mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Race Lite X Tubeless Conversion

I just picked up a used 08 Superfly with the OEM Bontrager Race Lite X wheels, and would like to convert to tubeless. I've had good luck using the Bonty rim strips and separate valves in converting a set of Blunt rims to tubeless, so I was wondering if Bontrager makes a rim strip that would work in the pre TLR Race Lite X. If not, should I go with something from Stan's? I'd appreciate hearing from anyone with experience in converting these wheels.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    The Bonty strips rock. Cheap, simple, and effective.
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bde1024
    I just picked up a used 08 Superfly with the OEM Bontrager Race Lite X wheels, and would like to convert to tubeless. I've had good luck using the Bonty rim strips and separate valves in converting a set of Blunt rims to tubeless, so I was wondering if Bontrager makes a rim strip that would work in the pre TLR Race Lite X. If not, should I go with something from Stan's? I'd appreciate hearing from anyone with experience in converting these wheels.
    The Race X lite that came stock on that bike are TLR and the rim strips work great. If the Race X Lites that came with the bike are not TLR, then the wheels are not stock. The rim-strips would most likely still work though.

mtbr member
    The Bontrager strips work fine/great/adequately/perfectly, etc...

Plastic homer
    The stock RXLs on my '08 Fly are sporting tubeless 29-3 front/tubeless Jones ACX rear. Zero issues, zero flats. Not really a conversion - it's what they're made to do.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishlips
    The Race X lite that came stock on that bike are TLR and the rim strips work great. If the Race X Lites that came with the bike are not TLR, then the wheels are not stock. The rim-strips would most likely still work though.
    My bad, I rechecked the wheels are they are indeed labled TLR. I didn't get the strips with the bike; anyone know what part number strips I need for these wheels? I can't seem to find anything but 26" strips on the Bontrager site.