Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
    mtbr member
    and after the race...

Raijin Build Thread-img_4740-640.jpg

V-Shaped Rut
    I'm going FS, anyone wants mine shoot me a PM. Not sure if I'm supposed to pay for an advert, if so I'll happily do so if anyone here is interested.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by big_slacker View Post
    I'm going FS, anyone wants mine shoot me a PM. Not sure if I'm supposed to pay for an advert, if so I'll happily do so if anyone here is interested.
    My Raijin has become my all purpose and all mountain bike. That said my beautiful XL Jet-9 RDO XX1 is sitting and collecting dust. Commission to anyone who helps it find a more useful home.

mtbr member
    Nice bike for sure but I think they should do the chain stay like the old Schwinn Homegrown. The same on both sides of the tire. It is possible that there is a bias between the chain stays with the plate only on one side, and it would be stronger with a symmetrical plate arrangement on both sides of the tire. Kind of like their (lynskey) twisted down tube, biased to one side probably...
    That said it is still awesome......I have two of their frames.
    2012 TI El Mar
    2010 TI El Mar
    motobecane TI 29er
    redline d440 20er
    Schwinn Homegrown

Bikes!
    Not sure why it posted twice?
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
    2015 Trek Farley 8

Bikes!
    Absolutely loving these builds, I'm currently in the market for a Ti frame that I can run either geared or SS so the Raijin is definitely in contention...
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
    2015 Trek Farley 8

mtbr member

Raijin Build Thread

Raijin Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1406063040.119852.jpg

Update

mtbr member
    Did you guys noticed that that Raijin was dropped from the Kona 2015 lineup?

mtbr member
    I guess the value of mine just went up.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Did you guys noticed that that Raijin was dropped from the Kona 2015 lineup?
    Scroll to the bottom. I thought the same thing, but some of the frames are way down there.

mtbr member
    Damn, on the contrary, they are expanding the Ti line and now offer four different frames!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Thanks jacoborf for that photo. I couldn't find it after I saw thumbnail on ForoMTB.com.
    Do you have tubeless these onza, and did you weight these tires?

mtbr member

Raijin Build Thread

Thank you.

These Onza tires are not tubeless. But I have assembled as they were ;-) No problems and good performance after few months xc hard riding at 1.6-1.8bar with 150ml NoTubes liquid on each. I do not remember the weight but around 600-650gr each. Bike weight is under 10kg about 9.7-9.8kg...

V-Shaped Rut
    Hey guys. Second guessing what I'm selling my raijin for. What would you reasonably pay for a used raijin with XX1 cranks, king headset, 1x10 (x7 shifter x9 rear d), ea70 carbon bars/stem, and bontrager everything else including wheelset?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

My Raijin

I just got built up. I went all Shimano XT, including the wheels and pedals. I already had the wheels from a different bike. They are heavy but will have to do for now. Thompson seat post and just a generic Kona stem. I went with a Sid XX World Cup Fork-very light!. I got it to about 25.5 lbs. I like to get it to around 24. I'm guessing a different wheel set would do the trick. Very smooth ride!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Raijin Build Thread-facebook-20140812-114652.jpg  

mtbr member
    UPDATE

The Raijin hasn't been getting much love of late since the acquisition of a Stooge...

So, I thought I would put the Niner RDO fork back on which would get me out on it again, but compared to the Stooge the front end is loads lower and makes for a completely different ride - main thing is a ton more weight on the front which makes for a slow, harsh time of things...

So, what about going FAT front?

Looking through this thread I see only one build and that was a stop gap off a Pugsley while waiting for another fork

Anyone gone fat on theirs??

I'm hoping that would 'work' in lifting the front a bit more

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10