Thread: Scott Spark 960

mtbr member
    May 2013

Scott Spark 960

Anybody have any experience with the Spark 960. I just picked one up and was curious what others thought.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I demo`d a 940 and I was getting a lot of pedal strikes with platform pedals. Other than that I liked the bike. It was a large and I'm 6ft and 192 lbs.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Well I've been out of the game for 10+ years so this bike is quite impressive by my standards. I put 10 miles or so on it the past 4 days and I feel at one with it. It absorbs the bumps awesome and rolls very easy. I feel like I've been riding all along.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I liked the bike also that was the only thing I found that I didn't like. New bikes are awesome!! Enjoy it and welcome back to the mtn bike scene!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Fenwayrick,

I too was off mt. bikes for a long while, about 6 or 7 years. I just pick up a 2013 960 from my LBS at a great closeout deal. I've ridden it about 4 miles today. Got dark, and don't have lights for it yet! Its my first big wheel bike. Not too sure about the 29s but....Also, it would have been nice if it came with the Twinloc, but the 950 was a ton more cash! I just wanted a full suspension bike to see if I can ride again.
    How's yours holding up now that you've had it for a while?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quick update:

Took my new Spark 960 for its first real ride. Gota say the rear suspension is pretty great! Went down some stairs and the bike just soaked them up. Climbs nicely in the lose gravel too, much better than my expectations!

The only negative I can see is that the front fork is heavy and under sprung for my weight. I'm ordering a heavier spring. Oh and the saddle has got to go, but that is more of a personal thing.

All and all, for the price, its a fantastic bike.