Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Singular photos: Post here!

There was talk of someone starting a Singular pic thread ... so I figured I'd jump in and make it happen...

This morning at the trailhead I ran into Dave (SlowerthenSnot I believe) and his fixed Singular Gryphon... so here's an unusual site: 2 Singular's at a Colorado trailhead (Shinglemill Trail @Buffalo Creek).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Singular photos: Post here!-singularswift-griffinsmall.jpg  

Last edited by stevereeneo; 08-22-2010 at 05:09 PM.
    "You know how they make aluminum bike frames? They take steel and suck out all the soul..."

mtbr member

Steve's Swift

Here is my Swift... I LOVE the way this bike rides!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Singular photos: Post here!-fullswift-small.jpg  

Singular photos: Post here!-swift-full-close-small.jpg  

"You know how they make aluminum bike frames? They take steel and suck out all the soul..."

CB2
    Jam Econo
    I broke my thumb so I had to add a suspension fork to mine.

But I love that rigid fork! Looking forward to being able to use it again (but honestly I'm kind of digging the squishy fork right now).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CB2
    But I love that rigid fork! Looking forward to being able to use it again (but honestly I'm kind of digging the squishy fork right now).
    Yeah, I can't even imagine changing back ... that Fox is a dream!

Nice Jersey... you get that from Sam or does Marty have 'em? PM me.

S

ballbuster

As if I haven't worn my pics out enough yet...

Quote Originally Posted by stevereeneo
    Here is my Swift... I LOVE the way this bike rides!!!!!!!
    ... sure, I'll post them... cause I'm an attention whore.

Maiden voyage is tomorrow.

mtbr member
    my swift ...

"old enough to know better. too old to care."

mtbr member
    May 2007

I now have a hankering for a Swift with a Lefty... Or should I wait for the new Kite cross bike?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    great pics guys,

ive been running mine with drop bars and love it,i can ride nearly everything the same as my other bikes but i keep geeting back ache so want to try some salsa moto bars and maybe some sus forks,

just want to hear if anyone else has made the change and how it felt,
    what length stem,what forks 100/80mm
    and any reviews on flat bars.

weekend warrior

Wintery pic

I've posted this before on another thread, my Swift SS after some winter fun

And this is the same frame in a previous life:

Enjoy!!
    Common sense was never common

jrm
    mtbr member

The Kites

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Nation

I now have a hankering for a Swift with a Lefty... Or should I wait for the new Kite cross bike?
    are real nice. i wonder when theyll be avail
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

mtbr member
    DSCF1809

DSCF1855

DSCF1868

Now fitted with the flat Jones copy bars. Should use it more, but am always on the Reign...

Big wheels keep on rollin

dark swift is nice

I like the dark color on that bike. I just got a Gryphon, planning on going dark with it too.

mtbr member

I've been interested in buying a Singular for a long time due to the geometry and generous head-tube length, but can't now seem to find the company's US site. Can someone help a brother out and forward the link?

Also, is there any reason to be scared of the eccentric? Does it creak? Any other weak links? Are the tubes prepped with frame saver?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredbadams
    I've been interested in buying a Singular for a long time due to the geometry and generous head-tube length, but can't now seem to find the company's US site. Can someone help a brother out and forward the link?

Also, is there any reason to be scared of the eccentric? Does it creak? Any other weak links? Are the tubes prepped with frame saver?

Thanks!
    Marty is the US dealer. No US site.
    http://theprairiepeddler.blogspot.com/
    No issues with the eccentric. Like any EBB they enjoy it when you use a torque wrench to adjust. You must prep your own frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lock71
    great pics guys,

ive been running mine with drop bars and love it,i can ride nearly everything the same as my other bikes but i keep geeting back ache so want to try some salsa moto bars and maybe some sus forks,

just want to hear if anyone else has made the change and how it felt,
    what length stem,what forks 100/80mm
    and any reviews on flat bars.
    I'm running flat bars (w/ Ergon's w/ bar ends) and a 100mm 6* stem - just switched from a Monkey-lite lo-rise which had a flipped 6* stem, and it seems pretty darn comfy... I may take a small spacer out just to drop it a few mm.

As for fork - I've got a Fox F29 at 100mm and the bike is a dream! I rode rigid on a few bikes - and even this one for a bit - but I'm 45 years old and I can do more with the Fox and ride much longer ...

Good luck!
    S

CB2
    Jam Econo
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmucker
    Marty is the US dealer. No US site.
    http://theprairiepeddler.blogspot.com/
    No issues with the eccentric. Like any EBB they enjoy it when you use a torque wrench to adjust. You must prep your own frame.
    They come faced, chased and treated with Framesaver, or at least they did when I got mine.

Harmonius Wrench
    Love this bike! Bought the frame and fork and have had zero issues with the EBB or any other aspect of this frame and fork.

Shown as I had it set up for the Gravel World Championships in Lincoln, Nebraska Saturday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Singular photos: Post here!-gravelworlds-033.jpg  

mtbr member

Thanks! The link to the US dealer (Prairie Peddler) on the UK site is busted.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CB2
    They come faced, chased and treated with Framesaver, or at least they did when I got mine.
    Oh yeah... that's right, mine was framesavered. They even say that they are on their site.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Here's my Swift in its second incarnation as a singlespeeder, its about to undergo another rebuild with an Alfine set up in mind.

mtbr member
    Excellent thread! Mine's still a work in progress. Hopefully I'll be able to build her up in the next week or so. mmmmm...

slower than you

A Gryphon build you don't see often...

Tried Midges, then tried Woodchippers. Liked it at first but grew to really hate drops, but that wasn't the Gryphon's fault. For giggles I put some wide Salsa flat bars on and instantly fell in love with this bike. It's faster than I am for sure. And the EBB? It just works. Never slips, never creaks, doesn't need any voodoo like my Biocentrics.

I've seen it mentioned before that Singular forks are fantastic and it's true - I don't know what magic fairy dust they sprinkle on these things but whatever it is, it's good stuff.

Dog is my copilot

Witty McWitterson
    Cool! I like some of the set ups here. I've been happy with mine, but then I 'should' be, right?

The first batch are shots customers have sent over. Mine soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Singular photos: Post here!-sing2.jpg  

Singular photos: Post here!-utah.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images
    Just a regular guy.

Witty McWitterson
    and some of my personal stash.
    The Gryphon. Set now with Woochippers, and I like them better. Still not totally sure about the drop bar thing though...at least for racing.
    DSC_0514

The Kite. Really like it, and its become my main road bike. Production versions should be available by December or so. Not in time for the season, unfortunately. I'll need to have a fund raising sale to get them in though. I now have some FSA bars, and matching pink housing on it, but other wise, the same.

Carbon fork.

Couple versions of the Peregrine. First set up was a flat bar, old school mtb style. Worked and rode well like this. Kinda like an old Bridgestone MB-1.
    Singular Peregrine
    Then went to SS and woodchippers. AWESOME gravel grinder like this.
    SIngular Peregrine
    And the next set up is an Alfine with a Jtek bar end shifter for winter abuse, touring simplicity. No shots of this yet as its not complete.

a Large Swift I have set up as a demo bike.
    Large Swift Demo bike
    Yep, those are Stouts on the bike. They fit just fine thank you very much.
    Large Swift Demo bike
    Moar later, I guess. Time to go to work!
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Here is mine. Lovely ride.

Last week:

Last winter:

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast