Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Soul Cycles... why don't we see more of them?

I'm a proud owner of a Dillinger... and I've actually only seen one other Soul Cycles bike ever. Why is that? Do people nit like them, don't know about them... they aren't to expensive that's for sure. I find it strange.
    Last edited by h2otaco; 03-21-2012 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Typo in title.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    1- They don't know about them
    2- They run them in batches and can be tough to get

Trail Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by dankilling View Post
    1- They don't know about them
    2- They run them in batches and can be tough to get
    But the ones that do know about them and are fortunate to own one love em!
    (wish more were as educated)

I owned one, but sold it..wish I hadn't but it found a good home.

Besides, I am expecting a Lynskey Pro29 SL in the next couple days so I doubt it would have seen much trail time anyways.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy carbon
    Lynskey Pro29 SL SS
    Cervelo S2 Ultegra
    Salsa Selma
    Soul Cycle Dillinger Gen3

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I just finished up building up a rigid ss Dillinger.

Love it so far.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dubdryver View Post
    But the ones that do know about them and are fortunate to own one love em!
    (wish more were as educated)

I owned one, but sold it..wish I hadn't but it found a good home.

Besides, I am expecting a Lynskey Pro29 SL in the next couple days so I doubt it would have seen much trail time anyways.
    Which generation did you own? I got mine off a guy from TX... 1st gen, was mint condition... looked like it had barely been ridden. Total stroke of luck.

Trail Junkie
    Mine was a Gen. 4 Brushed. I sold it to another local rider that really likes it as well.

Great value because all the tubing is Easton Extra-Lite 7005 aluminum. Its pretty damn good quality.

Santa Cruz Tallboy carbon
    Lynskey Pro29 SL SS
    Cervelo S2 Ultegra
    Salsa Selma
    Soul Cycle Dillinger Gen3

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    For me it is the head angle, top tube, and EBB that would keep me away from that frame.

Price is right, but geo is not right for me.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    They're local to me and my buddy has a Dillinger. He loves it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by S:Drive View Post
    For me it is the head angle, top tube, and EBB that would keep me away from that frame.

Price is right, but geo is not right for me.
    For me the Dillinger, as an SS, is a perfect training tool.... Geometry is just so close to my MootoX YBB.

Identical TT and wheelbase, BB drops are very close. Head angle is steeper on the SC by 0.5 degrees. The differences in handling are virtually unnoticeable. Obviously the Moots is more comfortable But for $500, the Soul is hard to beat... I've never had a peep out of the EBB, so I cant complain about that at all.
    Last edited by h2otaco; 03-21-2012 at 08:33 AM.

Let'er Buck
    Love my Dillinger great bike with great looks and price what more can you ask for.
    "Powder River, Let 'er Buck"

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by h2otaco View Post
    For me the Dillinger, as an SS, is a perfect training tool.... Geometry is just so close to my MootoX YBB.

Identical TT and wheelbase, BB drops are very close. Head angle is steeper on the SC by 0.5 degrees. The differences in handling are virtually unnoticeable. Obviously the Moots is more comfortable But for $500, the Soul is hard to beat... I've never had a peep out of the EBB, so I cant complain about that at all.
    I am glad it works for you, but I am a little particular about the things I like.

Keep on Rockin...
    Wow. First time I ever took a good look at that frame. Very nice.

Bikes!
    I had a Hooligan and then a Dillinger, both were great bikes and very good value indeed!

Rigid + SS can do anything! Or is it the mahoossive wheels?! by Jamieson Just J, on Flickr
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2014 Intense Tracer 275
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
    2000 Intense Tracer

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    have been riding my Dillinger for a couple of seasons already, love that bike! got it as a gift from a couple of friends and the gf, it's the gift that keeps on giving. i believe there is a pic thread of Dillingers around here somewhere

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by S:Drive View Post
    I am glad it works for you, but I am a little particular about the things I like.
    I am also particular about the things you like... I DEMAND THAT YOU LIKE THE DILLINGER... RIGHT NOW... LIKE IT!!!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by h2otaco View Post
    I am also particular about the things you like... I DEMAND THAT YOU LIKE THE DILLINGER... RIGHT NOW... LIKE IT!!!!!
    Hahaha seriously.

I've had 2 Dillingers, the first one lasted about a year and a half and a crack developed where at the st/ht junction. I was using the stock collar and an aluminum post with plenty of clearance on the seatpost, Chad replaced it no problem because it was still within the 2 year warranty period. It took a couple weeks because they don't seem to have a constant supply of frames, but they set a frame from the new shipment aside for me and shipped it right away. I was kind of bummed I had to wait for a new batch, but he was always in touch and kept me posted. I've had my new frame for about a month and I love it (same geo but it's raw now, beautiful). It's a great value, and rides really nice. Good riding frames are a dime a dozen, but the customer service has been consistently awesome so that is definitely value-added to a great product. Most people I've read about dealing with Soul have had a similar experience in regards to customer service, and that's hard to compete with unfortunately.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Here's mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Soul Cycles... why don't we see more of them?-img_1253.jpg  

agu
    mtbr member
    The Dillinger rides super-nice for an aluminum frame - proof that it's more than just a question of material choice!

Speaking of which, I'm waiting on their Ti forks!

Slave to the grind
    way way way under-rated bikes. i think we sold at least 15 of them here in the Philippines. don't see enough of them on the trail though. its a shame people don't know what they're missing.

I currently own several bikes but my SS Rigid Dill is still my default option. love it!
    Let it flow, let yourself go, slow and low, that is the tempo.

mtbr member
    I just received my new raw frame this week. Time to build! I got it as loved the geometry, build quality and price. I have never seen one before. Researched on the net and found nothing but great reviews. Going to be a sweet single speed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I have a couple Souls, great bikes

[Edit] The last one is obviously not a Soul
    Last edited by IdleHands; 04-03-2012 at 03:24 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by agu View Post
    The Dillinger rides super-nice for an aluminum frame - proof that it's more than just a question of material choice!

Speaking of which, I'm waiting on their Ti forks!
    I want one of these too!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    love mine, been on it a few season. Have done a couple singlespeed 12hr races on it, one of which was full rigid using their color match steel fork.

My current configuration with gears, waiting for my knee to heal up from its wreak. 1x9 mode w/ sram x9

Uncle
    Quote Originally Posted by cm374 View Post
    ...the first one lasted about a year and a half and a crack developed where at the st/ht junction.
    Cracked at the seat tube/head tube junction? Must have been an odd handling bike. Shortest ETT evar!
    Eat, ride, eat, rest, repeat.

Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
    Are they still coming out with a F/S 29er? I think it was supposed to be called the Digital...
    Can you hear me now?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast