mtbr member

Spec. Captain Contol 2Bliss going away?

Heard that Specialized may not be keeping the Catain Contol in their line up. Anyone know if there's truth to this? This recently became my favorite tire, in both 2.0 and 2.2.

mtbr member
    Specialized has a policy of not keeping a tire model around for more than 3 years no matter how good it is (I might be wrong on the exact number), and I think that the Captain is unfortunately running up against this deadline soon. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong so I don't confirm or spread further rumours

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattyd
    Heard that Specialized may not be keeping the Catain Contol in their line up. Anyone know if there's truth to this? This recently became my favorite tire, in both 2.0 and 2.2.
    That would suck! My favorite as well. How can you get rid of the Captain it is named for Ned afterall!

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    Specialized has a policy of not keeping a tire model around for more than 3 years no matter how good it is (I might be wrong on the exact number), and I think that the Captain is unfortunately running up against this deadline soon. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong so I don't confirm or spread further rumours
    I don't remember any of their tires being around for much longer than that but I hope thats not a firm rule. The captain controls are great and they are selling the piss out of them AFAIK.

I was a team master and control fan and hated to see them go.

mtbr member
    I just put a set on front and rear and really like 'em. Hope they don't discontinue them...

mtbr member
    Fast Trak's have been around a lot longer than Captains.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    But the Fast Traks did disappear for a while, then returned, but only in Low Knob form, now they carry the full line.

mtbr member
    I created a post about a week ago asking for help with tires selection, and I followed the suggestions of going for the captains 2.2 front and 2.0 rear...

Man I really like this tires on my new rig, and I can't believe their going away already.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hozzerr1
    Man I really like this tires on my new rig, and I can't believe their going away already.
    May I point out that no one has confirmed that or even said they heard the rumour too. I offered a theory on why it might be possible, but I hadn't heard the rumour before this either. I probably should have worded my comment as more theoretical than it comes across right now. No need to panic (yet )!