Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Kudos to Jenson

Todd

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Well, I can honestly say that SOME of it, is gonna end up in their pockets anyway. I agree with you guys, they have a confirmed customer.
    Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don't know how far we can go. Bernard Malamud

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter_dude View Post
    Hey, for the record, someone mentioned that I could have returned the frame, said I was dissatisfied and the repurchased it at the lower price. They had me by the short hairs, their frame policy specifically states that once the frame is assembled, it cannot be returned. So they did the right thing, and they did not have to.
    Big piece of info that I missed. 100% kickass good faith service from them, then. I originally bought that Jet 9 combo, and while waiting for parts for the build, decided I wanted a RIP instead. I drove to Jenson and returned the frame without ever building it up, but they never asked if I did.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '14 RIP 9
    '12 RIP 9
    '08 GF Ferrous 29
    '02 Trek 4300

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter_dude View Post
    Hey gang, starting a new topic because I want everyone to see this. I bought a new Niner RIP 9 frame and Revelation fork a little over 2 weeks ago from Jenson and I paid $1849. THEN, I noticed a thread on here talking about a screaming deal for this same combo. I opened the thread, clicked on the link and discovered they were now selling the SAME combo for $1350 or so.
    I sent them an email asking them, since you guys are famous fro price matching, would you consider price matching yourselves. I got an email this morning telling me they were adjusting my cost and refunding me the additional $500 or so, difference.
    I told them I would make sure the word got out, so here I am. The folks at Jenson ROCK, and I would strongly encourage you to give them your business.

later, dudes and dudettes
    I've been dealing with them for years and have always had positive experiences.
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Ditto on jensonusa as the best CS around!

Nashbar in the other hand... Multiple charges to account on multiple occasions! Never again go to nashbar.

Bluskycycling is also pretty rad!
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoraa View Post
    Ditto on jensonusa as the best CS around!

Nashbar in the other hand... Multiple charges to account on multiple occasions! Never again go to nashbar.

Bluskycycling is also pretty rad!
    Nashbar sucks. I will never buy anything from them again, I don't care what the sale is. Been burned too many times.
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I've had good dealings with Jenson too. Spread the word.

mtbr member
    You guys just convinced me where to buy my bike parts! Thanks

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Anybody else starting to think that Jenson keeps doing these nice things just to make CupOfJava look like a kook ?

mtbr member
    May 2009

I wonder if

this has anything to do with their price protection policy

30 DAY PRICE PROTECTION: If we lower our price or you find a lower price at a competitor within 30 days of your purchase, we'll issue you a refund for the difference. Just contact us via telephone or email us to claim your refund. You could be riding your new gear from Jenson USA while still shopping for the best price!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TBMD9er View Post
    this has anything to do with their price protection policy

30 DAY PRICE PROTECTION: If we lower our price or you find a lower price at a competitor within 30 days of your purchase, we'll issue you a refund for the difference. Just contact us via telephone or email us to claim your refund. You could be riding your new gear from Jenson USA while still shopping for the best price!

Regardless, their overall customer service is top notch.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Well TBMD9er, I honestly knew nothing of that, and was actually hesitant to call them. I decided on an email, figuring I had nothing to lose and $500 to gain. Having said all of that, it is STILL some pretty exceptional service and I will continue to give them business any time I can.
    Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don't know how far we can go. Bernard Malamud

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Jenson stepped up Big Time, I doubt any other on-line bike co. would have offered the same.
    I purchased quite a few parts from them this season, often using the price-matching without fail.

mtbr member
    Jenson is awesome. If they had free shipping to Canada they would be perfect. I'd buy everything from them.

mtbr member
    I have great luck with them as well in terms of orders being handled quickly, showing up on time, and taking things back on returns. They are one of my staples if I go online.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

Always in the wrong gear
    I've bought numerous things from Jenson USA and have had great experiences each time. I've never had to price match though. A+++

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Jenson is one of my go to online places to purchase my biking supplies. They have always went the extra mile to make things right, even when it was my error.

fly on the wall
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kapusta View Post
    Nashbar sucks. I will never buy anything from them again, I don't care what the sale is. Been burned too many times.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I buy most of my stuff from Jenson, but a lot from Nashbar too. They're slower, and they use usps tracking numbers, which are a joke, but so far so good. Now that I've mentioned that, watch Murphy's law kick in and have something bad happen.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    +1 bought hundreds worth in small orders, always the cheapest, sometimes 50% off components
    2011 Specialized Stump jumper Comp

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    They are the only place I buy bicycle parts from 'online'.

Jensen USA for bicyle stuff
    Dennis kirk for motorcyle stuff
    Summitt Racing for certain auto stuff
    Midway USA and Cabelas for gun and archery stuff

There are a couple of other places I trust besides those but those are the main sites I trust. Big pet peeve I have is not getting a tracking number sent to me or people taking my money, when they don't have something in stock. Never have these issues with any of these sites.
    May the GT Force be with you, always.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Where are the walmart haters? Shouldn't they be complaining about a company taking business from the sacred LBS?

Love,peace and baby geese
    Sep 2008
    Nice!
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities.
    Albert Einstein

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsb View Post
    Where are the walmart haters? Shouldn't they be complaining about a company taking business from the sacred LBS?
    My, what a big turd you drop on a feel good thread. I shop at Jenson due to great CS, prices on quality stuff.

I avoid Wall Mart like a bad case of herpies. Due to the fact that they sell low quality junk, that does'nt last.

metrotuned WoS
    seriously, jensonusa is fully legit. Rep+1. Done lots of business with them recently with their sales.
    #willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsb View Post
    Comparing an ethical online retailer with Walmart is ridiculous.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '14 RIP 9
    '12 RIP 9
    '08 GF Ferrous 29
    '02 Trek 4300

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast