Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    oooh, finally a good one of the Pegasus I had on the Nevi stand out at Eurobike.

Pic thanks to singlestoph, full build list here. 16lbs of fun :-)

Currently have an excess M Pegasus with ebb and cable guides available, if anyone's keen drop me a line. Otherwise the next run will be happening in mid-October for late November delivery.
    Yes - I do own Singular Cycles

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Change the M to L and I'm on it at once!

LarsB

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Hummingbird on the wing.

Just pretend you can't see the little wheel at the back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Singular photos: Post here!-4079502068_c05b4540df_b.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Singular
    Getting the correct colour match for the carbon fork is tricky as I really want to continue to use a powder coat for the frame, and obviously you can't powder coat carbon
    accepting suggestions? what about a clearcoat "tint" over carbon weave?
    if for example, the frame is a metallic blue, a blue clear over the carbon will make the fork play with the frame.
    kind of the same way brushed ti and polished ti play off each other
    If steel is real then aluminium is supercallafragiliniun!

mtbr member
    One Swift in South of France (Cannes) :

Homebrewed components for chain ring and cog (29 * 18) with RS7 Middelburn, and full half-link chain. Special thanks to Simon from Singular and Jelle from Singlepseed.nl.

Mako from South of France

ballbuster

Purdy!

Quote Originally Posted by mako06
    One Swift in South of France (Cannes) :

*buncha pix*

I like the red against the blue frame. Very nice!

mtbr member

2nd rig

SOrry for spoiling your post, my bad.
    Last edited by crankspd; 09-14-2010 at 03:13 PM.

ballbuster

Nice Specialized...

Quote Originally Posted by crankspd
    [IMG="http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb460/bobphmac/IMG00137-20100719-1652.jpg"]http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb460/bobphmac/IMG00137-20100719-1652.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG="http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb460/bobphmac/Sp29er-4.jpg"]http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb460/bobphmac/Sp29er-4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG="http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb460/bobphmac/Spec29er-5.jpg"]http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb460/bobphmac/Spec29er-5.jpg[/IMG]

This is my 2nd 29er. Only those who have ridden 3" inches higher know the joy of going over obstacles, down drops and through the sand in style.

Notice the cool replaceable derailleur hanger that lets you go SS or geared.

I'm also really spoiled with the Kind Shock dropping seatpost.

.... Singlespeed... but not Singular.

S'oaky..... Nice bike... go ride it lots.
    Last edited by pimpbot; 09-14-2010 at 12:34 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crankspd

This is my 2nd 29er. Only those who have ridden 3" inches higher know the joy of going over obstacles, down drops and through the sand in style.

Notice the cool replaceable derailleur hanger that lets you go SS or geared.

I'm also really spoiled with the Kind Shock dropping seat post.

The thicker quick release gives you peace of mind.
    I have to say that is the worst looking Singular I've ever seen ;-)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot
    I like the red against the blue frame. Very nice!
    Yes, options, decisions. Red, black, silver? Can't really decide about red kings, silver kings or the silver Hügi is the right hub for the frame. So please help and keep in mind, if it fits it will change frame material soon. So here's another poor mans Pegasus from germany.

mtbr member
    silver kings

Witty McWitterson
    a sample of the bikes I had at Gnome Fest for demo rides. At one point, all the bikes were out. It was awesome! Next stop for the rolling Singular Demo fleet is the Brown County Breakdown near Bloomington IN. on Oct. 8/9.
    GF7-5
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Martini~ You should have taken a Singular group picture at Gnome Fest. I think there was a pretty good showing.

Witty McWitterson
    Your right! There was indeed a good showing.
    Just a regular guy.

c_klein87
    Sam are Singular going to be at the london cycleshow? interested in the Pegasus

ballbuster

OMG, dude....

Quote Originally Posted by Lhafty
    Yes, options, decisions. Red, black, silver? Can't really decide about red kings, silver kings or the silver Hügi is the right hub for the frame. So please help and keep in mind, if it fits it will change frame material soon. So here's another poor mans Pegasus from germany.

That silver KILLS! Do that!

Oh man... you make me wanna go home and EZ-Off and polish my Titec H-Bar back to silver.
    Last edited by pimpbot; 09-14-2010 at 02:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by c_klein87
    Sam are Singular going to be at the london cycleshow? interested in the Pegasus
    I don't have a stand this year but there will be a Pegasus on the USE/Exposure stand. I will be there on the trade day.

30-ton War Machine
    are the steel Singular's pretty rigid laterally? I am riding a VooDoo right now and it flexes a heap. How about the paint quality on Singular's? Do they hold up pretty well?
    Looking to capitalize on Marty's sale right now and I need an answer

Really I am that slow
    Quote Originally Posted by edgerat
    are the steel Singular's pretty rigid laterally? I am riding a VooDoo right now and it flexes a heap. How about the paint quality on Singular's? Do they hold up pretty well?
    paint/finish has held up well with the 2 k of miles i've put on my gryphon... seems to have a great feel.... flexy but not to much... a great steel ride.... i'm about 200lbs
    Read my BLOG!

Nipple twister and bike builder at Borealis

http://www.borealisbikes.com/

Witty McWitterson
    I've not gotten any undue flex out of mine. Gryphon, Peregrine, Swift, they're all nice solid rides laterally.
    Just a regular guy.

ballbuster

Only two rides on mine...

Quote Originally Posted by edgerat
    ... but I have not noticed any lateral flex, or axial flex (unlike some other 29er steel bikes I have ridden) but the ride is nice and buttery. Then again, all I have to realistically compare it to is my MC29er... the only other steel mountain bike I have owned in the last 20 years.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Stiffer then Mary

Compared to my Haro Mary the Singular Swift is quite a bit stiffer. I set up both the Mary and the Swift with the same 1x9 drivetrain. The Mary would drop the chain or phatom shift when peddeling hard out of corners or going from unweighted to weighted. I couldn't ride that bike with out a chain guide. Not an issue with the Swift. Now I wish I had a rear hub that engaged faster. I think everyone that rides with me would also agree that I am faster on my Swift then I was on Mary.

JJN
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Another Swift (this is the former Single Speed version)

Yes, it is versatile

Geared 3 x 9 (I bought it this way and rode a few months of local trails and one longer enduro event this way)

Fully rigid Single Speed

I also had it as a suspended single speed - very good. Just couldn't find a pic now (will post later if I found one).

This summer I rode a lot of AM 26" FS again and got a bit spoiled (too comfortable), and now I wanted to try this set-up with the Singular. Fully rigid, fixed gear, alt bars and 45mm Panaracer Firecross tires. This is going to be my winter commuter and/or "monster cross" type bike! Lovin' it already. Not sure if I am ever going to hit the technical trails with the direct drive though..heh. But it flies on the gravel roads and smooth trails.

ballbuster
    Update:

100mm Reba works great for me! I had it set to 80mm and stretched it out. No real loss in nimbleness. I tried this on my Monocog29er and it was not happy. Front end got all floppy in the turns. It tracked weird. No such issues here.

I just scored another set of 180mm XTRs with a 5 arm compact spider. Once I sell a few more parts from the bin, I'm going to put together a gear and brake set I can just slap on and have a sweet geared hardtial as needed. Winter is coming up soon, and I don't really wanna take out the RacerX29er in the slop.

Has anybody tried using a front derailleur on this frame? There is a cable stop on the bottom of the BB shell, but it seems to be tucked too far under to keep the cable from sawing into the shell. It's also awfully hard to find a derailleur clamp shim for 30.0mm, but I can figure something out.

mtbr member
    since my last post quite early in this thread, i have been getting in a few rides on my swift ...

what i found with mine is that i seemed to be sitting too far back and the front end was very light and it would understeer in anything loose especially at speed ... lining it up with my el mariachi i see the seat tube is a bit more relaxed in comparison, so i moved the seat forward about 1cm [no setback seatpost] and replaced the test 110mm stem with a 120mm one, and dropped it by 5mm ... stem is inverted and with the wide flat bars it rides really nice now, much more stable ...

currently it is setup with small block 8 tyres, 1x9 [32x36-12] and it seems to go much faster than the other two 29ers i have ... even the guys i go out biking with are grumbling now ...

new photos coming soon ...
    "old enough to know better. too old to care."

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast