Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Tire connected with my shoe coming out of the driveway but no problems once I was on the hill.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnmtns View Post
    I'm 5'10" and ride a M TB. Kind of right on the cusp of the M and L. In the end I went with the M with a 100mm stem. Just felt better to me. FWIW that is what the shop owner was pushing as well. He is 5'10" and he said thats what he would ride. I know the TB Lt is slightly different geometry but its a little bit larger so I would say the same pretty much applies. I also ride flats, you think the tire is close but I have never had an issue. I'd have to have my feet near the heels to actually hit.
    I'm 5' 10 3/4 on a Large TBc, can't imagine how tight it'd feel on a M.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Go with the Large, 50mm stem and 750 bars. Make the bike a lot more lively and fun. As well, the extra Top tube and Wheel base make it glued to the ground on steep climbs.

I use to have a Nomad with TALAS 36. Needed it for steep climbs. But my LTc is 1" longer in both TT and WB. Don't need the Talas.

More users could go into detail about it but I use a Medium and I am 5'5" with 28" inseam.
    At 5'10", you'll love both bike sizes. However, you'll get more out of a Large in terms of capabilities.

One friend at 5'10 on a Large and one at 6' on a XL.

Good luck. Shredder bike in any terrain.

Sylvain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Small Long travel 29ers?-my-tallboy-ltc.jpg  

mtbr member
    Thats kinda where my head is at. The confusion lies with the shop who is pushing the better parts on the M... and I will have to upgrade the fork for sure. They are telling me that is about $850 for Fox float 34.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    Custom is more than we want to spend. Especially considering how long (not long) bikes last in Moab.
    I don't think you need a custom from Ventana, the newly redesigned El Capitan fit's all your needs.

El Capitán | Ventana Mountain Bikes USA

The 15" meets all that you requested I believe

22.5 ETT, 120/140 travel and burly strong.
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I'm 5'4, and I'd just like to wipe out the myth that smaller riders don't benefit from 29ers. I have a yeti sb-95, and rode it back to back with my friend's sb-66. I liked my 29er, hands down, on rocky, all-mountain/DH terrain(Stevens Pass). Another myth is that 29ers are only for XC/trail, although nobody is debating that in this thread. I think that a 5+ travel 29er for a small rider is a very reasonable demand and is doable. I'm currently waiting for my Lenzsport to be painted and shipped.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by LB412 View Post
    Thats kinda where my head is at. The confusion lies with the shop who is pushing the better parts on the M... and I will have to upgrade the fork for sure. They are telling me that is about $850 for Fox float 34.
    If they wanted the sale they could swap the parts for you. The head tube is the same size on medium and large frames.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    They are changing the stems for me this morning. 10M shorter on the large opposite on M

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3