Thread: Spicer Anyone?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Spicer Anyone?

I've been looking at Spicer 29er's.Anyone have any pics or info on them?They look like a stout bike for a 240+ rider.What do you think about them?

The Top Cap Guy
    I had a custom Spicer Singlespeed 26in bike for about 4 years - and thats a record for me on keeping bikes. Gene was great to work with and vrey easy going. Bike was delivered on time (within days of original due date) and very smooth and great ride. Never had a 29er bike by him... but I wouldn't hesitate!

Hope this helps a little,
    FF
    "If I'm leading, I'm bleeding."

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I have a Spicer SS 29'er. It was his first and is still pictured on his site as sample #'s 5, 6 & 7. It is a very solid bike. He can custom tailor the tubeset to your weight. I tend to be a bit hard on bikes and asked that my bike be built burly, so he reinforced it in several sections. I am pretty happy with mine, the only complaints are a little bit of toe overlap and the color didn't come out like it was supposed to. Gene was great to work with though, very responsive and helpful. I have had no problems with my frame in almost 3 years of hard riding.

Evil Jr.
    I just got a custom Ti SS 'cross bike from Gene. Can't say enough about either the bike or the man. Awesome to deal with and he delivers a fine product! He went above and beyond to get me exactly what I wanted.

Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Excellent Experience

Gene was great to work with for my custom Ti 29er cruiser, with a very friendly and patient demeanor. He listened to the long list of needs and wants (some of them conflicting!) then designed a bike which far exceeded expectations.

large member
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster

WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!

That is simply stunning.

mtbr member
    The only person I know on a Spicer SS (26) has thighs the size of my waist- and he ain't what I would call fat. I'd tell them who you are and go for it with their blessing...
    Mike

mtbr member
    Dog not included
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE=1]Jesus Is Coming, Everyone Look Busy[/SIZE]