Thread: Rampage 29 SC ?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Rampage 29 SC ?

Does any one know if there will be a Rampage 29 in the sticky compound? I really like the Rampage I have now but there is alway room for improvement. I've got about 1500 miles on the current model that has graced the front of my Ferrous for almost a year and a half. It has spent it whole life tubeless with different sealent blends in a very dry and rocky envionment. I would not mind losing a few miles of tread life for a little more grip in the loose over hard and pure hard park that covers the Phoenix valley.

Flaccid Member
    A Nevegal 29'er will suit your purpose.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I wish that too! Rampages seem to wear pretty well (if I was to guess, probably 300mi+) and it looks brand new. Won't mind trading some wear for some grip. Especially since primary a front tire.

Randy, Kenda's Website says Nevegal is only available as a 2.2 DTC., which is too small but might be soft enough.

jrm
    mtbr member

A little bit more spacing?

between blocks if im riding your post correctly? You might try the 2.4 ardent. When rolled over i think the rampage works well in loose over hard pack.
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I just want tread compounds to choose from. When I rode with the 26" wheels.(Yuck!). I was able to choose a SuperTacky front and Exxpro60 rear. That worked really well for me. I think the Rampage is a good tread design. I just want softer rubber.

beater
    As mentioned, the Nev is slightly stickier. It's perceptibly thinner mounted on the same rim, but not by too much.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

rider
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive
    As mentioned, the Nev is slightly stickier. It's perceptibly thinner mounted on the same rim, but not by too much.
    Yes, but I have given up on the Neve as too fragile, when ridden really hard the side knobs tear off. That and the sidewalls are to not tough enough.

Really looking forward to getting one new 2.4 Ardents on the back of my ride. That and a 2.5 Dissent upfront.

The Rampage is still one of our best 29er tires. I would love to see a dual compound version with longer knobs all around.
    Abandoned the 26" wheel in May '03