mtbr member
    May 2017

Santa Cruz Chameleon or Kona Honzo AL/DL

Anyone have any advice regarding these two bikes? I'm having a tough time deciding.

mtbr member
    I like them both (don't own either), but I prefer the threaded BB of the Chameleon vs the pf BB of the Honzo...
    "Caught my first tube this morning....sir!"

Yeet so hard
    The honzo rips so hard. Haven't been on the Chameleon.

Also check out the Guerrilla Gravity Pedalhead. It's dope.
    Guerrilla Gravity BAMF
    Smash

fnInt(1/x^2,x,0,1)

I have ridden both of them, and I think they both ride well. You cannot go wrong with either one. And when I say Iíve ridden both, Iíve ridden the Honzo in steel, aluminum, and carbon (and the Chameleon in aluminum only of course).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fleanutz; 12-08-2017 at 05:22 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    I owned a 16' Honzo AL DL and rode the krap out of it for 9 months till I broke the frame. Great bike. Fun. Capable. I've ridden the chameleon and the cockpit feels a bit shorter. I felt more over the front end than on the Honzo. The chameleon felt like it may be a bit more nimble but less stable at speed. Pedaling the Honzo seated took some getting used to due to the steep seat tube angle. Got used to it but it doesn't pedal nor is it nearly as nimble as my 17' Specialized Epic carbon Hardtail. The Epic hardtail is insane. Rode the same chunky stuff today with lots of vert that I'd ride on my Honzo and the Epic was so much faster and quicker handling everywhere except on fast open descents. Tight twisty switchback descents and the 69.8 degree HTA and otherwise awesome geo of the Epic makes it such a fun bike to ride.

Sorry for the slight hijack with the Epic comments. The bike is that good if you like to pedal and ride a variety of terrain.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by HacksawReynolds View Post
    I owned a 16' Honzo AL DL and rode the krap out of it for 9 months till I broke the frame. Great bike. Fun. Capable. I've ridden the chameleon and the cockpit feels a bit shorter. I felt more over the front end than on the Honzo. The chameleon felt like it may be a bit more nimble but less stable at speed. Pedaling the Honzo seated took some getting used to due to the steep seat tube angle. Got used to it but it doesn't pedal nor is it nearly as nimble as my 17' Specialized Epic carbon Hardtail. The Epic hardtail is insane. Rode the same chunky stuff today with lots of vert that I'd ride on my Honzo and the Epic was so much faster and quicker handling everywhere except on fast open descents. Tight twisty switchback descents and the 69.8 degree HTA and otherwise awesome geo of the Epic makes it such a fun bike to ride.

Sorry for the slight hijack with the Epic comments. The bike is that good if you like to pedal and ride a variety of terrain.
    Thank you for the long reply. The Epic Hardtail sounds like a great bike but it is more for XC and I'm looking for a more trail focused bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by HoEsMoen View Post
    Thank you for the long reply. The Epic Hardtail sounds like a great bike but it is more for XC and I'm looking for a more trail focused bike.
    Trail, XC......it's all trail riding. You're most welcome.