You know, for kids

SE Racing PK Ripper 29er

it'd be sweet if these custom 29" PK Ripper BMX looptail frames made it to production.

"If you saw the "Rob & Big" show on MTV 2/19/08, then you were sure to see the huge PK Ripper Looptails that we made for Rob & Big & their crew. Were you wondering just how BIG those bikes were? These were gigantic PK Rippers built up with 29" wheels. That's right; we made some custom 29" wheeled PK Ripper Looptails! These are the first 29" BMX bikes to have ever been made. And the guys rode the heck out of them!"

SE is already building a pretty good 29'er for the money, the Stout
    disclaimer: I sell and repair bicycles

workin' it Administrator
    that's funny the 20" looks like a 16" bike. It took me a minute for my mind to re-associate the size of the 29er PK. Cool stuff!
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Scott Quiring built a 29" Kappa 2 years ago.

Interlectchewal
    Quote Originally Posted by number2
    Scott Quiring built a 29" Kappa 2 years ago.
    Scott Hice or Scott Quiring? Did Scott Quiring built it for Scott Hice of Kappa?

Bike Nutt
    Hah! I actually had one of the original BMX 20" SE Racing PK Rippers back in the day. Built it from the frame up with all the goodies...Redline V-bars, Tuf-Neck stem, Blue Anodized Araya rims, Snakebelly tires, one of those terribly uncomfortable Kashimax seats with the integrated seat post...can't remember all the rest. I sold it when I got my driver's license because it wasn't cool to ride bikes anymore....who would have thought!!!! Now I have 4 bikes and ride as much as I can. Thanks for the cool flashback!!

Schipperkes are cool.
    I saw that show with them riding the bikes, so funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

mtbr member
    That would be great if SE would build up a PK 29", I bet they would sell quite a few of them and you would see them all over BMX tracks everywhere.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

PK Ripper Production Model

Well this Ripper I have had for a few months so thought I would post it, fine ride in my humble opinion, hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoy the bike, also have a 08 Stout and 05 BM Flyer, SE kicks butt, especially for the green output..................
    Attached Images Attached Images

You know, for kids
    Still thinking I may eventually pick up one of these, seems like an alright deal, the choice of tires on it kina sucks, though. They should have put some Halo Twin Rails or Kenda SB8s on it, Big Apples would be nice but would raise the price a little.
    disclaimer: I sell and repair bicycles

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tvrbob86
    Scott Hice or Scott Quiring? Did Scott Quiring built it for Scott Hice of Kappa?
    I'm pretty sure that Scott Hice (Kappa) had Scott Quiring (Quiring) do the Kappa frames for him.

If you look real close on the Quiring site, you can see a batch of Kappa looptails in the background of the "About Us" page. Unfortunately, Kappa closed up shop this year. Bummer, it was killer stuff.

http://www.quiringcycles.net/about.htm

http://www.kappabmx.com/

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    All three of them have Nano Raptors on them, put them on the BM Flyer but didn't know I would be later swamped with them, there is more of a selection now in tires but still somewhat limited. They work ok for where I am in N Nevada, Big Apples were $120 plus change when I looked a few years ago, don't imagine they went down any and have Holy Rollers on my 26' Rockhopper, my only geared bike

mtbr member
    OMG! I used to have an SE PK Ripper! Built it up from scratch! (the 20" BMX, not the biggie)

Ride,Smile, Pedal Damn it
    WOW, That's really bad ass. PK Ripper was THE bike to have. As a kid I could never afford a PK Ripper with Landing gear fork ,ect... I"m in middle of building a Niner 1x?. If i like the ''coolaid" i'll order and get my PK FINALLY, after 30yrs? I can't wait. I'm still a 12yr old with ID that says i""m 43 yr.

mtbr member
    That brings back memories. I had one when i was a kid. I had the only one in the area. Such a cool bike

mtbr member
    Heres mine all upgraded except for wheels