mtbr member
    Mar 2012

raleigh talus 29 elite

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and am also in the market for a new bike. I am looking at the talus 29 elite. My LBS told me the msrp is $1750, they are willing to sell it to me for $1550. Is this a good deal? What other bikes compare to this?
    Thanks,
    Sean

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    That's a really good bike. One of the cheapest bikes you can get with a Fox fork Everything seems to be coming with RockShox forks this year but I'm still a fan of Fox. At that price point there's TONS of bikes to consider but if your local shop is cool, willing to discount it and you can see a good relationship developing with them, that makes the price even better!

AZ
    banned

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hey AZ.MTNS that's the one, sorry I would have posted the link but I don't have enough posts yet.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by DFYFZX View Post
    That's a really good bike. One of the cheapest bikes you can get with a Fox fork Everything seems to be coming with RockShox forks this year but I'm still a fan of Fox. At that price point there's TONS of bikes to consider but if your local shop is cool, willing to discount it and you can see a good relationship developing with them, that makes the price even better!
    Thanks for the reply! I like fox as well. THe bike shop is great I bought my girlfriends bike here last year. So you think $1550 is reasonable for this bike?
    Last edited by bruins703; 03-23-2012 at 09:37 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Anyone else have any opinions? Input would be greatley appreciated.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    For that price, it is the best specced bike you'll find, at least considering the fork.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'm eyeing the same thing. Also, I'm considering buying a Talus 29 (base model) and basically just using the frame and wheels. I have some other bikes that need some basic parts so I thought I could turn the 29er around into a pretty sweet little bike. There is a lot of things I'd want to change on the Elite anyway, so I thought I'd just go basic and build from there. The bummer is that its hard to find out much about the Talus aluminum bikes, every review I've found is for the really low end models, and they are focusing so much on the components they don't mention much about the frame. I think the Elite is a sweet looking bike and there certainly is a solid chassis to build on for a long time.