mtbr member

Sette Razzo SC or On-One lurcher (frame only)

anybody have experience on both?

Sette
    Sette Razzo SC 29er Carbon Hardtail Frame - Gloss Black w/ Tungsten Silver at Price Point

On-One
    On-One Lurcher Carbon Hardtail 29er Frame

similar frames, kicker is that Sette is more expensive but has 5 year warranty versus the On-One's 2 year warranty. i'm 213 lbs so it could be important

mtbr member
    I can only speak for Sette and their customer service. I purchased a Sette Razzo Carbon 29er one year ago. About 6 months ago I had a freakish incident where a rock was kicked up and wedged between my rotating rear wheel and the chain stay, compromising the frame. One call, one email, and 10 days later I had a new frame at my front door. I also owned the aluminum version of the Razzo and had no problems, other than the frame being one size too small.
    I you don't want to be criticized...say nothing, do nothing....be nothing.

mtbr member
    thanks for the info. it is very tempting considering the warranty, also my MRP 1x won't work on the on-one because it's got a direct mount FD. also i like the sette better aesthetically.

mtbr member
    The On One Lurcher is pretty new so getting a lot of feedback on it will be a challenge.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    yeah i'm just gonna wait until i have a couple extra bucks and jump on the sette. though another thing i really like about the lurcher is that it has the swap out RD hangers. (if i ever wanted to go SS)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4runner View Post
    yeah i'm just gonna wait until i have a couple extra bucks and jump on the sette. though another thing i really like about the lurcher is that it has the swap out RD hangers. (if i ever wanted to go SS)
    That's one of the things that sold me on an On One Scandal last Dec. I also like being able to run a dropper post.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    yeah that's cool too. i don't really have a need for the dropper in south florida lol.

Trail Junkie
    Dude, the carbon is only going to be somewhat more comfortable than your Scott. Have you looked into Ti or Steel?
    Santa Cruz Tallboy c
    Lynskey Pro29 SS
    Cervelo S2
    Spech Tricross Exp
    Raleigh Rx1.0
    Misfit diSSent

Fut. Bikes:
    Soma ES

mtbr member
    Actually I've started tossing around the idea of a fs frame like the SC super light or salsa spearfish but that of course just adds to the confusion lol.

empty beer member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4runner View Post
    Actually I've started tossing around the idea of a fs frame like the SC super light or salsa spearfish but that of course just adds to the confusion lol.
    That should clear up the confusion. Get the spearfish!

mtbr member
    yet MORE expensive lol but i'm thinking it'd be a great choice, i'm just not too eager to add 2 lbs to my bike (then again the rear squish would probably help me make it up in lap times)

i did manage to find a picture of a spearfish frame XL (my size) on a scale. 5.77 lbs. i'd imagine my XL scale weighs 4 lbs at least. no?