Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Read this about Jenson USA

Hey gang, starting a new topic because I want everyone to see this. I bought a new Niner RIP 9 frame and Revelation fork a little over 2 weeks ago from Jenson and I paid $1849. THEN, I noticed a thread on here talking about a screaming deal for this same combo. I opened the thread, clicked on the link and discovered they were now selling the SAME combo for $1350 or so.
    I sent them an email asking them, since you guys are famous fro price matching, would you consider price matching yourselves. I got an email this morning telling me they were adjusting my cost and refunding me the additional $500 or so, difference.
    I told them I would make sure the word got out, so here I am. The folks at Jenson ROCK, and I would strongly encourage you to give them your business.

later, dudes and dudettes
    Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don't know how far we can go. Bernard Malamud

mtbr member
    I have had nothing but positive experiences with Jenson USA...they are one of my main go to retailers for parts.
    Former bicycle mechanic for 8 years, current soil scientist.

Blog

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Wow, that's awesome customer service (and better than the CS at my local shop).

mtbr member
    I also had the same thing happen on the SID XX fork last week. Bought it for $614 on Saturday, then it went on sale for $400-something on Monday or Tuesday. Called them up and asked for a price match, sure no problem, got $200-something back. Awesome deal from Jenson USA.
    http://htfuaaron.blogspot.com
    2012 Niner Air 9 SS
    2011 Crux
    2012 Crux SS

mtbr member
    Way to go Jensen. I have also been happy with all my dealing with them.

Oh, I've GOT bike money
    Sweetness!

fly on the wall
    Nov 2010
    That's so awesome! I've been buying from those guys for years, and they know how to treat their customers well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Agreed. Jenson USA has always been good for me as well. Been buying from them for lots of years too.

Good to see they are treating folks right. Price match deal is really good.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Agree best outcome for jensons and customer. Knowing that you can buy what you want when you want and not get shafted means you buy more they sell more. Win Win.

mtbr member
    Nice ... that 's what keeps customers coming back.

SPP
    Rigid.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Nice, I like Jenson as well! Always good to me!

mtbr member
    This may make me look like the turd in the punch bowl here, but it would make ZERO sense for Jenson to not refund you the $. Given their return policy, you could return it, then buy it again at the cheaper price. They'd have to go through restocking process AND ship out your new bike on their dime. Ultimately, it'd cost them money if they didn't just credit you the $500.

Still, I've seen some nonsensical customer service policies. Kudos to Jenson for having one that works.

Also, have fun on that bike! Just built up a RIP about 2 months ago.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '08 Gary Fisher Ferrous 29

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I agree, been buying on line with them for years. However, have you ever phoned them to ask them for something specific or technical, terrible customer service... Now I just do my research and buy from them if the price is right. They ship the fastest and most reliable to Canada.

mtbr member
    With Kanana on this one. Never called, but their chat tech support SUCKS. Sales is excellent though, unless, again, you're talking specifics. Even in person, a guy was insisting on the wrong size Stan's tape for my rims, until I turned it over and pointed to my rim model on the back of the right size tape. Not gonna sweat it though...very few places know everything about everything.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '08 Gary Fisher Ferrous 29

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I have had nothing but good experiences from them over the years. The last time I bought something I asked for their price match. I had found a fork on a fly-by-night online shop that was ridiculously cheep and also out of stock. When I contacted that retailer, they told me it might be months before it was back in stock (??????). I Showed their price to Jenson and they matched it, no questions asked. I got it 2 days later.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I just ordered from them several items. English is not my first language, but I called customer support with a few questions. They were very patient and even got me to speak to the manufacturer, in regards of my doubts. Completely satisfied with their service.

official eMpTyBRain
    +1

Jenson USA is great!
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    When I need something I always turn to Jenson first. They've always price-matched anything I've asked. I used to shop a lot at Pricepoint but I once bought a set of lights from them and then found the same lights much cheaper elsewhere. They refused to price match because the order just shipped the day before.

mtbr member
    Glad to hear you had a positive experience with JensonUSA. Since I don't have a LBS I like, I usually hit Jenson up first, always a good experience on this end to.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kananaskis View Post
    I agree, been buying on line with them for years. However, have you ever phoned them to ask them for something specific or technical, terrible customer service... Now I just do my research and buy from them if the price is right. They ship the fastest and most reliable to Canada.

Have spent a lot of spare change there. Agree awesome site and company. The customer service was excellent with the exception of one guy. Both times I called again until I got someone clearly more willing to open another window on his computer screen and bang problem solved. Funny how a chain is only as strong as weakest link (couldn't help it ) but my advice is call a second time if you don't like what you hear. Might just be you got a guy who would rather be some where else.
    Pete

mtbr member
    Had the same thing happen with Colorado Cyclist, though for $100.

I love it when companies do the right thing; the ones that do seem to be so few and far between these days.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Great Place!!!!

Jenson is a great place to buy a bike. They have amazing customer service.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Hey, for the record, someone mentioned that I could have returned the frame, said I was dissatisfied and the repurchased it at the lower price. They had me by the short hairs, their frame policy specifically states that once the frame is assembled, it cannot be returned. So they did the right thing, and they did not have to.
    Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don't know how far we can go. Bernard Malamud

mtbr member
    Nice job Jenson, I vote that the OP spends the refunded $500 on more parts from Jenson for his build

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    ^Agreed, spend the 500 on more parts from Jenson since you thought it was all ready gone!

Way to go Jenson!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast