Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    how tall are you (and weight)?
    thnkx!

PS - nice colors! really like the white & red

Stokeless Asshat
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepo5669 View Post
    It's interesting how quick people who hang out in the 29er forums are to dish out neg rep.
    It's usually those that drank the Koolaid just this year...
    Zip ties? Not on my bike!

Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Visladog...

You just got positive rep from me just to offset the negative.

On a slight rant, I think this 'rep' system is BS and absolutely prone to abuse. I only leave positive rep to say thanks to people, and would never leave negative rep. It just comes off as immature and cowardly. To top it off, I really think that if negative rep is a feature that is able to used, there should absolutely be a requirement to leave your screen name and a valid reason for giving it, or it isn't able to be processed. Bet that would cut down on the folks who use it anonymously to satisfy there inability to deal with others.

Bet I'm gonna get slayed for saying that, but oh well.

And back on topic, that bike is rad Visladog. And nice Visla too!!!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jochribs View Post
    Visladog...

You just got positive rep from me just to offset the negative.

On a slight rant, I think this 'rep' system is BS and absolutely prone to abuse. I only leave positive rep to say thanks to people, and would never leave negative rep. It just comes off as immature and cowardly. To top it off, I really think that if negative rep is a feature that is able to used, there should absolutely be a requirement to leave your screen name and a valid reason for giving it, or it isn't able to be processed. Bet that would cut down on the folks who use it anonymously to satisfy there inability to deal with others.

Bet I'm gonna get slayed for saying that, but oh well.

And back on topic, that bike is rad Visladog. And nice Visla too!!!
    X2 with this and completely agree...and another rep for Visladog for being "open minded" about wheel sizes.

Also explain to me how some people with minimal posts have huge rep #'s? I'm waving the BS flag on that. I've only neg. repped 1 person ever (David Copperfield) and that guy totoally deserved it as he trolls so many forums. Yes, I left my screen name as SHOULD be required!!!
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Thanks everyone.

I am 5 9 178lbs. in average mtbr shape (meaning i have a family and ride once or twice a week) it's actually a little heavier than my 29er i sold but it was 1x10 with crest wheels and racing ralphs.

I could have gotten a crest wheelset but i decided to get the flows because i figured they would handle rocks and roots better. i always felt there was a bit of flex in the 29er crests.

Im not a jumper but im also not a 145lb xc racer

mtbr member
    Thanks for sharing. I love my 29er HT for XC but for all mountain I am really thinking about a FS 27.5er addition. I really think that would be most ideal set of bikes to have.

29er HT XC and 27.5er FS MTN/TRAIL.

mtbr member
    You know...i was thinking the same thing.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    What is your BB height? I'm considering building one of these, but am worried the BB may be a bit high, so I'm also considering a Blur XC.

Baby Bear is in the house
    Quote Originally Posted by vizsladog View Post
    weighs 28lbs flat
    Wow, awesome weight. I thought the Nickel was quite portly. Good build there

P.S.
    What BB height did you end up with?
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

mtbr member
    side note:

In general I see everyone worried/asking about BB* height, and HA**, but bike handling is not driven only by this figures.

For the "normal Jo", that don't live to race, BB height must be different from bike to bike (longer travel bikes using more sag, should have more BB height).
    BB height is influenced by tire height, so BB drop is a "more correct" dimension.

If bikes are used on more slick trails, where you don't find rocks and roots, a bigger BB drop is always welcome (Trail centers in UK for ex.).
    But for those who live and ride on natural, rocky hardcore trails, a lower BB drop or even a negative BB drop, is something to have in mind.

Regarding the conversion from 26 to 650 and BB height, you basically have to add half the diference between diameters, and add to the Original Geo Data...

Ex:
    Original 26´ - BB height: 340mm
    Original 26´Diameter: 673mm

275/650B tire diameter: 698mm

698mm - 673 mm = 25 mm
    36mm / 2 = 12.5 mm

Actual BB height with 275/650B = 340mm + 12.5 mm = 352.5 mm

Tire Dimensions | Schwalbe North America

PS: Don't take me wrong, but I think riders should look (see videos) how they corner, how they have the arms and body position --> this will improve more than a mere mms drop on the BB.

mtbr member
    vizsladog,

It could be just me, but while ridding 29ers I feel like seating IN the bike, and 26er, I feel seating ON the bike.
    If this is the same to you, how you would describe the sensation on your 650B conversion?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Yep i've pretty much made up my mind on going 650B for FS too

Quote Originally Posted by Tkul View Post
    vizsladog,

It could be just me, but while ridding 29ers I feel like seating IN the bike, and 26er, I feel seating ON the bike.
    If this is the same to you, how you would describe the sensation on your 650B conversion?
    Hmm i thought i felt more IN the bike when i got on my 26er after demoing 3 dif 29ers. This may be the difference from feeling the bigger hoops on the 29er though. All subjective of course

mtbr member
    The BB height is 13 3/4 to center of bb.

On the nickel i feel kinda just right. Not really in it or on top of it.On myb last 29er i felt on top of it...

And if i ever go back to florida im making it a 1x10 with rocket ron tires.

That will drop almost 2 lbs

The nickel frame weighed just under 7lbs so it was on the heavy side.

Baby Bear is in the house
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkul View Post
    side note:
    I myself already know that 26er to 650B conversion only requires subtraction of approximately 13 mm to the BB drop. But I'm a lazy bastard and don't want to have to dig up tire/wheel diameters and BB drop/height numbers for the frames in question.

Still, thanks for sharing
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2