damping than Fox would recommend for a given PSI, so keep that in mind when you are setting things up. In my case, Fox recommends starting with 10 clicks from closed for 180-200psi and I'm at 7-8 clicks from closed.

Living the Dream
    Tell me more about this 140mm air spring option. Is this a 140mm rear shock option and if so, what are the geo numbers for it? Thanks!
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenglow View Post
    Tell me more about this 140mm air spring option. Is this a 140mm rear shock option and if so, what are the geo numbers for it? Thanks!
    I believe he was referring to the 140mm air shaft in the fork.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenglow View Post
    its a fork air spring

Living the Dream
    Quote Originally Posted by cavo View Post
    its a fork air spring
    Makes sense. I guess I was so used to seeing 140mm forks on the mayhem, that I forgot that 130mm was the standard fork size.
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Right.
    According to Paul, raises the BB 6mm, which was music to my ears. I don't know how many bikes I crossed off my list because of a low BB. I had a Pivot 429 (one model back from the newest version) for a weekend and really liked it except for the constant pedal strikes. For ME, a 13" BB doesn't make sense for the terrain I ride on most.

Again, have to give a big shout out to Paul @ Spot. I was cleaning out my in box yesterday and there had to of been well over a dozen emails he thoughtfully replied to. Spot definitely earned my business.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Would any of you guys use the Mayhem as a trail/ endurance bike? I read how well it pedals. Would you guys use it in 50 mile races?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Absolutely! I purchased by Mayhem as a quiver killer to include 12 hour races. My XL 6 star build with the Enves and wout pedals is 27.27 pds.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Damn, wish I took advantage of the 4th of July deal ..... it put the 6-star with Enve's within reach, or as close to in-reach as I am going to get

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by montananate View Post
    Damn, wish I took advantage of the 4th of July deal ..... it put the 6-star with Enve's within reach, or as close to in-reach as I am going to get
    Give them a call, they might be willing to work with you. Solid folks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveo View Post
    Would any of you guys use the Mayhem as a trail/ endurance bike? I read how well it pedals. Would you guys use it in 50 mile races?
    Sure. Plenty of anti-squat, though the frame is a bit heavy. Weight matters, but so does rolling resistance and fatigue reduction, both of which usually get dismissed.

I just got back from a brutal 50 mile race called Suntop near Crystal Mountain Ski Resort in Washington. 50 miles and 10,000 feet of climbing.

The winner, who admittedly is a ripping ex-pro tuning uo for a shot at Breck Epic, rode an Orbea Railon. Nuff said, IMO.
    Last edited by kosmo; 07-15-2018 at 04:51 PM.
    Whining is not a strategy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    That is very interesting

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    i dont see why not. The bike really does pedal amazingly well. Legit like climbing with a hardtail. If you wan a 22lb bike then get a xc bike. If you want a trail bike that can pedal like an xc bike the mayhem is pretty much it. But like said before its not for weight weenies. dunno if you are gonna get it under 27lbs. But also said in the previous post...doesnt matter a whole lot,just train hard and lose a cpl lbs of fat.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    This is what I just got to replace my Mayham if anyone is interested, as far companies are concerned no comparison Spot all the way!! The Yeti SB100 is the perfect endurance/trail bike for me 24.67 with pedals as shown without dropper post, still waiting for OneUP dropper to arrive. Will be 25.5 with dropper post. Definitely more efficient then the Mayham, but the problem I had with the Mayham was fit, for me too steep seat tube angle but a great bike. My large frame was 7.2 lbs and the Yeti large 5.8lbs. Need more time on the Yeti + dropper post. Yeti is a very capable bike with the pike at 130mm, 100mm rear is plush but very progressive further in travel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SPOT Brand MAYHEM 29-p1070990.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    DGW (or anyone), can you compare how the Mayhem performs (not the fit) compared to the 4.5c? (If I missed it earlier I apologize). I rode the 4.5c this weekend and was amazed at how well it climbed compared to other bikes in its class.

Everyone raves about the Mayhem's climbing, but then Smmokan's review compares the Mayhem to a Hightower (which definitely doesn't pedal as well as the 4.5c).

And the one bike Smmokan says he can't compare it to is the 4.5. Note: not criticizing...more using his review as a reference point b/c he has more time on the Mayhem than probably anyone.

mtbr member

SPOT Brand MAYHEM 29

FWIW, I said the HT was the closest bike I liked overall to the Mayhem... I do think the Mayhem clearly pedals/climbs better though.

If someone wants to send me a 4.5C, Iíd be more than happy to make the comparison.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    DGW (or anyone), can you compare how the Mayhem performs (not the fit) compared to the 4.5c? (If I missed it earlier I apologize). I rode the 4.5c this weekend and was amazed at how well it climbed compared to other bikes in its class.

Everyone raves about the Mayhem's climbing, but then Smmokan's review compares the Mayhem to a Hightower (which definitely doesn't pedal as well as the 4.5c).

And the one bike Smmokan says he can't compare it to is the 4.5. Note: not criticizing...more using his review as a reference point b/c he has more time on the Mayhem than probably anyone.
    4.5c is probably a good bike but personally, anything with extra double shock like contraption, i steer away.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    FWIW, I said the HT was the closest bike I liked overall to the Mayhem... I do think the Mayhem clearly pedals/climbs better though.

If someone wants to send me a 4.5C, Iíd be more than happy to make the comparison.
    I gotcha...like I wrote: not criticizing; just using your review as I think it's probably the most extensive and informed reference point.

I'm just trying to find the "unicorn" for the riding I do...and so far, the 4.5 is pretty rainbowey!

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    This is what I just got to replace my Mayham if anyone is interested, as far companies are concerned no comparison Spot all the way!! The Yeti SB100 is the perfect endurance/trail bike for me 24.67 with pedals as shown without dropper post, still waiting for OneUP dropper to arrive. Will be 25.5 with dropper post. Definitely more efficient then the Mayham, but the problem I had with the Mayham was fit, for me too steep seat tube angle but a great bike. My large frame was 7.2 lbs and the Yeti large 5.8lbs. Need more time on the Yeti + dropper post. Yeti is a very capable bike with the pike at 130mm, 100mm rear is plush but very progressive further in travel.
    Nice looking bike.

But how is it more efficient than the Mayhem?

100 mm rear suspension wouldn't work for me. Wonder why Yeti didn't make it 120mm.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    100 mm rear suspension wouldn't work for me. Wonder why Yeti didn't make it 120mm.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    B/c they already have the 4.5.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    B/c they already have the 4.5.
    Yes. And no place to mount the bottle.

Notice how the mount for a bottle cage is the highlight in this review...

https://www.bikemag.com/gear/first-ride-yeti-sb100/

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Just joined the Spot family, had the maiden ride this morning, what a fantastic bike, I especially enjoyed how un-phased it was by the square edge rocks, massive upgrade from my elderly Giant Trance.

I'm curious if anyone is running a frame-mounted pump, and if so, which? I had a Lezyne something or other, that makes more contact with the downtube than i would like.

(You have to use your imagination to picture Lake Tahoe and Mountains in the background through the haze.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SPOT Brand MAYHEM 29-spot-tahoe.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShepherdBC View Post
    Just joined the Spot family, had the maiden ride this morning, what a fantastic bike, I especially enjoyed how un-phased it was by the square edge rocks, massive upgrade from my elderly Giant Trance.

I'm curious if anyone is running a frame-mounted pump, and if so, which? I had a Lezyne something or other, that makes more contact with the downtube than i would like.

(You have to use your imagination to picture Lake Tahoe and Mountains in the background through the haze.)
    I don't have a Mayhem (yet) but I think the pump I have mounted to my Stumpjumper would work great. Crank Brothers Gem Short Frame Pump. Very secure and it's pretty inexpensive.

Glad to hear the Mayhem rides good in Tahoe. Although I ride mostly Auburn, I do try and get up to Truckee/Tahoe as much as possible in the summer. Keep us posted on how it rides those trails.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    SPOT Brand MAYHEM 29-img_20180722_161326777_ll.jpg

I use the crank brothers pump attached to the underside bottle cage mount, and seems to work great.

mtbr member
    Have any of you guys try to order or have any success getting the touch up paint for the tomato color?? I have been inquiring since June and always being told its on backorder again and again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    New Owner, fitting issues.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    I got a good deal on a Mayhem 29 build in my frame size and couldn't pass it up, but now I'm having issues with the fit/feel I guess. At first the bike felt great but now I feel like I'm being pushed toward the handle bars and find myself almost being caught over them when hitting turns with speed. I'm on a small frame and 5'5". The dude I bought it from was the same height but preferred going down hill more so he swapped the factory 60mm stem for a 50mm. Would a longer stem help? The handle bars are about 2 cm wider than my last bike too and feel almost unnecessarily wide. I hear everyone talking about how awesome this bike fits but I'm not feeling it just yet. Big upgrade from my fuse 6fattie but I still do feel a lot more comfortable on that and even on other bikes I've demoed recently (hightower, sb5, trail 429) and I'm wondering if buyer's remorse is starting to set in (first time spending big money on a bike). On paper, the bike sounds perfect for my type of riding (flowly, climbs, some quick but not too crazy DH stuff).

Anyone else near my height and riding a Mayhem? What's your set up like? Sorry for errors. I'm on mobile.

dmo
    mtbr member
    Im 5'6" and on a medium. I was on the fence between a sm or med. Initially talking to Spot i thought small and then after more talking about past fit on different bikes i settled on a medium. Im glad i did. I was on a med Mojo3 that i never liked. That was more how it rode than fit. It could be youre used to riding 27.5. It takes time getting used to fit of the mayhem. I have mine with a 140mm fork, a 40mm stem and 760mm bars with 20mm rise. I also have 10mm spacer under the stem.

Your body proportions may be different than mine. I would stick with it and maybe learn to adjust your riding style a bit - more leaning, less turning if that makes sense. Send me a PM if you have specific questions.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennythevamp View Post
    I got a good deal on a Mayhem 29 build in my frame size and couldn't pass it up, but now I'm having issues with the fit/feel I guess. At first the bike felt great but now I feel like I'm being pushed toward the handle bars and find myself almost being caught over them when hitting turns with speed. I'm on a small frame and 5'5". The dude I bought it from was the same height but preferred going down hill more so he swapped the factory 60mm stem for a 50mm. Would a longer stem help? The handle bars are about 2 cm wider than my last bike too and feel almost unnecessarily wide. I hear everyone talking about how awesome this bike fits but I'm not feeling it just yet. Big upgrade from my fuse 6fattie but I still do feel a lot more comfortable on that and even on other bikes I've demoed recently (hightower, sb5, trail 429) and I'm wondering if buyer's remorse is starting to set in (first time spending big money on a bike). On paper, the bike sounds perfect for my type of riding (flowly, climbs, some quick but not too crazy DH stuff).

Anyone else near my height and riding a Mayhem? What's your set up like? Sorry for errors. I'm on mobile.
    5-3 on small. 60mm stem. I don't think that I've seen much in the Forum that says this bike is a great fit. What I say and I have been saying is that fitting yourself to the bike is crucial. That means correct seat placement and stem length and bar with Etc. the Steep seat tube angle is going to make it feel like you are more towards the front and more over the bottom bracket then you likely have been in the past. I suggest scooting the seat back some to see what that does to the feel and pedal position. Get your pedal position correct then adjust the stem and handlebar.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Thanks! I'll let you know how everything goes in the next few weeks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Thanks, I met with a fitter and we're going to do exactly what you said. Comparing the set up and geometry to my other bike as well and working things out. I'll let you know what I end up with for a set up

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Iím 5í10 1/2 and on a large. I was having fit issues at first also. I kept feeling like I needed more room between me and the bars, so pushed the seat back a few times and nothing got better. Actually worse. I went to a bike fitter and we started with seat to pedal position. I had to move the saddle forward quite a lot, bring it down, and tilt it back slightly from where it was. Now, much more power climbing, no numbness that I was getting, no feeling like I need to push myself back on the saddle. It just works and works well. I went from feeling so-so about my purchase to absolutely loving the bike.
    Stick with it, you will make it feel right!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Mine's delivering to the house tomorrow. 6', w/34" inseam on a large. I'll share my thoughts on fit once I get a few miles on her. I assume nothing has changed with regards to seat/pedal setup? Knee lined up with axel of pedal... adjust back or forth to taste?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I know a few of you have upgraded the rear shock to the DPX2. Worthwhile? Advantage over the stock DPS?

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Anyone use a good non custom frame bag? Just switched from hardtail and my bag won't work. Would prefer to use a pre made one but open to good custom recommendations.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Anyone use a good non custom frame bag? Just switched from hardtail and my bag won't work. Would prefer to use a pre made one but open to good custom recommendations.
    I have a Blackburn Outpost Corner bag on my large, the fit is good, and it isn't slipping around. Fits a tube, a small first aid kit, multitool and has a bit of space to spare.
    SPOT Brand MAYHEM 29-img_20180806_084545995.jpg

(edited to include picture)
    Last edited by ShepherdBC; 08-06-2018 at 10:30 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Ordered mine with the DPX2. Talked to the Spot guys and they said the difference would be noticeable if you are doing long descents.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mc1620 View Post
    Ordered mine with the DPX2. Talked to the Spot guys and they said the difference would be noticeable if you are doing long descents.
    Yeah but it also makes a general difference too.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Nice, let us know how it feels. What kind of general difference?

MSH
    mtbr member
    I had a small custom one made by Greg at Rockgeist out of Asheville, NC. I wanted to stick local with one of the CO framebag makers but everyone was either too busy or didn't seem too interested in making a smaller bag like this one. $68 for a small custom bag is a great deal IMO and it came out perfect. I was able to speciify both the side color and the spine colors of the bag and the fabric used.

https://rockgeist.com/product/medic/

My requirements were that it be as small as possible but be able to fit my cell, Crank Bros multi-tool, Topeak Smartgauge, Lezyne Alloy Drive mini pump, 1 16g CO2, and Lezyne CO2 Control Drive. I definitely wanted a Top Tube (saddle side) bag vs a TT/Headtube version. The one concern with the Top Tube/Seat Tube junction bag is leg rubbing, but Greg uses stiff foam on the sides so it doesn't bow out. I haven't had any issues whatsoever with rubbing.

I carry a tube and lever under the seat with a Backcountry Race Strap.

SPOT Brand MAYHEM 29-img_3369.jpg
    SPOT Brand MAYHEM 29-img_0310.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    That's perfect. Did you email him about a specific color? Looks like it matches perfectly.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Has anyone found an insulated water bottle that fits in the medium frame beside the tiny Polar Bottle? I have the 20oz Polar and the 21oz Camelbak and both are a little too big.

MSH
    mtbr member
    That's perfect. Did you email him about a specific color? Looks like it matches perfectly.
    You need to use the color selector when you order. It looks like he made some changes on the spine color selection drop downs (fewer options now) so if you want something specific I would suggest emailing Greg. Iím sure he can still make one with the red spine if thatís what you want. He was super easy to work with and very responsive. My specific order was as follows...

Spine Color:
    1000d Cordura Red
    Body Color 1:
    VX21 Stone Grey

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Hey All,

My wife and I were out in CO on vacation (from Illinois) and stopped in Golden at Spot's location. We both demoed mayhems and are completely sold on them. My wife will likely be getting one in the next few weeks... I'm trying to decide if I should squeeze another year out of my OG Ripley. Of course if money were no issue, I'd call and order one today.

My wife is coming from a size small Santa Cruz SL 29er (2012). We rode Apex and holy sh*t I've never seen her ride so well in the past 9 years we've been riding together. She completely ripped it! She could not believe how much of a better rider the Mayhem made her. Of course the mayhem is a huge upgrade from her current bike, but it was shocking. I was clearing stuff that I would either never attempt, or attempt and not make on my Ripley. The rear was very stiff on the climb, it did feel like a hard tail... so much so I was thinking it would be very harsh on the descent. This was not the case. They are really on to something with this carbon leaf spring. In addition, this thing was stiff. It just plowed through technical stuff on the descent.

We demoed the bikes on our last day of being out there (after many days of riding) and we spent the nearly 90% of the 15 hour drive back to Illinois talking about these bikes.

We met Paul, Steve and Travis at Spot. All great guys. They spent 30 or so minutes getting us setup on the demos and then probably an hour discussing them after our ride.

I have one hang up though, and that's on size. I'm 6'1'' with a 33'' inseam. I demoed the large and it felt great, except I felt a little too forward on the bike? Every time I looked down I'd just think, "wow that front tire is close to me!" When I had the seat down for the descents, it felt great, but when the post was extended it just felt... different? Wouldn't be as big of a deal if I was riding CO trails all the time (climb then descend) but here in the midwest I spend a lot of time on sections of trail which are flatish or have a small grade where I wouldn't necessarily drop the seat to ride. When I took the bike back, Paul pointed out that the seat was rather far forward on the rails (my dumbass should of noticed that), and the stem on the bike I demoed was not the right stem (should of been a bit longer). I got to try a XL rollik in the parking lot just to get the feel, and I'm not sure if I should jump to the XL or not. Spot recommended the L (after saying I was in between sizes and could go either way) because the L would be more playful, but being that I'm about to spend $5k+ I don't want any uncertainties. My Ripley is also a large. Looking back I should of asked if they could swap stems just to try (or not been super giddy about the bike and realize the seat position), but it's too late for that now.

In summary, the bike felt amazing. Just inspired confidence for both me and my wife. I just need to pick a size (and find some cash ).

Any thoughts on sizing would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppman View Post
    Hey All,

Any thoughts on sizing would be appreciated.
    I'm having the same problem right now--feeling forward. I demoed a small, had to have it--bkg upgrade from my past hardtail. Rode it for an hour and had to have it. Now, I've had it for a month now and I'm having issues. At first, I thought it was switching from 27.5 to 29 but I've I've ridden the other 29ers and I've hadn't had this problem. On climbs the bike feels great and the decents it feels amazing. However, when the seat is up and I'm pedaling I feel like I'm being pushed forward. I want for a fit and my pedal stroke is all right. We pushes the seat back as far as it will go and I'm going to try this out for a few rides. I'm in Western Pennsylvania so maybe the terrain is similar to the Midwest nothing crazy like the Rockies so I spent a lot of time with the saddle raised and I don't want to have to push it down every time I go around a corner. You might want to play around with different stem lengths. The stock model comes with a 60 mm but mine came with a 50mm (I got mine used). I put a 70 on right now and I'm trying that I think 60 might be the way to go for me. 50mm was less leaning forward but more lower back pain on long rides, so maybe 60mm will be a happy medium between Also, you can invert the stem for a negative rise so that's possible too. I really don't want to switch my seatpost out but they do make setback seatposts so you could even sit farther back if you wanted to. I hope you get the bike. Talk to a fitter and see if anyone is familiar with the brand and the type of riding you want to do in your area.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'm having the same problem right now--....
    Let me know what you find. What we are both describing is literally my only hang up, and possible issue holding me back (again, aside from money, ha).
    Last edited by zeppman; 08-09-2018 at 07:18 AM.

mtbr member
    What fork length are guys running?
    I settled on 140mm fork with 60mm stem and 760mm handlebar on a large. seat is set slightly rewards of centre. I am 5' 11" with 32.5" inseam and long arms. I have had a mayhem for over a year now and had some similar issues at first. It take a few rides to get the fitting and suspension setup right. But once you do there is no going back. This bike will take you to new levels. I have a fox 36 up front and X2 on the rear. It is just over 30lbs right now with 2.6 front and 2.3 rear NN tires. Funny thing is that as the weight has increased with some upgrades over time the bike has gotten more composed and faster.
    My main trail is flow off camber with a lot of short steep up an downs and the bike pedals great, I do use the dropper post a lot on my rides.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I'm having the same problem right now--feeling forward. I demoed a small, had to have it--bkg upgrade from my past hardtail. Rode it for an hour and had to have it. Now, I've had it for a month now and I'm having issues. At first, I thought it was switching from 27.5 to 29 but I've I've ridden the other 29ers and I've hadn't had this problem. On climbs the bike feels great and the decents it feels amazing. However, when the seat is up and I'm pedaling I feel like I'm being pushed forward. I want for a fit and my pedal stroke is all right. We pushes the seat back as far as it will go and I'm going to try this out for a few rides. I'm in Western Pennsylvania so maybe the terrain is similar to the Midwest nothing crazy like the Rockies so I spent a lot of time with the saddle raised and I don't want to have to push it down every time I go around a corner. You might want to play around with different stem lengths. The stock model comes with a 60 mm but mine came with a 50mm (I got mine used). I put a 70 on right now and I'm trying that I think 60 might be the way to go for me. 50mm was less leaning forward but more lower back pain on long rides, so maybe 60mm will be a happy medium between Also, you can invert the stem for a negative rise so that's possible too. I really don't want to switch my seatpost out but they do make setback seatposts so you could even sit farther back if you wanted to. I hope you get the bike. Talk to a fitter and see if anyone is familiar with the brand and the type of riding you want to do in your area.
    Move seat back

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by voob View Post
    What fork length are guys running?
    140 fox 34 and fox dps on rear. My handle bars are wider than I'm used to at 770 so I may be cutting those soon. How does the x2 feel? And in regards to fitting the suspension, how different was it than the factory recommendations?

mtbr member
    I have tried a fox X2, a CC inline and a DVO Topaz. They all felt good but the X2 was more composed and more coil like then the other two. Better matched to the 36 up front.
    I kept lowering the air pressure until I was using all the travel without harsh bottoming. I did add some volume spacers to stay within the sag range. I go more by feel then actual sag. I also lowered the tire pressure to the point before the sidewall collapses on hard side loading.
    This has allowed the bike to have better traction over roots and rocks on climbs.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Mayhem owners, what are your thoughts on this bike for flatter/flowy type trails?

(I was thinking) that this bike killed it on the CO front range trail I rode, but am now wondering if it really is a good bike for the flatter terrain I ride 95% of the time in the midwest...

Appreciate your responses, thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I received my bike last week and would like to share some initial thoughts. I'm 6', 34" inseam, 210-15 ready to ride. I purchased a large with 140mm in front and DPX2 in rear.

∑ Spot does a great job with regards to packaging. I received a box that was thoroughly trashed and the bike had not a scratch on it.
    ∑ I got red and love it. To me the red doesn't photograph well and is much nicer in person. This bike, regardless of color, is borderline stunning to look at...ymmv.
    ∑ Assembly is a snap and most everything, except suspension, is already dialed in.
    ∑ The dropper has got to be one of the smoothest out there (probably aided by the steep seat angle). I need a few more rides, but it may almost be too smooth. Tap the awesome lever and that sucker DROPS! Perhaps adjusting the air pressure might help?
    ∑ The wheels are already set up tubeless..Nice!
    ∑ Spot is generous with the steerer tube. I like my saddle to be at the same height as my bars and was able to achieve this by leaving the stem on top of the provided spacers.
    ∑ Initially, I was concerned when it came to setting up my saddle placement. I had to push the provided saddle all the way back on its rails and I was still approx 3/4" forward to where I wanted to be (note I have 175 cranks). The cockpit felt a touch cramped compared to my Fuel.
    ∑ After a couple of rides I adjusted the seatpost height to taste and put on one of my favorite saddles (20 year old WTB Laser V) that allows the saddle to slide rearward approx. 1/2" more than the stocker. These two adjustment have the saddle right where I want it.
    ∑ Did I mention this thing is gorgeous to look at!!
    ∑ Others have mentioned how quite it is while riding. I totally agree.
    ∑ No pedal strikes...Woowoo!
    ∑ I need more saddle time, but could see trying a 70mm stem to open up the cockpit just a tad more.
    ∑ Again, only a couple of rides in, but this thing absolutely kills it on the climbs while still being plush on the downs. I started with 80 psi in the forks and 220 in the shock and feel this puts me in the ballpark to what I'll eventually settle on.
    ∑ I agree that fit can be concerning. I contacted as many owners as I could and the consensus was a large for someone my size. Probably right, but pushing saddles all the way back and contemplating longer stems has me wishing I had had the opportunity to have test ridden an XL. This, obviously, is one of the pitfalls of consumer direct.
    ∑ I have no intensions of sending my bike back, but Spot does have a 30 day return policy.
    ∑ Did I mention this bike is very pleasing to the eye?
    ∑ I've been biking for over 35 years and "think" I know what works best for me. This from someone who used to think a 140mm stem and 24" bars were the hot ticket. This bike is a little different, but I was willing to try something a bit different in hopes that my eyes would be open to something better than what I was used to. Time will tell.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Don't be afraid to try a longer stem. While the Mayhem's reach number is pretty generous, it still has a relatively short 24" top tube. I'm 5'11" and have my saddle about a cm back from centered and am running a 70mm stem. Fits great now, but definitely took some trial and error to get it just right. Pretty common on bikes with steeper seat angles.

mtbr member
    I got out with the Spot guys (Tyler, Paul and Connor) yesterday on my home trails here in Eagle to shoot a few photos and show them the goods. I know they won't post anything here, so I thought I'd throw up a couple shots from the morning since they were all riding Mayhems. These guys rip.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Don't be afraid to try a longer stem. While the Mayhem's reach number is pretty generous, it still has a relatively short 24" top tube. I'm 5'11" and have my saddle about a cm back from centered and am running a 70mm stem. Fits great now, but definitely took some trial and error to get it just right. Pretty common on bikes with steeper seat angles.
    I am the same height and this is almost exactly the same set-up I have.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    The wife and I just put in an order for two Mayhems last night. 1 Small in Red and 1 XL in black. Both 5 star builds. We are so excited! We should have them in ~1.5 weeks.

Have you guys put anything on your frames to protect the paint? I know it's a MTB and it's going to get beat up, but I'd like to keep the frame looking nice.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast