Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    get down!
    Crankset too probably...I dunno. Mine is 24lb 7 oz. as a muddy singlespeed with a WB Loop fork (probably 4.3/4) pounds. I guess I don't care, because I'm faster on this bike than I am on any other bike I've ever ridden. Yeeeeeeep!
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by appleSSeed View Post
    Crankset too probably...I dunno. Mine is 24lb 7 oz. as a muddy singlespeed with a WB Loop fork (probably 4.3/4) pounds. I guess I don't care, because I'm faster on this bike than I am on any other bike I've ever ridden. Yeeeeeeep!
    Totally with you there, I'm lovin' mine

Just curious, as the fork only weighs in at just over 500grms

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bonesetter2004 View Post
    Have to say I was surprised at weigh in.

Could those Nobby Nic 2.4's be the lard on top?
    Nobby Nic 2.4? Didn't know such a thing exists. I've just done a search at Schwalbe North America, Germany and German online shops. I only find a 2.35 in 29".
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Ive been too busy ridin mine to upload photos. Built it up with 100mm Xfusion fork, blunt sl rims and slant six tires. Its already been ss and fixed, now i got a few gears on it. Most fun hardtail Ive ever ridden. A little creaky but super cush and nimble

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
    Nobby Nic 2.4? Didn't know such a thing exists. I've just done a search at Schwalbe North America, Germany and German online shops. I only find a 2.35 in 29".
    well done Ronnie for spotting the deliberate mistake - they're balloon tyres, but not that much

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EatMotorOil View Post
    Ive been too busy ridin mine to upload photos. Built it up with 100mm Xfusion fork, blunt sl rims and slant six tires. Its already been ss and fixed, now i got a few gears on it. Most fun hardtail Ive ever ridden. A little creaky but super cush and nimble
    Have to agree - a bike that loves being ragged Reminds me of the Paradox in that respect, but a hell of alot more cush

Edit: or should that be rag'd? - YKWIM

get down!
    If you caN take the time to post about it, you can post a picture. C'mon bro. I ride the hell out of mine AND take a sh!t ton of pics. You act like the bike is not in your basement or garage while you post that. No excuse (or soup) for you! Lulz.

How is the xfusion fork?

transmitter~receiver
    If you caN take the time to post about it, you can post a picture. C'mon bro. I ride the hell out of mine AND take a sh!t ton of pics. You act like the bike is not in your basement or garage while you post that. No excuse (or soup) for you! Lulz.

How is the xfusion fork?
    Sounds like it spends quite a bit of time in the stand as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Creaky how/where?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Been riding my Raijin for a couple of weeks now, a really fun and snappy ride. Like it a lot. As a noob, I still have to post more messages before I can post images...

Been a interesting journey from a 26 FS to a 29 FS to a an alluminuim Hard Tail to a Steel Hard Tail and finally the Raijin. Set up as 2*10 with a Talas 125 fork.

Now hardly ride the FS...

Most of my riding in Vancouver North Shore, Squamish and Pemberton. I really don't feel the need for the FS...

Cheers

David

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    ^^i gotta graduate from noob before pics according to this dude? I havent tried yet.

The fork has impressed me for the price. Not my number one choice if i had unlimited funds, but after this frame i was a little limited. Very smooth through the travel but stiffens up quickly thru it, so it feels more like an 80 than a 100 even with the minimum pressure in it. Cheapest tapered 29r fork available and one of the lightest too. Pretty happy.

My creaks are mostly head tube/headset. Tried grease and more grease i might ti prep it next. Also running pf30 bb an gettin a little noise from that. Anybody tried
    Green loctite on theirs?

Ill work on pics soon homies

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Does it work like this? First incarnation, dingle, stem too long, skinny rims
    IMG_6981 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Man flickr sucks on the iphone
    Last edited by EatMotorOil; 09-23-2012 at 09:56 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Does it work like this? First incarnation, dingle, stem too long, skinny rims
    Nope.

mtbr member
    anyone riding one of these in a 22"? I am looking to pick one up and all my other bikes are 21". I think the 20" will be too small and i fear the 22" will be a little like an ocean cruise liner and not snappy. BTW i am 250 and 6' 3-1/2".

also, anyone running a XX 156Q crank? need to know if it will have any clearance issues.

thanks.

killer pics too!

Mulleticious
    Subscribing to this awesome thread. Thanks meltingfeather.
    Going to pull the trigger on a Ti frame any day now...

mtbr member
    What a great frame the Raijin is. I've been on mine all winter and it's been perfect

Will fit a suspension fork soon to try

mtbr member

Well Worth The Wait

Neil at The Path Bike Shop ordered one up for me. Took close to 3 months. It was well worth the wait too. Check it out.

2013 22" Frame
    Chris King I-7 Headset
    Sid XX Tapered Fork 15mm
    XX1 Drivetrain, Trigger, 34T, Q168
    American Classic All Mountain Wheels
    Ralph & Ron 2.25 w/tubes
    XT Pedals
    Easton Post
    Forte Pro SL Saddle
    Thomson X4 Stem, 90mm
    Whiskey Riser Bars, 740mm
    ESI Chunky
    Profile Design Kage x2
    23.9 lbs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Raijin Build Thread-20130225_224011.jpg  

Raijin Build Thread-20130225_223957.jpg  

get down!
    Looks good.

I'm not sure how your bike weighs less than my SS though? Maybe my scale is off.

Anyway, stay tuned for my Raijin redux, it's currently getting a makeover. I'll post pics later this weekend.

Mulleticious
    Forgive me if I missed it, but could you do a list of components meltingfeather?
    If you've got weights as well that would be a bonus...?

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by BigwheelsRbest View Post
    Forgive me if I missed it, but could you do a list of components meltingfeather?
    Raijin 18" frame
    SRAM XO crankset
    33t HBC spiderless ring
    KMC X9SL Chain
    19t Chris King cog
    Hope SS/Trials hubs laced to Nancy Wides with Revos
    Chris King InSet 7
    Niner RDO fork
    Bontrager XXX Lite Stem
    ENVE riser
    Formula R1 brakes
    Oury grips
    ENVE (back when it was EDGE) setback seatpost
    WTB Rocket V Stealth Ti saddle
    If you've got weights as well that would be a bonus...?
    Gonna have to go without the bonus. The whole bike weighs from 18.5-19.5 lbs, depending on what shoes she's wearing.

Mulleticious
    ^^^ Thanks mf. So you swapped out the Light-bicycle carbon rims then?

I'm sittiing here wondering about this frame now - yours is 18" and 4lb 7oz - this is pretty much the identical weight as the medium SIR9 frame, including its EBB. I'm having second thoughts about the so-called "weight advantage" of Ti...

transmitter~receiver
    Nancy is the chick that works at light-bicycle. I usually call them Nancy wides.

I'm sittiing here wondering about this frame now - yours is 18" and 4lb 7oz - this is pretty much the identical weight as the medium SIR9 frame, including its EBB. I'm having second thoughts about the so-called "weight advantage" of Ti...
    Hmmm... Dirt Rag says the medium (16.5" seat tube) SIR 9 is 4 lbs. 13 oz. with the Maxle and seatpost clamp (no mention of EBB).
    If weight is priority, the Raijin is not the lightest Ti frame you can buy. According to Dirt Rag (again), the Lynskey Pro29 can be had at 3 lbs. 12 oz.

Mulleticious
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    Nancy is the chick that works at light-bicycle. I usually call them Nancy wides.

Hmmm... Dirt Rag says the medium (16.5" seat tube) SIR 9 is 4 lbs. 13 oz. with the Maxle and seatpost clamp (no mention of EBB).
    If weight is priority, the Raijin is not the lightest Ti frame you can buy. According to Dirt Rag (again), the Lynskey Pro29 can be had at 3 lbs. 12 oz.
    Aha - Nancy wides - gotcha

You're probably right on the weight comparison thing - your 18" is probably more comparable to the Large SIR9. I have a Large and it weighs exactly 5lb 6oz with the EBB (no maxle or seatpost clamp) so that is almost 1 lb more for steel. I guess I was hoping for a little more difference, but can't afford a Pro29 Custom

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

I had a large 2013 SIR in my hands and on two different digital scales it weighed 5.3 pounds without the EBB. It was a nice frame but heavy.

mtbr member
    Looks good.

I'm not sure how your bike weighs less than my SS though? Maybe my scale is off.

Anyway, stay tuned for my Raijin redux, it's currently getting a makeover. I'll post pics later this weekend.
    good morning. thanks for the props. as far as weight, i am not sure of your entire build to compare but my fork is over a pound lighter than yours based on one of your prior posts. hope that helps.

looking forward to seeing your pics too.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast