mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Singular Pegasus - Ti prototype first pics

Lots of new stuff arriving at the moment, the ones I've been most excited about are the first protos of the Pegasus frame. Geometry is basically the same as the Swift. This is a large size and bare frame weight is 1550g. Made in Taiwan - I hope to have a small production run before the end of the year.

Sam
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Yes - I do own Singular Cycles

Harmonius Wrench
    Nice, clean looking rig. Well done.

And, curiously not made by Lynskey.......

2006 sswc RockStar
    Dec 2006
    that looks awesome Sam, loving the green lettering and pin-striping......

doesn't look like an EBB shell, are you using a 1/2 link?

whats the RRP gonna be, and i thought you would have been at SITS this weekend?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    It looks even better in the metal... should have mine built by next weekend.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    No ebb - it's a standard shell in these samples. Using a Trickstuff Exzentricker to tension the chain. Adam will attest to significant amounts of swearing upon discovering neither of our fancy polished XTR cranks would work with the Exzentriker... So after taking the angle grinder to the RFs they clear - just...

No SITS I'm afraid, just too much else on at the moment.

RRP as yet undetermined, probably in the 800-900 GBP range.

2006 sswc RockStar
    Dec 2006
    get a medium geared sample in for me to "test" at the rest of the NPS's and D2D for you ..............;0)

anyone else smell that?
    disgusting photos.

maybe it's better in person. please send me one to see.
    1. Your signature can not be longer than 125 characters.

Expert Crasher
    ooooh, nice. Singular - you guys are on a roll - awesome work! I like the green/white panels too - just begging for some green bits and green I-9s
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member

Good job! Niiice

All it's missing is a Fox F29,

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Noooh needs a truss!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    A truss?!? I may be getting a bit older, but it's not quite time for that yet... Will be trying a Fox on it shortly, at 100mm they should work really nicely with our geometry.

Adam has a green king headset on his which looks nice. We'll probably offer a choice of decal colours when these go into production.

Trev, it'd be another six months I'm afraid, you'll just have to wait for production frames....

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Sam

mtbr member
    Sam that's just lovely!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Singular
    A truss?!? I may be getting a bit older, but it's not quite time for that yet...
    He he! Thought you would knock something funny back to that. Great looking bike and good to see so close to home.....post up when you have a demo available!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    A short update with a few pics and a bit of a ride report. I've now had a few good rides on this frame with both a rigid fork and suspended (old Reba). There were no great surprises in the handling as the geometry is just the same as on the Swift, however the difference in frame material is quite noticeable. In fact, it is quite a nice experiment to ride this back to back against a similarly set up Swift for those who don't feel there's that great a difference in ride between steel and Ti. The loss of weight (near on a couple of pounds in the frame) is nice, but it's that lively, springy feeling which is so nice. Despite that spring it also feels very solid under pedalling and isn't 'noodle-y' at all. Overall I'm really pleased with how they've turned out and will be ordering a production batch shortly once a couple of minor changes are ironed out.

Sorry about the dust, had to have some memento from California...

Sam

The Dog.
    I wonder how Campy would feel about those cranks seeing both MTB AND Singlespeed duty! LOL!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLightGo
    ooooh, nice. Singular - you guys are on a roll - awesome work! I like the green/white panels too - just begging for some green bits and green I-9s
    Great minds think a-like.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogdude222
    I wonder how Campy would feel about those cranks seeing both MTB AND Singlespeed duty! LOL!

Nice catch.

What ring are you using on there, Sam? I know that the "110 bcd" cranks actually have one wierd arm to force you to use campy rings.

PeT
    Occasionally engagedů
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogdude222
    I looked long and hard for a stock 29er frame that would accept a road crank to use as my SS. I ended up with a custom Black Sheep, which I love, but it seems a Swift (or Pegasus) would have done the job. Not a lot of stock frames are built to deal with the narrow Q-factor of a road crank (chainstays interfere with crankarm and/or spider), but for me the effort and expense to have that work has proven to be well worth it...
    "The plural of anecdote is not data." -- Attributed to various people in a variety of forms, but always worth remembering...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    On the road cranks, yes I love the narrow Q. However it is *very* close. It should really have slightly wider cranks to be ideal. It's a standard Campag compact inner, 34T. The chainring bolts are in the wrong way around so that they don't hit the chainstay. I was kind of forced into using these cranks as they were all I had that would work. The Exzentricker is quite fussy as to which cranks it wants to work with. Adam now has some Shimanos on his and it's working well, not so tight on the chainstays as the ultratorques. PeT, the standard Swifts I have used with road compact doubles. With the right length BB (if using square taper) they're fine, if an external then it gets a bit tight. Some manipulation of the crimper has been known to be required...

mtbr member
    What price range are we looking at and will there be hardware to make it fully geared? I just hope there is a distributor for the US.