mtbr member
    Jul 2010

ROCKY MOUNTAIN Vertex 29 SE

Does anyboddy have a Vertex 29 2011?
    The price and the spec seems really good and RM is a very good company but seems that nobody mention it in any thread or reviews.... the bike looks so nice and also it is something a little different than Specialized, Giant...
    What do you think about that bike and RM 29ers?
    thanks

Ride.
    Jan 2011
    One thing to consider is that a large % of the time you'll read online about what people dislike about a product. The fact that you cannot find a ton of reviews usually (to me anyways) indicates that the people who own them are enjoying them and are genuinely happy with them. Try the Rocky Mountain forum.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I have a 2010 model.. I think its superb! Only complaint I had was that the first time I went into the granny ring I got chainsuck...in fact it happened twice. There was a discussion over on the RM thread some time back, something to do about breaking in the drivetrain and once used for a short spell it all works itself out..and It's been about a year now and no further chainsuck to speak of. Everything just works superbly. The initial chainsuck did mar the paint on the chainstay near the BB which sucks tho..

2011 model uses that sweet SRAM 2x10 gruppo tho I think..

Fantastic bike, runs and climbs and climbs and climbs so well. I went for the SE because the spec list was good enough for me not to consider needing to upgrade or mod anything..although I did get a slightly shorter stem.

it's been a superb bike for me...really great.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    WOW crickets!! Was hopeing this thread was going to blow up with great stuff. Oh well i have this bike on order and should see it in a few weeks. This will be the first 29 for me and cant wait too compair it to the ht 26er. I plan on changing a few thing, tires, going 1x9 with sram twister and mabye a ridgid fork and some light tires. Was happy to find this bike i was looking abit for the right one!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    hi, which one are getting? Vertex 29 SE or Vertex 29?
    The Vertex SE is a very good deal for the noney, the only part I would change on that build is the wheels, I would go with something lighter like Stans or American Classic or the new WTB Strykers.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

... and if we just ...

Going with the 29 se, i might have some bontrager rxl,s to put on. Just have to see wich ones are lighter:

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Hi, some pictures please!!
    I think the complete Vertex SE bike is a great deal, the only part I would chang is the wheels. Good fork, breaks maybe some lighter bar and stem ...
    What s size do you have and what's the weight?
    Thanks