Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jnroyal View Post
    (just wish Maxxis would make a 29x3 Ardent!).
    O.M.G. AMEN! Ardent "Race" 29x3.0 would be amazing!

Anybody know anyone at Maxxis? I think this is a category that is going to blow up, and Maxxis would be able to sell a lot of tires.

"The Ardent Race brings many top-tier technical features together into one tire. It has a tubeless-ready bead and a 120tpi sidewall with Maxxis' EXO puncture protection. On top, the rubber is triple compound, offering greater speed and durability in the centre with softer, grippier knobs on the edges."

Maxxis Ardent Race 3C EXO TR 2.2 tire review - BikeRadar

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jnroyal View Post
    Regarding anyone confusing the motorcycle apparel and accessories manufacturer Roland Sands Designs in the US with bicycle manufacturer Rubber Side Down in Canada, I won't argue but would recommend anyone interested do their own research to see what kind of legal precedents exist.

You Can't Turn Bicycles Into Wine: Trek Bicycle's Trademark Lawsuit Against Trek Winery Dismissed | Techdirt
    I changed my mind... Done with this debate...

banned
    Jan 2014
    Always nice to see small builders.

mtbr member
    I've been looking for a high end steel frame (like Reynolds 853), with the excellent stand over clearance that comes with that type of frame design (super sloping top tube with triangular brace at seat tube). RSD has just what I have been looking for!

Surprisingly that's not so easy to find. 2 Souls Cycles (Germany) makes really cool similar frames like that in Reynolds 853, but no distribution in the US and no complete bikes.

The Canfield Nimble 9 and the Transition Trans Am are similar designs but spec plain old 4130 cromo.

My other option was to go with a custom build like from Independent Fabrications or Waltworks. But I think I'm zeroing in on these RSD bikes. Very cool.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

RSD Bikes 29er +

I had also been looking for a unique AM steel hard tail that would accommodate a Rohloff drivetrain. Being short means that A low stand over is a must, so I finally went custom. Had these guys launched a year ago, being a Canuck, this would have been a natural choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I see Dirt Rag has a first impression up of their Mutant:

First impressions: RSD Mutant 29+ | Dirt Rag

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Frantiklex, Any updates on when the pre-ordered Mutants will be arriving? Anything,
    Sooner? Later?

Waiting Patiently.

Sorta

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Thanks for waiting patiently. We're looking at around the 3rd week of May
    RSD Bikes - Sales - www.rsdbikes.com
    We`re slow at updating our site - facebook

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Are frames available now? I ordered a lg. raw cro-mo frame and was not advised of any delay. I am really looking forward to building it up. I was thinking of a krampus ops but I like the lower standover on the mutant.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantiklex View Post
    Thoughts?

RSD Bikes - Sales - RSD Bikes
    Your website says "Circa 2012" up by the logo in the upper left corner.

Is your website two years out of date?

I think you mean "Established 2012," or "Founded 2012," or "Since 2012."

Using fancy words like "circa" is a good way to seem smart and sophisticated... Unless you use them incorrectly. Then you seem like a doofus.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Our spring shipment isn't in yet - We're looking at approx. 1 month from now.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Really dude? You think we would put a something on our company logo without doing our homework first?
    It was all ideas between 2010-2012, we don't really know when it was official - Circa was the perfect term for it - on or around or approximately 2012.
    You obviously didn't look it up before posting your message? It doesn't mean "...out of date" but instead "approximately without knowing exactly when.
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Really dude? You think we would put a something on our company logo without doing our homework first?
    It was all ideas between 2010-2012, we don't really know when it was official - Circa was the perfect term for it - on or around or approximately 2012.
    You obviously didn't look it up before posting your message? It doesn't mean "...out of date" but instead "approximately without knowing exactly when.
    Cheers
    Don't attack the messenger. He didn't say 'circa' meant 'out of date'.

Many mfgers put something like 'Since 2009'. If you want to put 'Since circa 2012', fine, but if you put just 'circa 2012' that in and of itself is not a clear statement.
    Originally posted by bucksaw87
    I still fail to see how mustaches, fixies, and PBR are ironic.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Bimmer74, Frorider Ė Of course youíre right about the usage, and my reply was perhaps a rash and hurried response to seeing the word ďdoofusĒ in black and white.
    The rationale for its use has become make-do since we realized it was too late to change this oversight, even though there is some truth to it. Until we can remove it from all of the logos, we stand correctable.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Frantiklex, if you have some non-studio pics of these 29+ bikes, it would be great if you posted some up. Would kind of spruce up this thread a bit.
    Last edited by Slow Danger; 04-30-2014 at 02:15 PM.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

Chairman of the Beard
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    Frantiklex, if you have some non-studio pics or these 29+ bikes, it would be great if you posted some up. Would kind of spruce up this thread a bit.
    2nded. Looking forward to demoing a Mutant in Grand Junction once they get 'em.
    The correct number of bikes one should own is N+1, where N is the number of bikes currently owned.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I'd really love to hear some more information about the 29+ suspension fork. Just want to hear some firsthand ride reports before plunking down $500 on a fork from a small company that didn't design/build it themselves. Anyone seen any posts about this fork?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    To this point, the only ride report thatís imminent will be in the June issue of Mountain Bike Action, out May 9th. Itís a review of our 29+ bike, but specíd with the suspension fork, so it may be of some use to you.

Chairman of the Beard
    To this point, the only ride report thatís imminent will be in the June issue of Mountain Bike Action, out May 9th. Itís a review of our 29+ bike, but specíd with the suspension fork, so it may be of some use to you.
    Sounds like I'm buying Mountain Bike Action on May 9th.
    The correct number of bikes one should own is N+1, where N is the number of bikes currently owned.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Read the review in mtn bike (distr)action, They spent too much time comparing the ride with Knards to the ride with 2.3" tires. I am waiting to put one together, I would have liked more feedback on how it rides with the big tires. Some of their specs differed from the website. BB ht. 13" and top tube 23.5" on medium, versus about 12.2 and 24 on website. Alex which are accurate?

Chairman of the Beard
    So wait, how'd you do that if it's not out yet?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    The website is accurate at 24" TT and 12.2" BB HT is based on 2.25 tires. With 3in Knard, you are correct, it is 13"

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by hirschmj View Post
    So wait, how'd you do that if it's not out yet?
    subscription,

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Don't attack the messenger. He didn't say 'circa' meant 'out of date'.

Many mfgers put something like 'Since 2009'. If you want to put 'Since circa 2012', fine, but if you put just 'circa 2012' that in and of itself is not a clear statement.
    Yeah Lex, no one would be so dumb to use the word circa to mean an approximate founding date. That would be absurd!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSD Bikes 29er +-sam_0257.jpg  

mtbr member
    You can imagine I had a pretty good chuckle when I drove by that sign today.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast