Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
    mtbr member
    ^ do you have the woodchipper yet?

I ask, because I'm one of its not-fans. Midge/Junebug or Gary Sweep OS (my personal fave) both work much better for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by newfangled View Post
    ^ do you have the woodchipper yet?

I ask, because I'm one of its not-fans. Midge/Junebug or Gary Sweep OS (my personal fave) both work much better for me.
    It's on order, I've heard nothing but good things about the setup. The bars you mentioned look pretty much the same...what's the difference???

mtbr member
    Guitar Ted has written a ton of stuff about offroad drops over the years:

Guitar Ted Productions: Off Road Drop Bar Comparison
    Guitar Ted Productions: Off Road Drop Bars 101: Why Radius Matters

I used my woodchipper for about a year, and it was ok. But I spent that time constantly tweaking it, trying to get it to be better than okay (to the point that I've tracked my million slightly different setups in photos). Right now it's in the parts bin, although every few months I'll pull it out and give it another try, only to decide nope.

In comparison, my other two dirtdrops have been set-it-and-forget it - basically super comfy right from the start.

I only mention it, because on the fargo thread there are occasionally people who say they "never got along with dropbars" on their fargo. And I often think that might be because the woodchipper is just a really odd bar. It can certainly work, but the other two dirtdrops I've got just feel a lot more natural and intuitive.

mtbr member
    THX for the input!!! This will be my first dirtdrop and I'm looking for forward to the numerous hand positions it'll provide. The price is right on the bars you mentioned so if it doesn't work out I now know there are other options.

BTW, some kewl pics you have there...

mtbr member
    Yeah, not to say that the woodchipper is unusable, because some people obviously like it. But I had it on my gryphon for 6 months, and only fell in love with that bike once I switched to a different drop.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11