Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by grigorij View Post
    dear meltingfeather
    can you measure, from center to top seat tube for me, please !!!
    18"
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerdonian View Post
    Sweet Build,
    back at ya
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerdonian View Post
    I like my FORM more
    well then I hope you like it more than twice as much.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Wow, 18.5!! My 20 weighs in at 24 !!

Trail Junkie
    I am pretty impressed. This frame carries more features from the Lynskey Pro29 SL...the chainstay plate and tire clearance is impressive! I am just not a fan of press-fit, but for someone that wants that..its obviously a better option!
    Santa Cruz Tallboy c
    Lynskey Pro29 SS
    Cervelo S2
    Spech Tricross Exp
    Raleigh Rx1.0

Fut. Bikes:
    Misfit diSSent
    Soma ES

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    Almost complete... just need to strap up the brake hose and go over everything.
    18.5 lbs. (8,391 g) ready to ride with her light shoes on (2.2 Ravens, F/R)
    19.06 lbs. (8,646 g) as pictured
    Don't worry, AZ... it's a "road bike"

i hate the people that criticize a sweet build so apologies in advance, but i LOVE the bike, HATE the fork. at that weight you could put a proper fork on it either rigid or suspension and still be way ahead of the game. again, sorry

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    What would you call a proper rigid fork?

Quote Originally Posted by edapp View Post
    What would you call a proper rigid fork?
    i have been out of the loop for a couple years but not enuf out of the loop to say that such a fork (carbon, niner especially) is stupid. i have owned carbon forks and it was cool but c'mon, at that light weight and as i understand it (though i could be wrong), that frame is designed around a 100mm suspension fork, right? anyway, a steel fork of some sort and frankly, other than the AC proper (probably would do at 100mm sagged AC but i am an idiot) it doesnt matter. even e "heavy" steel fork would still leave you with a light arse bike and your teeth and looking less retarted

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by dubdryver View Post
    I am pretty impressed. This frame carries more features from the Lynskey Pro29 SL...the chainstay plate and tire clearance is impressive! I am just not a fan of press-fit, but for someone that wants that..its obviously a better option!
    not a fan either.

here's what I did:

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle View Post
    i have been out of the loop for a couple years but not enuf out of the loop to say that such a fork (carbon, niner especially) is stupid. i have owned carbon forks and it was cool but c'mon, at that light weight and as i understand it (though i could be wrong), that frame is designed around a 100mm suspension fork, right? anyway, a steel fork of some sort and frankly, other than the AC proper (probably would do at 100mm sagged AC but i am an idiot) it doesnt matter. even e "heavy" steel fork would still leave you with a light arse bike and your teeth and looking less retarted
    i realize you need to pose and all that, and i hope you're getting the attention you crave, but your post and attitude are stupid.

i realize you need to pose and all that, and i hope you're getting the attention you crave, but your post and attitude are stupid.
    what are you talking about? i get plenty of attention. your fork is idiotic in my genuine opinion and contrary to popular belief, my subjective opinion is as valid as your precious opinion, which of course is strongly associated with your retarded purchase already being closed thus, of course defending said retarded purchase...so i understand but regardless, a carbon fork is idiotic

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle View Post
    your fork is idiotic in my genuine opinion and contrary to popular belief, my subjective opinion is as valid as your precious opinion, which of course is strongly associated with your retarded purchase already being closed thus, of course defending said retarded purchase...so i understand but regardless, a carbon fork is idiotic
    i was just expressing my opinion of your opinion, which is actually quite a bit more valid than your original opinion because it is mine.
    thanks for sharing your input on my equipment choice. it is much appreciated and will be taken into consideration at a future date, once it is deemed valid enough.

p.s. my opinion is also 100% genuine and with a sound basis in fact

Trail Junkie
    I knew you can always install the adapter, cool you went that route! I didn't say having a PF30 was a negative at all. I am actually appreciating the work that Lynskey is doing for Kona..but more so the design that Kona implemented to differentiate theirs from Lynskey. They did a better job of doing so than Salsa and Vassago IMO.

I think they took a really intelligent approach with the PF30 and also chainstay plate and increased width to accept wider tires. Laser etched graphics are great too!

I just bought a Pro29 SL, and I am so far very happy with it despite the small hiccups I've had from parts around it that I've had since I have bought it. To me, studying the frame, much of the aspects that are on the PRO29 SL are on this frame with the exception of the PF30 and Helix which leads me to believe that this is going to be a fantastic frame!

One thing I have had problems with is the bolts for the sliders. I have ordered the Socket head complete set from Paragon..waiting for them to arrive, but I started getting a good bit of creaking halfway in on a 6hr. race 3 weeks ago...maybe something you'd like to look into as well. The sliders never moved with the original bolts..just a little creaking is all...Anyways...congrats on the bike!

BTW...maybe its just me, but is this bike available for sale..i don't see it on the website :/
    Santa Cruz Tallboy c
    Lynskey Pro29 SS
    Cervelo S2
    Spech Tricross Exp
    Raleigh Rx1.0

Fut. Bikes:
    Misfit diSSent
    Soma ES

transmitter~receiver
    I knew you can always install the adapter, cool you went that route!
    I'm not really a fan of adapters, which is why the only two things I'm not totally stoked on with the frame are the two parts I need adapters for: the rear caliper & the crank.
    I didn't say having a PF30 was a negative at all. I am actually appreciating the work that Lynskey is doing for Kona..but more so the design that Kona implemented to differentiate theirs from Lynskey. They did a better job of doing so than Salsa and Vassago IMO.

I think they took a really intelligent approach with the PF30 and also chainstay plate and increased width to accept wider tires. Laser etched graphics are great too!
    really interesting to hear this perspective.

I just bought a Pro29 SL, and I am so far very happy with it despite the small hiccups I've had from parts around it that I've had since I have bought it. To me, studying the frame, much of the aspects that are on the PRO29 SL are on this frame with the exception of the PF30 and Helix which leads me to believe that this is going to be a fantastic frame!
    i'm hoping so. the Pro29 SL is definitely sweet...
    for me this frame was really a perfect combination of almost every factor. as soon as I saw it I was decided... no brainer. I've been a fan of both Lynskey and Kona for a long time and have been sort of passively looking for a "dream frame" to replace my Soma Juice (nothing wrong with it... you know how that story goes). boom.
    One thing I have had problems with is the bolts for the sliders. I have ordered the Socket head complete set from Paragon..waiting for them to arrive, but I started getting a good bit of creaking halfway in on a 6hr. race 3 weeks ago...maybe something you'd like to look into as well. The sliders never moved with the original bolts..just a little creaking is all...
    good to know. i'll keep an eye on them.
    Anyways...congrats on the bike!
    thanks! back at ya.
    BTW...maybe its just me, but is this bike available for sale..i don't see it on the website :/
    I have no idea, but my speculation is that they didn't bother because it's a mid-model-year frame with a limited production run that they probably anticipated would be gone or nearly gone before it ever hit the floor. I know every one that our shop ordered was spoken for almost immediately... in February.

mtbr member
    Wow FoShizzle, you can be such a doofus.

How can anyone not love this bike? Normally I would kill for such a bike, but fortunately I have a Ti singlespeed too. Yes it has a CF fork, like my previous 2 singlespeed bikes. These "idiotic" forks served me well in almost 100 races over many years.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    GF Superfly 29er HT
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    Pake French 75 track

Quote Originally Posted by serious View Post
    Wow FoShizzle, you can be such a doofus.

How can anyone not love this bike? Normally I would kill for such a bike, but fortunately I have a Ti singlespeed too. Yes it has a CF fork, like my previous 2 singlespeed bikes. These "idiotic" forks served me well in almost 100 races over many years.
    well sir, you are lucky to be alive. maybe i am just such a tool cuz its the Ninerbikes fork and LyNx didnt like Niner so i couldnt either. I had the Pace carbon fork and it looked cool and worked well...on my ninerbike

i have a Ti hardtail now, my only bike, but am no longer man enuf to have a rigid fork of any material but certainly wouldnt get carbon if i did. doesnt mean others cant, or shouldnt, just speaking for myself.

Trail Junkie
    I have no idea, but my speculation is that they didn't bother because it's a mid-model-year frame with a limited production run that they probably anticipated would be gone or nearly gone before it ever hit the floor. I know every one that our shop ordered was spoken for almost immediately... in February.
    I don't have a problem with Kona getting bikes made from Lynskey, heck they know they are getting quality that is handmade here in the states! When I purchased my frame/fork/headset/post (Leap Day Sale) The dealer, a friend, local rider complained how manufacturing for other companies such as Kona and Salsa has hurt his business. Not in sales but availability. Lynskey is pretty much down to doing quarterly runs on their stock frames, and everything else is custom or building for another company which makes it hard for him and other dealers to get frames in a decent time frame. A few years back, if he wanted a frame, I called in the order and it was max 3 weeks and the frame was being built up locally. Now its 3-6 months. I completely understand from a profit perspective, they can get pretty consistent work by being an outsource company, but living in the "NOW" generation, people don't want to wait..and I am afraid they are missing out on sales with their name on it. For the seller here, this whole situation puts a bind on his business.

I was incredibly lucky because I caught the deal right as a product run was getting completed en lieu of the sale that was happening. Him having the seller status that he does, was able to secure a frame for me in the timeline I requested. So for me, I'm a happy camper, but I want everyone to be able to have the same purchasing experience I did. I don't think it should be a case-by-case basis, and as much as I like your frame...I do have my reservations about them being the outsource builder for others in that respect. I think it should be a "limited run" basis for all the outsource frames, and Lynskey should be trying to be pushing the product with their name on it out as a priority. Simply because their name and logo is connected to their reputation.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy c
    Lynskey Pro29 SS
    Cervelo S2
    Spech Tricross Exp
    Raleigh Rx1.0

Fut. Bikes:
    Misfit diSSent
    Soma ES

transmitter~receiver
    I don't have a problem with Kona getting bikes made from Lynskey, heck they know they are getting quality that is handmade here in the states! When I purchased my frame/fork/headset/post (Leap Day Sale) The dealer, a friend, local rider complained how manufacturing for other companies such as Kona and Salsa has hurt his business. Not in sales but availability. Lynskey is pretty much down to doing quarterly runs on their stock frames, and everything else is custom or building for another company which makes it hard for him and other dealers to get frames in a decent time frame. A few years back, if he wanted a frame, I called in the order and it was max 3 weeks and the frame was being built up locally. Now its 3-6 months. I completely understand from a profit perspective, they can get pretty consistent work by being an outsource company, but living in the "NOW" generation, people don't want to wait..and I am afraid they are missing out on sales with their name on it. For the seller here, this whole situation puts a bind on his business.

I was incredibly lucky because I caught the deal right as a product run was getting completed en lieu of the sale that was happening. Him having the seller status that he does, was able to secure a frame for me in the timeline I requested. So for me, I'm a happy camper, but I want everyone to be able to have the same purchasing experience I did. I don't think it should be a case-by-case basis, and as much as I like your frame...I do have my reservations about them being the outsource builder for others in that respect. I think it should be a "limited run" basis for all the outsource frames.
    well... i tend to think people can run their businesses as they see fit, so i don't have an opinion on what the Lynskeys should be doing, but if one of his dealers has a problem with the outsourcing, the most appropriate audience for that concern is probably David Lynskey.

banned
    I had forgotten what an idiot Fo was, until this thread. Fo, if you don't have anything constructive to say. Please go away.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Nice bike!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    a real beauty! awesome looking ride....congrats

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I am embracing the Press Fit. I just wish I could ream out that huge seat tube to get my reverb post in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Troll View Post
    I had forgotten what an idiot Fo was, until this thread. Fo, if you don't have anything constructive to say. Please go away.
    clearly i was away too long if you forgot that. i will make it a priority to carpet bomb the 29er forum with my infinite wisdom so you dont forget again. thx for the encouragement.

well... i tend to think people can run their businesses as they see fit, so i don't have an opinion on what the Lynskeys should be doing, but if one of his dealers has a problem with the outsourcing, the most appropriate audience for that concern is probably David Lynskey.
    agreed. Lynskey, as opposed to many companies, has a good business model and actually realizes that making money affords him the ability to remain in the business - a novel idea. he is great to work with and i have owned both frames directly from him as well as another he makes for a company. God forbid he is more than a 1 man frame builder company who doesnt smoke pot...get with the program Mark!

mtbr member

Good job! Post Mount Dropout

Frame shots:

I'd hazard a guess that those are the same dropouts that are on the Nimble 9 (being split slot) and their post mount brake dropout would fit. They also use the same size bolts as Paragon (M8 and M5)...

If you have someone local w/a Nimble 9, it would be pretty easy to confirm. I think they sell the post mount dropout for $45...

Awesome bike!

mtbr member
    Nice!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast