mtbr member

SC Tallboy + Fox 32 Talas Terralogic or Talas RLC

My Tallboy is currently being build and I have a last question to ask you guys.
    2012 120mm Talas Fit Terralogic or Talas RLC Fit 29er Fork?
    Price would be the same.
    Both use the same travel: 3.7 inches / 95 mm and 4.7 inches / 120 mm
    Talas Terralogic: 4.12 lb / 1.87 kg (1.5" taper steerer)
    Talas RLC: 3.91 lb / 1.77 kg (1.5" taper steerer)
    Last edited by jazzanova; 07-17-2011 at 09:46 AM.

bike weenie
    I haven't had a terralogic fork on my tallboy, and it's been a couple years since I rode one - but I'd say go with the Talas. I find the tallboy rear susp to be very plush, and am not sure the terralogic would be a good match.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Pretty sure he's talking about one fork.....The 32 Talas 29 comes in two models...Terralogic and RLC.... I haven't owned either one but I've been wondering the same thing for my future Tallboy...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I have the non terralogic talus on my TB and I really like it, but I also like fiddling with the options. The owner of the shop has a terralogic and he doesn't like fiddling with the options, so it seems to be the fork for those who don't want to mess with compression, rebound, and such. Both are great forks, and I really like the ability to switch from 95 to 120, although it would be nice to have a bar mount so I didn't have to reach down. I'm being lazy. Good luck with the decision.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I'm running Talas on my TB and love the height switch ability when it comes to climbing long technical XC trails. I've got about 550 miles on the fork and bike which I picked up at the end of March this year. As a preventative measure, I followed the Fox service plan and had new seals and oil swapped out a couple weeks ago. The wrench that did the work said that evything seems to be holding up nicely.
    Sometimes, I find myself wondering if the magic suspension number for the TB is 110mm travel up front. I enjoy the 120mm for fast technical descents and sometimes can leave the fork at 120mm for easy ascents.

Cheers,
    Mike

Village Dirtbag
    Unless you're someone who likes to push a big gear, stand and hammer, sprint a lot, or race, I'd get the non-Terralogic (and DID, on my Tallboy). Terralogic is pretty good now days, but it still isn't as smooth (otherwise there wouldn't need to be a threshold adjuster), and is one more thing to go wrong.

If you're a racer or like to stand and hammer a lot, it might be nice. The best race stuff isn't always the best trail stuff.

mtbr member
    I got the 2012 Talas RLC on my Tallboy and I'm really liking it. Haven't tried a Terralogic so I can't comment on that but I agree with adam above. If you stand and hammer a lot, maybe the Terralogic is the better fork for you. I do 99% of my climbing sitting down and there is minimal bob on the RLC. You can also lock it out pretty quick for long smooth climbs. The adjustable travel is very nice. I climb at 95 then 120 for the descents. The Tallboy is an awesome do-it-all bike. I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever fork you choose.
    If you ever see a turtle on a telephone pole, remember he had help getting there. Is there anything beer can't do?

Bikes!
    I have just taken a Terralogic Talas 140/110 off my Nickel and swapped it for a Float 140 RLC. I'd say that Terralogic works best on hardtails really. I have since moved it on to my Orange P7 and it seems to suit it very well indeed.

I know that my experience of Terralogic is on 26" wheels but I think this is relevant to any size wheel so I hope it helps.
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite

mtbr member
    I recently installed aTALAS Terralogic on my TB, and can't imagine not having it. I can stand up at any point on the ride for a little burst of power, and the front end doesn't budge. It's also nice to be able to stand on long fireroad climbs without having to flip a lockout lever first. The other thing I noticed is that it seems to prevent the front end from diving on steep downhills. Since the TL has a 14-point adjustment, you can run basically turn it off if you don't need it. Here is a pretty good review of the TL fork: http://www.dirtragmag.com/node/25268