mtbr member

Sette Razzo compares to other 29ers

You can say I'm pretty set on getting the Sette Razzo. I'm really impressed by the specs and the reasonable price they are offered for $1200.

Aside from Motobecanes, are there any 29ers out there that are in the $1200 price bracket that compare to the Razzo in terms of specs?

In terms of geometry and frame quality, has anyone riden the Razzo and other 29ers to tell us how they compare to other bikes out there?

mtbr member
    Not that I have seen.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I got my Scott Scale 29er for $1350. A little more than the Razzo and not quite as nice of a component spec, but I've been really happy with it.

Dual Squishy...
    RockHopper 29er is sub-$1000. Components aren't anything to shout about, but a good entry point into the 29er world...

mtbr member
    ^^so basically no is the answer from the 2 of you. Only Bikes that are close are there 29er's on Bikes Direct.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    i have read a couple of reviews on the 26" sette that said it was a good frame as long as you stayed off of the gnarly stuff cuz it has a tendency to break! Now, i am not sure about what those guys define a s gnarly, but you are right that the sette is hard to beat at that "pricepoint" (pun intended)! I have thought about building one up as a racer just beecause the frame is so damn cheap! I would buy the sette as a built bike and if you snap the frame, upgrade your frame off off the classifieds on this site.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ridelikeafatkid
    i have read a couple of reviews on the 26" sette that said it was a good frame as long as you stayed off of the gnarly stuff cuz it has a tendency to break! Now, i am not sure about what those guys define a s gnarly, but you are right that the sette is hard to beat at that "pricepoint" (pun intended)! I have thought about building one up as a racer just beecause the frame is so damn cheap! I would buy the sette as a built bike and if you snap the frame, upgrade your frame off off the classifieds on this site.
    Where are these reviews that say they have a tendency to break? Dict already owns a Sette, a Flite to be exact.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    On paper the Sette Razzo looks like a great deal.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Just want to make certain you know about the Sette forum down below..good stuff there from actual owners.
    I like big bars and I cannot lie

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimx200
    Just want to make certain you know about the Sette forum down below..good stuff there from actual owners.
    Thanks I'm aware of that. I already own a Sette FS

Since the Razzo is a 29er, this is a good forum for it also.

Mr. Lurker
    I picked up a Sette Razzo frame on ebay for $100. I'm going to build it up with XT components. Should be done in a couple of months.
    I'm not too worried, not going to ride it real hard.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Polishdog
    I picked up a Sette Razzo frame on ebay for $100. I'm going to build it up with XT components. Should be done in a couple of months.
    I'm not too worried, not going to ride it real hard.
    Have you estimated how much the build is going to cost you?

Mr. Lurker
    I'm going to try and keep it a budget build, mostly stuff off ebay. I already have a few components.
    Wheelset $250.00
    crankset $ 200.00
    derraileurs $150.00

most f the other stuff I already have.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    "Where are these reviews that say they have a tendency to break? Dict already owns a Sette, a Flite to be exact."
    on the pricepoint website is where i saw the reviews of the frame...BUT as i also said, i am thinking of getting one of the 29" frames as a "cheap" way to get a race bike as my 29er is way too heavy for the races here in TX (probably too much bike for the trails here in Texas too!).
    IMHO aluminum hardtails are not designed for drops of over 3 feet anyway, so the mfg of the frame is not too blame if you are hucking off of huge drops and you snap the frame! Most frames are made in the same 3 or 4 factories in Taiwan anyway so the quality of the welds should invariably be close regardless of the name on the frame. the difference is the angles, quality of the aluminum, and quality of the cuts made to the aluminum.
    again, IMHO...

mtbr member
    All the reviews I have read about the razzo have been very positive. For the price I dont think it can be beat. I can't believe anyone compared it to the rockhopper.... lol
    SS Rigid =
    Quote Originally Posted by gjenkins@
    There is no distraction. You only hear the sound of your breath and the crunch of the wheels across the dirt.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Razzo is a solid frame. I'm close to 200 and I beat the crap out of bikes. I setup my Razzo as a SS and it's been fantastic. All my other bikes feel like they don't fit me right after I've been riding the razzo.

Never trust a fart
    The Fuji Tahoe SL is spec'd almost identical and is around the same price - not retail pricing - but Performance pricing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by frdfandc
    The Fuji Tahoe SL is spec'd almost identical and is around the same price - not retail pricing - but Performance pricing.
    Link?

I couldn't find it on the Performance website. Like the specs of the bike though.

Edit: Been reading reviews from Tahoe SL owners. It seems like the BB is pretty low on those and the bike comes at 29.35lbs for the Large frame. Heavier than I would like.
    Last edited by Dictatorsaurus; 03-27-2010 at 04:41 PM.

Never trust a fart
    The 2010 are not on their website yet. The 2009's were going for around $1300 last year.

The bikes are a tad heavy, but its all in the wheels. WTB rims on Fuji (Formula) branded hubs.

I have a Tahoe Pro that I built up over Christmas. Only difference between mine and an OEM Tahoe Pro spec bike is the brakes - Juicy 7's instead of Juicy 3's - crank - SLX instead of the Truvativ - and wheels - Shimano XT 29r with Geax Barro Race's.

Mine scales at 26.3 lbs. As far as BB height, I haven't had any strike issues yet.

mtbr member
    The 2010 are not on their website yet. The 2009's were going for around $1300 last year.

The bikes are a tad heavy, but its all in the wheels. WTB rims on Fuji (Formula) branded hubs.

I have a Tahoe Pro that I built up over Christmas. Only difference between mine and an OEM Tahoe Pro spec bike is the brakes - Juicy 7's instead of Juicy 3's - crank - SLX instead of the Truvativ - and wheels - Shimano XT 29r with Geax Barro Race's.

Mine scales at 26.3 lbs. As far as BB height, I haven't had any strike issues yet.
    Can you measure the height from the ground to the middle of your BB?

Never trust a fart
    Mine measures in at 11 3/4". Fuji's website states a 306.9mm measurement, which is 12.1 inches.

I think the reason for mine being lower is tire selection. I'm running a minimal tread race tire.

I don't know why I haven't had any BB strikes yet, maybe its my riding style. Who knows.

mtbr member
    Mine measures in at 11 3/4". Fuji's website states a 306.9mm measurement, which is 12.1 inches.

I think the reason for mine being lower is tire selection. I'm running a minimal tread race tire.

I don't know why I haven't had any BB strikes yet, maybe its my riding style. Who knows.
    My Flite BB height is 13 3/4". Although its a FS and not a 29er, that's still a significant difference.

I'm impressed you're not banging up your BB.

Never trust a fart
    That makes 2 of us.