Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    This is NOT a good line

Now I can Post Pix!

Just a little bling added with gold braided hydro hoses and gold chain.
    Quote from MADSS: "Remember, single speed riding is actually 3 speed riding - sitting, standing and walking"

mtbr member
    I have been in limbo cuz of trail running lately. Plus I have a stable of so many bikes, with so little time. My main ride is the Giant NRS3, oldie but goodie!

mtbr member
    I am in the process of building a Juice SS and have ran into an issue mounting my Avid brake caliper. Not matter which Avid adapter I try it just will not line up with the rotor.

Anyone else have this issue?

Jeff

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by azbeersnob View Post
    I am in the process of building a Juice SS and have ran into an issue mounting my Avid brake caliper. Not matter which Avid adapter I try it just will not line up with the rotor.

Jeff
    Not on my (former) Juice, but on a couple of other frames I've used presta valve nuts as spacers to get the caliper in the range of the alignment flexibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member

I really need a better pic of my Juice

It doesn't really glow angelically, but it does ride pretty nicely:

It's the new for this year 22" size.

shut up legs
    on the rear?
    ---->Fat Bike Fenders & More
    Salsa Mukluk | Salsa El Mariachi | Salsa Spearfish
    Mountain Cycle Stumptown

This is NOT a good line

Jeff
    Jeff, I just built up a new wheel for my Juice, old is SS, new is geared, and I didn't even have to adjust the caliper for the new one. However, I am running Hayes Strokers, so maybe a difference there. There is a slight possibility that your specific frame may have a defect in the positioning of the caliper mounts. I think I read on here one poster had issues with weld bead filling the slot in the shifter cable stop.
    Quote from MADSS: "Remember, single speed riding is actually 3 speed riding - sitting, standing and walking"

Axles of Evil

Jeff
    Hey Jeff,
    Can you expand a bit? Is the caliper not able to reach the rotor (horizontally)? Or, just can't seem to line up vertically? Are the mounting tabs on the frame straight? Like meltingfeather said; I too, had to get creative with spacers on an older Juice. My most recent model has been flawless.

Here to help,

Steve

mtbr member
    Figured out the issue with the rear brake not mounting correctly...don't try and use a front brake adapter.

Jeff

transmitter~receiver
    Figured out the issue with the rear brake not mounting correctly...don't try and use a front brake adapter.

Jeff
    lol
    Glad you got it figured out.
    At least it's an easy fix
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member
    Finally got it all together and got a ride in on it. The bike felt great:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Soma Juice build-juice.jpg  

Axles of Evil

Jeff
    Doh! Fixes are the best. Glad you got sorted.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    For those of you with the new frame, how do you like the new dropouts? Do they move on you at all? After having my 20" XL for over a year now, I feel like going up a size would fit me better and I do have my rear wheel slide on the dropouts at times since I run it geared. If the feedback is good, I'll probably be selling off this XL frame and moving up.

mtbr member
    nice! my first real SS was a SOMA 4one5 - I loved that thing

mtbr member
    Mine have been creak- and slip-free so far. I'm starting to be forced to revise my negative opinion of sliders....

Quote Originally Posted by ajdemo76 View Post
    For those of you with the new frame, how do you like the new dropouts? Do they move on you at all? After having my 20" XL for over a year now, I feel like going up a size would fit me better and I do have my rear wheel slide on the dropouts at times since I run it geared. If the feedback is good, I'll probably be selling off this XL frame and moving up.

mtbr member
    Built this past May. I am thinking of making this a 1x9 setup for this fall/winter but can't decide on a chain guide (no bash ring as I hope my HBC ring will be in soon). Any suggestions???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Soma Juice build-imag0008.jpg  

This is NOT a good line

NEW Soma Juice Build

Dude, that is awesome looking!!! I am envious of the new frame with slider dropouts. If you want to go 1x9, then I'll buy this frame for my SS version of "The Green Hornet" As for the chain guide, go with a Paul's; it is the most minimalist with out a bash guard.

mtbr member
    The apple green Juice looks great. I'm researching for a build and I love the Soma.
    Thanks for the pics, it makes my decision a lot easier.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    What size are you guys riding for how tall you are? I'm 5'9 with longer legs but I'm worried about a long top tube
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoraa View Post
    What size are you guys riding for how tall you are? I'm 5'9 with longer legs but I'm worried about a long top tube
    I'm 5'9" with short legs and rode an 18" (SOMA size Large). It fit me great. With your build, I'd say an 18" with some seatpost exposed is the way to go. I would think that the XL 20" would be too long for a 5'9" person.
    Enjoy the ride!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I have a short torso. The tt worries me. I ride an 18" trance and it feels crammed. A 17.5 felt elite and it feels perfect. I guess the soma would be closer to the felt in geo since my trance is so slack. The felt also had a 90 or 100mm stem so I have room to shorten the soma. Pretty sure I would have a dangerous amount of Seatpost exposed if I went 16.
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ajdemo76 View Post
    Better hurry....there arent many of the 22" frames left in the green. For 2013 they got rid of the drop top tube (which I think is one of the biggest differentiators of the bike) and the candy apple green color. My 22" frame showed up yesterday along with all of my parts from various online suppliers. Dropping off at LBS later today for "the build." Details and pics tomorrow, I hope! My wife asked me if I was going to sleep with the frame last night...lol.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Just called my lbs today. Out of 12 models. 2013 models come with a straight top tube and a half shorter inch seat tube per size. Also the color is a raw nickle. Still looks ****ing sweet! Won't be shipping till late December. I'll be buying one in January.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoraa View Post
    Green looks better. :-)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast