mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Cool-blue Rhythm Sold my Scott Scale 29er Comp for a Giant Anthem X3 29er

Well after one season of riding after my back surgery last spring, I decided i couldn't take riding on a hardtail anymore. So after one day on Craigslist I sold my bike which was only a year old for not less then I paid for it new. So found a 2011 Giant Anthem X3 29er that I am planning to go pick up tomorrow morning. I am pretty excited and this will be my first full suspension bike. Hopefully this will make riding more enjoyable for me.

Bellydraft
    I got off an xtc composite and on an anthem X advanced and can't believe how much more riding I am able to do. Moreover,most of it also notably faster. Hope you love it! The Anthem is an incredible bike.

Your Best Friend
    I too went from a HT Scott to a Giant Anthem X29er. Both great bikes and do what the were designed to do very well. You'll love the Anthem. First things first, when you get the bike, go tubeless.
    I guide and rent bikes in Northern Utah

http://www.facebook.com/AdventureEarthRides

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Here are some pics.

out with the old
    Sold my Scott Scale 29er Comp for a Giant Anthem X3 29er-2013-02-28_15-36-59_74.jpg
    in with the new (to me)
    Sold my Scott Scale 29er Comp for a Giant Anthem X3 29er-2013-03-02_11-41-39_378.jpg

I am pretty happy with this upgrade. It should be a lot better on the trail then my old bike. I think I did pretty good on the price also, being that I picked it up for 1k.

mtbr member
    Thats a fantastic upgrade, the anthem's are great bikes and ride quality is so much better over a alum HT

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    how does the geometry compare between the two? I know the Scale's is based off their carbon race bike! I'm curious on how the Anthem is in comparison.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I really haven't ridden it much other then around a parking lot when I picked up. I also went down a size from a Large in the Scott, to a Medium with the Giant. I just felt that the Scott was too big on the trail. The Giant feels a lot better in the little bit that I rode it around today. I feel I will be able to huck it around better. I will give a better review of it once I get to actually hit the trails with it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Awe yeah i test rode a L scale and it was way too big for me. The Anthem should be quite nice with it being the right size and all.

Carbon & Ti rule
    That is a great deal.

Nice bike go & have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PA trailrider View Post
    Here are some pics.

out with the old
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-28_15-36-59_74.jpg 
Views:	2353 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	776824
    in with the new (to me)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-02_11-41-39_378.jpg 
Views:	4049 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	776825

I am pretty happy with this upgrade. It should be a lot better on the trail then my old bike. I think I did pretty good on the price also, being that I picked it up for 1k.