Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Totally agree. As does the bent top tube. I do really like those "raw" looking frames though so I don't mind it. I just hope hit handles like the previous models. they apparently changed geo around a bit to accomodate 100mm forks better.
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    What are the Soma Juice owners using to fill/cover the opening where the V-brakes would go?

mtbr member
    V brakes

Quote Originally Posted by ddublu View Post
    What are the Soma Juice owners using to fill/cover the opening where the V-brakes would go?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by seat_boy View Post
    V brakes
    Ha...good one....too late for that...just picked it up today and there is curled up paper in the holes....obviously not going to keep water out....man, is she a beaut.

I just realized you are selling your XXL? Exactly what I brought home today. Why are you selling?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

I may be wrong here

The perfectly cylindrical part of the canti stud (V brake stud) that the brake arm pivots on is threaded into the braze on. You simply unscrew the little cyclinder and the frame is suddenly a bit safer and looks cleaner. Get an allen screw from the hardware store to fill and protect the metric standard threads now exposed to the effluent.

transmitter~receiver
    I left the paint masking caps on mine, but the set-screw thing sounds much cleaner.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by venturi95 View Post
    The perfectly cylindrical part of the canti stud (V brake stud) that the brake arm pivots on is threaded into the braze on. You simply unscrew the little cyclinder and the frame is suddenly a bit safer and looks cleaner. Get an allen screw from the hardware store to fill and protect the metric standard threads now exposed to the effluent.
    Just checked and I dont see anything that screws off of those things.

transmitter~receiver
    Just checked and I dont see anything that screws off of those things.
    There are wrench flats at the base of the studs.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    There are wrench flats at the base of the studs.
    We are talking about the knobs with threaded holes in them on the slant down on back of frame, right? Not following you re: wrench flats.

transmitter~receiver
    We are talking about the knobs with threaded holes in them on the slant down on back of frame, right? Not following you re: wrench flats.
    Maybe they stopped putting studs in the holes. Mine came with studs. In that case go directly for the metric set-screw-type filler. If you are never going to use cantis then just forget about it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Maybe they stopped putting studs in the holes. Mine came with studs. In that case go directly for the metric set-screw-type filler. If you are never going to use cantis then just forget about it.
    Do you know if 8mm or 10mm brake boss caps would fit it? I see that KCNC sells aluminum ones and Problem Solvers sells rubber ones. Just dont know which size.
    ★★★★ My 2012 Soma Juice build ★★★★

transmitter~receiver
    Do you know if 8mm or 10mm brake boss caps would fit it? I see that KCNC sells aluminum ones and Problem Solvers sells rubber ones. Just dont know which size.
    If you don't have bosses caps aren't going to do you any good. Normally what's called a "canti boss" is the stud I mentioned that you seem not to have.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    If you don't have bosses caps aren't going to do you any good. Normally what's called a "canti boss" is the stud I mentioned that you seem not to have.
    I could very well be mis-speaking. I'm referring to the threaded part of the frame that a bolt (or maybe the brake bosses) would screw into. That's what I want to cap off.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Yes, he's sayin above to just insert a screw where bosses would go.

(just saw a beautiful new Analog on the trail today, super sessy!)
    Last edited by gsteitz; 12-24-2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Clarity
    Pedal through it!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gsteitz View Post
    Yes, he's sayin above to just insert a screw. Done.

(just saw a beautiful new Analog on the trail today, super sessy!)
    Yep, I got that now but still need to know what size? They sell 8mm and 10mm caps. Hoping someone who has picked a pair up knows sizing. Don't just want to put a screw in it. Either want solid black cap or blue aluminum cap.

transmitter~receiver
    Yep, I got that now but still need to know what size? They sell 8mm and 10mm caps. Hoping someone who has picked a pair up knows sizing. Don't just want to put a screw in it. Either want solid black cap or blue aluminum cap.
    Just by familiarity and looking at the pictures I'm 90% for 8mm, but don't quote me on that. E-mail Soma or problemsolver and you'll get the most reliable answer.
    The problemsolver plugs look fine. I'd use plastic to prevent corrosion, but the alloy would be fine too if you just check them every once in a while and keep em greased or Teflon tape the threads.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5