Danger Zone

Specialized Enduro Comp vs. YT Jeffsy

I realize these may seem like two very different bikes, but I'm stuck at an impasse on which one to go with. I recently bought a 2017 Specialized Enduro Comp 29er at a killer deal and have been riding it for about a week or so. At first I really wasn't sure how I felt about it, but after tweaking the suspension it feels a bit better.

However, in the last week I also put an order in on a YT Jeffsy AL One. I had been wanting one for a while given the stellar reviews and I finally pulled the trigger while I was unsure about the Enduro.

I've never seen a direct comparison between the two because they are aimed at two different categories, but honestly it seems like the lines are pretty blurred. The geometries are actually virtually identical aside from slightly lower BB on the Jeffsy. The Jeffsy has mostly better bits and pieces, but no boost up front and narrower wheels.

I live in New England so lots of very technical, rocky/rooty stuff, tight turns, and lots of tough climbs that the weight of the Enduro might make a bit difficult. The Jeffsy certainly seems like it would be a lot easier to throw up and over obstacles and whip around for fun. But then again the Enduro feels super plush and stable on drops.

My plan was to sell the Enduro and keep the Jeffsy when it comes, but I'm just not sure anymore and my wife might kill me if I try to keep both bikes. Any input from anyone with experience with one or another (or both) is definitely appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldFly View Post
    . . .but I'm just not sure anymore and my wife might kill me if I try to keep both bikes. Any input from anyone with experience with one or another (or both) is definitely appreciated.
    At an impasse huh, my input and experience is to ask you one question. Do you like being married?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    The Enduro for any long or tech climb is pretty awful IMO. When the Jeffsy comes try them out head to head to see which you prefer. But if you think the Enduro will suffice then perhaps you can cancel the YT.
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    the enduro is built for steep, gnarly charging and monster trucking, and then grinding back to the top. the Jeffsey is built for playful, fun trails, popping and being active on the bike, and putting in a good amount of mileage on your rides.

One is a long travel enduro bike, the other is a very capable trail bike.