Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FlatFender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    662

    So I went into ***** Sporting Goods for some ammo...

    and walked out with a new 29er.

    They had a 20" Diamondback Overdrive 29 on clearance for $349, plus it had a scratch on the top of the top tube so they knocked another 15% off. Im usually pretty good about buying bikes from the LBS, but I couldnt pass up the deal... even though I dont really need the bike.

    Anyways, if anyone is looking for a cheapish 29er, I figured I would put the word out... Clearance is always awesome.
    Last edited by FlatFender; 11-03-2008 at 09:17 PM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    410
    Sweet. I got one of those on CL not long ago. Nice frame.

    Ammo prices are ridiculous these days.
    Idaho

  3. #3
    LCD
    LCD is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    74
    Sweet deal. Enjoy.

  4. #4
    anyone else smell that?
    Reputation: jgsatl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,318
    have a good time on it.....and post some pics!!
    1. Your signature can not be longer than 125 characters.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FlatFender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by jgsatl
    have a good time on it.....and post some pics!!
    As soon as it gets de-reflectored and whatnot, ill snap some pictars.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: WarPigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    787
    did get the 5.56 as well?
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FlatFender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by WarPigs
    did get the 5.56 as well?
    12ga #8 birdshot

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    90
    does that have a Reba on it?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    410
    Dart 3
    Idaho

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FlatFender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by jgsatl
    have a good time on it.....and post some pics!!


    Its really nothing special, seems to ride nice though. The frame and the wheels seem very stiff.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatFender
    and walked out with a new 29er.

    They had a 20" Diamondback Overdrive 29 on clearance for $349, plus it had a scratch on the top of the top tube so they knocked another 15% off. Im usually pretty good about buying bikes from the LBS, but I couldnt pass up the deal... even though I dont really need the bike.

    Anyways, if anyone is looking for a cheapish 29er, I figured I would put the word out... Clearance is always awesome.
    Dude you suck!!! LOL.........Seriously though, I picked up my Overdrive for $500 and I thought THAT was a good deal at Sport Chalet. Good find

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    789
    Word! Do they have this at all Dick's or was it a one off deal? Excellent bike to keep around so you can shut up the "so what's it with the 29er" crowd...

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FlatFender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme Moore
    Word! Do they have this at all Dick's or was it a one off deal? Excellent bike to keep around so you can shut up the "so what's it with the 29er" crowd...
    No idea. However for anyone in the Raleigh Area, the ***** near Triangle Town Center Mall had 1 left (18") when I picked this one up. For some reason though, I think that one was a little more expensive ($450ish i think)

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatFender


    Its really nothing special, seems to ride nice though. The frame and the wheels seem very stiff.
    seems doggie is protective of the new steed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •