mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Cool-blue Rhythm Sold my Scott Scale 29er Comp for a Giant Anthem X3 29er

Well after one season of riding after my back surgery last spring, I decided i couldn't take riding on a hardtail anymore. So after one day on Craigslist I sold my bike which was only a year old for not less then I paid for it new. So found a 2011 Giant Anthem X3 29er that I am planning to go pick up tomorrow morning. I am pretty excited and this will be my first full suspension bike. Hopefully this will make riding more enjoyable for me.

Bellydraft
    I got off an xtc composite and on an anthem X advanced and can't believe how much more riding I am able to do. Moreover,most of it also notably faster. Hope you love it! The Anthem is an incredible bike.

Your Best Friend
    I too went from a HT Scott to a Giant Anthem X29er. Both great bikes and do what the were designed to do very well. You'll love the Anthem. First things first, when you get the bike, go tubeless.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Here are some pics.

out with the old
    Sold my Scott Scale 29er Comp for a Giant Anthem X3 29er-2013-02-28_15-36-59_74.jpg
    in with the new (to me)
    Sold my Scott Scale 29er Comp for a Giant Anthem X3 29er-2013-03-02_11-41-39_378.jpg

I am pretty happy with this upgrade. It should be a lot better on the trail then my old bike. I think I did pretty good on the price also, being that I picked it up for 1k.

mtbr member
    Thats a fantastic upgrade, the anthem's are great bikes and ride quality is so much better over a alum HT

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    how does the geometry compare between the two? I know the Scale's is based off their carbon race bike! I'm curious on how the Anthem is in comparison.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I really haven't ridden it much other then around a parking lot when I picked up. I also went down a size from a Large in the Scott, to a Medium with the Giant. I just felt that the Scott was too big on the trail. The Giant feels a lot better in the little bit that I rode it around today. I feel I will be able to huck it around better. I will give a better review of it once I get to actually hit the trails with it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Awe yeah i test rode a L scale and it was way too big for me. The Anthem should be quite nice with it being the right size and all.

Carbon & Ti rule
    That is a great deal.

Nice bike go & have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PA trailrider View Post
    Here are some pics.

out with the old
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-28_15-36-59_74.jpg 
Views:	1816 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	776824
    in with the new (to me)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-02_11-41-39_378.jpg 
Views:	3012 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	776825

I am pretty happy with this upgrade. It should be a lot better on the trail then my old bike. I think I did pretty good on the price also, being that I picked it up for 1k.