Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mtbr member
    duplicate

mtbr member
    Has anybody spent any real time on the RSD suspension fork? The MTB Fiction magazine review didn't sound all that promising. I really want to get one fork that'll work for both wheel setups (if I buy this frame....) but don't want to resort to using a dremel tool on the fork arch to make it work.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by neilether View Post
    Has anybody spent any real time on the RSD suspension fork? The MTB Fiction magazine review didn't sound all that promising. I really want to get one fork that'll work for both wheel setups (if I buy this frame....) but don't want to resort to using a dremel tool on the fork arch to make it work.
    Maybe someone from RSD will chime in, but I get the impression that these frames/complete bikes have been delayed by issues. The impression comes from some posts above and news on the RSD Facebook page. My point: you better contact them directly because there may be changes. I haven't heard or seen of anyone riding that fork on an RSD 29+ bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    Maybe someone from RSD will chime in, but I get the impression that these frames/complete bikes have been delayed by issues. The impression comes from some posts above and news on the RSD Facebook page. My point: you better contact them directly because there may be changes. I haven't heard or seen of anyone riding that fork on an RSD 29+ bike.
    Interesting. My local shop has one of these frames available right now. It's the really ugly poo brown color, but I'm sure it'd grow on me. I was hoping to get some real world feedback on that fork. Maybe I'll hold off on the frame for a bit until I can get some more information.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by neilether View Post
    Interesting. My local shop has one of these frames available right now. It's the really ugly poo brown color, but I'm sure it'd grow on me. I was hoping to get some real world feedback on that fork. Maybe I'll hold off on the frame for a bit until I can get some more information.

Thanks.
    Did you call RSD directly? That's what I'd do. The frame at your LBS is likely fine, but then you'd have to figure out what fork to use with it. A call to RSD might help.

mtbr member
    News out of Interbike is that RSD is not even offering this suspension fork anymore due to performance issues. I'm glad I didn't buy one. The hunt continues.

Chairman of the Beard
    Did anyone ever get one of these? What do you think? Any pics of them out in the wild?
    The correct number of bikes one should own is N+1, where N is the number of bikes currently owned.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123