Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Mine came with a large dent in the top tube. The packing was styrofoam wrap and it wasn't any more or less than frames that I seen packed in the pass.

I was more disappointed in the paint and the welds. The paint wasn't close to their examples or description. The gloss black/green frame was matte yellow and blue.

I sent the frame back to the shop to wait for the silver frame. When the frame returned to the shop, they took a look at the fame and just gave me a refund without asking or question.

I'm going to wait to see an actual example of the frame before buy a mutant.

mtbr member
    The more I read the more I'm glad I didn't pre-order a Mutant 6-ish months ago. I'd been previously burned by a large bike company on a back-ordered bike and swore then that I'd never order a bike if it wasn't in stock.

I really loved the concept of the RSD Mutant and was very very close to doing a deal with my LBS but that lack of on-hand product had me go a different route.

Maybe one day I'll have one, and for everyone waiting patiently... I know your pain and frustration.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    ttvrdik and mactweek, we are extremely disappointed to have rewarded your
    patience with a sub-par product. Because of unforeseen delays, we were
    eager to ship the bikes out promptly and so not all of them went through
    Quality Control, and some may have been damaged in transit. All of our
    samples and demos came flawless, including those reviewed by DirtRag and
    MBA, and we are all the more frustrated that these delays and flaws have
    come on the heels of positive reviews and wide coverage, from these mags
    to pinkbike.com.
    You may rest assured that your letdown is matched by our own
    embarrassment, and that we have immediately taken action to rectify each
    situation, from replacement frames to your local dealer, to careful
    inspection of each frame that arrives in our modest warehouse.
    It is our hope that each existing and subsequent RSD customer will
    ultimately benefit from the distress of this first batch of bikes to not
    meet our expectations. Please accept our humble apologies, and our vow to
    avoid similar fiascoes in future.
    Sincerely,
    RSD Bikes - Sales - www.rsdbikes.com
    We`re slow at updating our site - facebook

mtbr member
    duplicate

mtbr member
    Has anybody spent any real time on the RSD suspension fork? The MTB Fiction magazine review didn't sound all that promising. I really want to get one fork that'll work for both wheel setups (if I buy this frame....) but don't want to resort to using a dremel tool on the fork arch to make it work.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by neilether View Post
    Has anybody spent any real time on the RSD suspension fork? The MTB Fiction magazine review didn't sound all that promising. I really want to get one fork that'll work for both wheel setups (if I buy this frame....) but don't want to resort to using a dremel tool on the fork arch to make it work.
    Maybe someone from RSD will chime in, but I get the impression that these frames/complete bikes have been delayed by issues. The impression comes from some posts above and news on the RSD Facebook page. My point: you better contact them directly because there may be changes. I haven't heard or seen of anyone riding that fork on an RSD 29+ bike.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    Maybe someone from RSD will chime in, but I get the impression that these frames/complete bikes have been delayed by issues. The impression comes from some posts above and news on the RSD Facebook page. My point: you better contact them directly because there may be changes. I haven't heard or seen of anyone riding that fork on an RSD 29+ bike.
    Interesting. My local shop has one of these frames available right now. It's the really ugly poo brown color, but I'm sure it'd grow on me. I was hoping to get some real world feedback on that fork. Maybe I'll hold off on the frame for a bit until I can get some more information.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by neilether View Post
    Interesting. My local shop has one of these frames available right now. It's the really ugly poo brown color, but I'm sure it'd grow on me. I was hoping to get some real world feedback on that fork. Maybe I'll hold off on the frame for a bit until I can get some more information.

Thanks.
    Did you call RSD directly? That's what I'd do. The frame at your LBS is likely fine, but then you'd have to figure out what fork to use with it. A call to RSD might help.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    News out of Interbike is that RSD is not even offering this suspension fork anymore due to performance issues. I'm glad I didn't buy one. The hunt continues.

Chairman of the Beard
    Did anyone ever get one of these? What do you think? Any pics of them out in the wild?
    The correct number of bikes one should own is N+1, where N is the number of bikes currently owned.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5