View Poll Results: What to do with all the "post your X-29er picture" threads

Voters
75. This poll is closed
  • Combine all these "post your X-29er" threads into a new one

    8 10.67%
  • Combine all these "post your X-29er" threads into picture thread #2

    2 2.67%
  • Leave them be....free enterprise and all that stuff

    22 29.33%
  • potato

    43 57.33%
Results 1 to 81 of 81
  1. #1
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,045

    Post your "etc" thread combine? or not? poll

    I think think that all the "x-brand" post your 29er threads could be either combined with the Post your 29er thread #2 or into their own new post your 29er #3. What say you all?
    Try this: HTFU

  2. #2
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,978
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher
    I think think that all the "x-brand" post your 29er threads could be either combined with the Post your 29er thread #2 or into their own new post your 29er #3. What say you all?
    Huh?

    --sParty

    P.S. Potato
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  3. #3
    nothing to see here
    Reputation: Stevob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,251
    I say nay. I like being able to single out the single speeds 29ers etc. Also the niche brand threads and whatnot are cool too.

    edit to add...It's also a useful tool for someone looking for dually, hardtail, single speed options etc to be able to do a search and then browse the thread.
    I see hills.

    I want to climb them.

  4. #4
    29ering
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    155
    Another option in the poll "Cave in to the whiners in the Bikesdirect thread." This wasn't an issue until I started that thread. I say keep mtbr neutral. If you start taking sides then it isn't a forum any more.

  5. #5
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,978
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeGrazing
    Another option in the poll "Cave in to the whiners in the Bikesdirect thread." This wasn't an issue until I started that thread. I say keep mtbr neutral. If you start taking sides then it isn't a forum any more.
    What's not neutral about what Rockcrusher is proposing?

    --sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  6. #6
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,045
    So far we are trending Potato. Looking good for the spuds!

    If we are to allow independent post your "X-brand" bike photo threads then you all have to agree to stay out of the ones you don't like.
    Try this: HTFU

  7. #7
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,978
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher
    So far we are trending Potato. Looking good for the spuds!

    If we are to allow independent post your "X-brand" bike photo threads then you all have to agree to stay out of the ones you don't like.
    Looks like it doesn't matter anymore. Thankfully, the retailer threads have closed. Hopefully we can stick to bikes and not retailers now.

    I'm still leaning toward potato... guess I'd better vote... tho I usually wait to vote 'til the last minute.

    --sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  8. #8
    Map Maker
    Reputation: cbchess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,253
    potato!
    Richmond, VA
    Ra-MORE mtb club

  9. #9
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    you should change your quote to "Jaybo... quit bltching and move to Idaho"
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  10. #10
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,045
    I have closed all the current main page retailer threads until I hear from the men behind the curtain. If we reopen them I will clean them up to be photo threads, deleting all the discussion regarding the brand since specialized or blacksheep or single speed or rigid bike photo threads rarely have discussion regarding the merit of the brands/bike types within their photo threads.
    Try this: HTFU

  11. #11
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,978
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll
    you should change your quote to "Jaybo... quit bltching and move to Idaho"
    Anywhere out of the PNW would be fine with me, but that's a quote from riverrat so I can't change it.

    I still want to see a "post photos of your girlfriend astride a 29er" thread. This should have been in the poll.

    It's all about the bike. Er... right?

    --sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  12. #12
    Rhino
    Reputation: urbanseeds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    553
    My 2 cents. I like photo threads. What I don't like about photo threads is when people respond, ask questions, quote the post and duplicate the pictures (I'm sure I'm guilty here as well).

    I wish dedicated photo threads were only photos and some description form the original poster. No banter, no questions, no discussions. Take the questions to PM or a new thread. Just pictures, like a bike coffee table book. Sometimes I just want to scroll through and look at a bunch of bike pictures.

    ...potato

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DAVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher
    So far we are trending Potato. Looking good for the spuds!

    If we are to allow independent post your "X-brand" bike photo threads then you all have to agree to stay out of the ones you don't like.



    Thank you!
    Spammers and trolls will find a way around any new rules or regulations. There are more spammers than we know on these boards. Some are just better at it than the "alleged" BD plants.

    Free-er is better, so Potato.

  14. #14
    29ering
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    155
    I think this is more about advertising? I don't see Niner threads being closed...but you wouldn't want to hurt the sponsor I guess. Not like this site gets that much real traffic to be closing good threads

  15. #15
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    22,199
    You seem mightly slow, seriously, so let me try to explain the difference again............

    Brand = Niner, Turner, SpecialED, Giant, Rocky Mtn, Nicolai, Banshee, Norco - one brand name, but they might offer several different styles of bikes.

    Retailer = Performance, REI, Speedgoat, Spining Lizard, Red Barn, Bikes Direct - they sell multiple brands, depending on your needs and likes.

    Now get it straight, I absolutely have NO love for Niner, however they ARE a manufacturer, hence having a thread about the brand is fine, Having a thread about Spinning Lizard, BD, ro Speedgoat bikes is not.


    Quote Originally Posted by FreeGrazing
    I think this is more about advertising? I don't see Niner threads being closed...but you wouldn't want to hurt the sponsor I guess. Not like this site gets that much real traffic to be closing good threads
    Oh and toss any retailer oriented threads into the trash, if people want to have Motobecane, Windsor or any other such "brand" thread, then that's OK with me. Oh and do it exactly like Urbanseeds suggests, pics only, save the discussions for another thread or PMs etc.
    Last edited by LyNx; 02-15-2011 at 02:05 PM.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  16. #16
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,978
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    You seem mightly slow, seriously, so let me try to explain the difference again............Brand = Niner, Turner, SpecialED, Giant, Rocky Mtn, Nicolai, Banshee, Norco - one brand name, but they might offer several different styles of bikes.
    Retailer - Performance, REI, Speedgoat, Spining Lizard, Red Barn, Bikes Direct - they sell multiple brands, depending on your needs and likes.

    Now get it straight, I absolutely have NO love for Niner, however they ARE a manufacturer, hence having a thread about the brand is fine, Having a thread about Spinning Lizard, BD, ro Speedgoat bikes is not.
    I submit that the answer is either
    1) FreeGrazing is, as you surmise, mighty slow
    2) FreeGrazing is a BikesDirect employee

    If he replies that he does not work for BikesDirect, we'll have our answer.

    --sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  17. #17
    banned
    Reputation: Spinning Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,435
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    You seem mightly slow, seriously, so let me try to explain the difference again............Brand = Niner, Turner, SpecialED, Giant, Rocky Mtn, Nicolai, Banshee, Norco - one brand name, but they might offer several different styles of bikes.
    Retailer - Performance, REI, Speedgoat, Spining Lizard, Red Barn, Bikes Direct - they sell multiple brands, depending on your needs and likes.

    Now get it straight, I absolutely have NO love for Niner, however they ARE a manufacturer, hence having a thread about the brand is fine, Having a thread about Spinning Lizard, BD, ro Speedgoat bikes is not.
    Could not agree more. Thank you!

  18. #18
    Bloated Cubs Fan
    Reputation: waterdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    167
    And like the sands through an hourglass, these are the days of our lives...

  19. #19
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,045
    So far we have (in no particular order):

    picture threads should be filled with pictures

    discussion threads should be filled with discussions

    manufacturer picture threads are ok as long as they are filled with potato, i mean pictures.

    distributor threads are not ok as they are akin to an ad for all the brands that a distributor carries.

    and of course: potato!
    Try this: HTFU

  20. #20
    .......
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,707
    I'm for combining pic threads into the main 29er thread. We've got the SS forum for those interested in SS's.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    I submit that the answer is either
    1) FreeGrazing is, as you surmise, mighty slow
    2) FreeGrazing is a BikesDirect employee

    If he replies that he does not work for BikesDirect, we'll have our answer.

    --sParty
    Seems to be redundant answers...

  21. #21
    Mtbr Forum Sponsor
    Reputation: bikesdirect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    I submit that the answer is either
    1) FreeGrazing is, as you surmise, mighty slow
    2) FreeGrazing is a BikesDirect employee

    If he replies that he does not work for BikesDirect, we'll have our answer.

    --sParty

    I can not answer this: noone who works for me posts on forums; per my instructions
    My wife sometimes posts on slowtwitch.com [I think that is spelling]; as she is a tri type

    I have no idea who FreeGrazing is

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12
    Phew!

    I just bought a BD bike and was getting a little worried I was gonna have to swap the parts onto a Spinning Lizard bike to save face from being associated with sly marketing.

    I got 10% off my bike for posting my purchase!.................not!

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12
    Phew!

    I just bought a BD bike and was getting a little worried I was gonna have to swap the parts onto a Spinning Lizard bike to save face from being associated with sly marketing.

    I got 10% off my bike for posting my purchase!.................not!

  24. #24
    banned
    Reputation: Mojo Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,095

    dialect

    I kinda like the dialect that goes with the picture threads. When you see a cool bike at the trail head or something that interest you while stopped for a water break. Do you take a picure of it and pedal on or do you talk to the owner?

    How do you like that fat 2.4 rear tire? How's the clearance?
    How's that rear shock working for you?
    Rigged SS, WOW.....ever miss gears or suspension? etc......

    I thought forums were a way to get others opinion and communicate. I will say that I dont like seeing the same pics many times with one word replies. It just slows everything down.

    Isnt there a picture gallory for bike pics that rarely get a reply or many views for that matter?

  25. #25
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    22,199
    Well interestingly enough, I just this afternoon had a quite by chance experience with a Motobecane 29 Pro and it's owner. It may sell for less than my Paradox, but you know what, the owner just kept staring at my Paradox, so I let him ride it and well, the look on his face said it all - no size difference, we're both 6'2" and he was also riding a XL. I joked and said I'd check what sort of deal I could get on a frame and he seriously replied, "Please Do!" He just couldn't get over how much better my Paradox felt over the Fantom Pro I think to help him out a bit I'm going to remove the spacer from the Reba so it's @ 120mm travel and slacks out a bit.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  26. #26
    Bloated Cubs Fan
    Reputation: waterdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Well interestingly enough, I just this afternoon had a quite by chance experience with a Motobecane 29 Pro and it's owner. It may sell for less than my Paradox, but you know what, the owner just kept staring at my Paradox, so I let him ride it and well, the look on his face said it all - no size difference, we're both 6'2" and he was also riding a XL. I joked and said I'd check what sort of deal I could get on a frame and he seriously replied, "Please Do!" He just couldn't get over how much better my Paradox felt over the Fantom Pro I think to help him out a bit I'm going to remove the spacer from the Reba so it's @ 120mm travel and slacks out a bit.
    That's a beautiful story. When can I expect the movie adaptation?

  27. #27
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,939
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher
    I think think that all the "x-brand" post your 29er threads could be either combined with the Post your 29er thread #2 or into their own new post your 29er #3. What say you all?
    Sounds Flexy to me.

    I vote Potato.

  28. #28
    Rider and Wrench
    Reputation: knottshore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Troll
    I kinda like the dialect that goes with the picture threads. When you see a cool bike at the trail head or something that interest you while stopped for a water break. Do you take a picure of it and pedal on or do you talk to the owner?

    How do you like that fat 2.4 rear tire? How's the clearance?
    How's that rear shock working for you?
    Rigged SS, WOW.....ever miss gears or suspension? etc......

    I thought forums were a way to get others opinion and communicate. I will say that I dont like seeing the same pics many times with one word replies. It just slows everything down.

    Isnt there a picture gallory for bike pics that rarely get a reply or many views for that matter?
    Agreed-
    I Just wish I could ride more!


  29. #29
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeGrazing
    I think this is more about advertising? I don't see Niner threads being closed...but you wouldn't want to hurt the sponsor I guess. Not like this site gets that much real traffic to be closing good threads


    Go back to trolling Pinkbike .

  30. #30
    Rider and Wrench
    Reputation: knottshore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,477
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Well interestingly enough, I just this afternoon had a quite by chance experience with a Motobecane 29 Pro and it's owner. It may sell for less than my Paradox, but you know what, the owner just kept staring at my Paradox, so I let him ride it and well, the look on his face said it all - no size difference, we're both 6'2" and he was also riding a XL. I joked and said I'd check what sort of deal I could get on a frame and he seriously replied, "Please Do!" He just couldn't get over how much better my Paradox felt over the Fantom Pro I think to help him out a bit I'm going to remove the spacer from the Reba so it's @ 120mm travel and slacks out a bit.
    So it is definitive a ~$100 XC oriented frame feels different than a ~$500+ Agro/All mountain frame- a true revelation!

    Sorry LyNx it had to be said!
    I Just wish I could ride more!


  31. #31
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    22,199
    Sorry, people are always going on about the difference in price and is it worth it. I think it's worth it, for the well thought out geo, construction and support a company like Bahsee gives - not only as in support if something goes wrong, but as in support to riders all around the world in their rider programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by knottshore
    So it is definitive a ~$100 XC oriented frame feels different than a ~$500+ Agro/All mountain frame- a true revelation!

    Sorry LyNx it had to be said!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  32. #32
    Mtbr Forum Sponsor
    Reputation: bikesdirect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Sorry, people are always going on about the difference in price and is it worth it. I think it's worth it, for the well thought out geo, construction and support a company like Bahsee gives - not only as in support if something goes wrong, but as in support to riders all around the world in their rider programs.

    Depends on what you want

    The Fantom 29 is a quick tight design; some people like it
    Some prefer a more comfy AL frame giving up some quickness [that is why we will have Gravity 29ers this spring for those that like a ride that is less stiff more comfortable]

    If you want quick and comfy; we and others have Ti 29ers for that; and that is where you can really tell the difference in price being worth it. I have never talked to one rider that has come off any AL 29er and gone to a FLY 29 Ti who has not been amazed by the difference.

    This is way I like choices
    Everyone has lots of options and that is great

  33. #33
    banned
    Reputation: Spinning Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,435
    Quote Originally Posted by foxcreek
    Phew!

    I just bought a BD bike and was getting a little worried I was gonna have to swap the parts onto a Spinning Lizard bike to save face from being associated with sly marketing.

    I got 10% off my bike for posting my purchase!.................not!
    The only way to save face would be to take the stickers off and try to hide the fact you own a $5 frame.

    People wake up, why do think there bikes are cheaper then anyone elses? Same part costs, they have to save the money in making an ultra cheap frame.

  34. #34
    ride more
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinning Lizard
    The only way to save face would be to take the stickers off and try to hide the fact you own a $5 frame.

    People wake up, why do think there bikes are cheaper then anyone elses? Same part costs, they have to save the money in making an ultra cheap frame.
    What he said X 1000

  35. #35
    Bloated Cubs Fan
    Reputation: waterdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinning Lizard
    The only way to save face would be to take the stickers off and try to hide the fact you own a $5 frame.

    People wake up, why do think there bikes are cheaper then anyone elses? Same part costs, they have to save the money in making an ultra cheap frame.

    I guess that these "super cheap" frames have NO place, and serve NO purpose to the bike buying consumer. I completely understand that a quality made boutique brand frame is superior, and I get that it's absolutely ridiculous to state on their website "60% less than anyone else, it compares to, well, nothing," but really, what is the big effing deal? Are you guys really so effing cynical about cycling that noone whose bought a Moto can have a sense of pride of ownership for their bike? It's absurd! I can only assume that everyone that's replied negatively to either thread about BD in the last few days is either a child, or a complete d-bag. This thread sucks!

  36. #36
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,978
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdude
    I guess that these "super cheap" frames have NO place, and serve NO purpose to the bike buying consumer. I completely understand that a quality made boutique brand frame is superior, and I get that it's absolutely ridiculous to state on their website "60% less than anyone else, it compares to, well, nothing," but really, what is the big effing deal? Are you guys really so effing cynical about cycling that noone whose bought a Moto can have a sense of pride of ownership for their bike? It's absurd! I can only assume that everyone that's replied negatively to either thread about BD in the last few days is either a child, or a complete d-bag. This thread sucks!
    You're not just barking up the wrong tree, you're barking in the wrong forest. This has nothing to do with how cheap BD or anybody else wants to sell a bike. Buy whatever you want. Buyer beware. Welcome to capitalism.

    This has to do with marketing and shilling and bending rules and twisting and subverting and trying to use a well loved bicycling forum to deliver your marketing message under the radar. Not cool even if you do buy ads on that very forum.

    Buy whatever bike you want whether it's a $10,000 booteek wonderbike or POS bike and I hope you love it, but please keep your eye on the ball. In order to do that, first you have to know what the ball looks like. In this case it looks like guerrilla marketing with a heavy dose of shilling.

    --sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  37. #37
    Bloated Cubs Fan
    Reputation: waterdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    You're not just barking up the wrong tree, you're barking in the wrong forest. This has nothing to do with how cheap BD or anybody else wants to sell a bike. Buy whatever you want. Buyer beware. Welcome to capitalism.

    This has to do with marketing and shilling and bending rules and twisting and subverting and trying to use a well loved bicycling forum to deliver your marketing message under the radar. Not cool even if you do buy ads on that very forum.

    Buy whatever bike you want whether it's a $10,000 booteek wonderbike or POS bike and I hope you love it, but please keep your eye on the ball. In order to do that, first you have to know what the ball looks like. In this case it looks like guerrilla marketing with a heavy dose of shilling.

    --sParty
    Look at the post I was quoting and then tell me I'm wrong. I don't even have a horse in this race, but I honestly can't believe the raw nerve that bikesdirect touches in this community. It's akin to reverse penis envy.

  38. #38
    Mtbr Forum Sponsor
    Reputation: bikesdirect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinning Lizard
    The only way to save face would be to take the stickers off and try to hide the fact you own a $5 frame.

    People wake up, why do think there bikes are cheaper then anyone elses? Same part costs, they have to save the money in making an ultra cheap frame.

    I do not know who you are; but you do not understand the complete story in the bike business or you are playing like you do not understand it.

    Prices of most bikes have very little to do with frame cost - that is a simple fact.

    Biggest item in bike price is dealer mark-up; followed by distributor mark-up; then in most bikes wheels are next; frame maybe the number 4 or 5 or 6 item in cost on bike. On most bikes ocean freight & shipping exceeds frame cost. This is just how the business is.

    I have done several posts on relative frame costs; which are the same for all of us that import bikes.

    The way we save customers money has ZERO to do with frame cost - exactly ZERO
    It has everything to do with distribution cost

  39. #39
    Black Sheep rising
    Reputation: utabintarbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdude
    Look at the post I was quoting and then tell me I'm wrong. I don't even have a horse in this race, but I honestly can't believe the raw nerve that bikesdirect touches in this community. It's akin to reverse penis envy.
    Word. Kinda reminds me of the whole Ibex issue a couple years ago. Apparently, I can say "I really love my Black Sheep/Jones/Niner/etc.!!!" and not be accused of being a shill. But back when Ibex was a presence on MTBR, saying something similar netted one similar responses to what Bikesdirect is getting here. It seems there is a lower $$ threshold that a bike must reach before the snobs will leave it alone.

    FWIW, I think it's great that Mike has a presence here. Since when is having access to a business owner A Bad Thing? And to expect him to NOT promote his company/livelihood is, well, ignorant of Real Life.
    Let the market decide!

    N42.58 W83.06

  40. #40
    banned
    Reputation: Spinning Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,435
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesdirect
    I do not know who you are; but you do not understand the complete story in the bike business or you are playing like you do not understand it.

    Prices of most bikes have very little to do with frame cost - that is a simple fact.

    Biggest item in bike price is dealer mark-up; followed by distributor mark-up; then in most bikes wheels are next; frame maybe the number 4 or 5 or 6 item in cost on bike. On most bikes ocean freight & shipping exceeds frame cost. This is just how the business is.

    I have done several posts on relative frame costs; which are the same for all of us that import bikes.

    The way we save customers money has ZERO to do with frame cost - exactly ZERO
    It has everything to do with distribution cost
    Mike, I call you out. Not afraid. Your are wrong, maybe on some brands, but not yours. Why dont you release how much its cost to make your frame? Then lets go to another brand and compare. I would be suprised if you pay more the $2 per frame. You sir are the worst part of the bike business. You should partner with Walmart, you could even distribute more garbage. You make a CRAP product. Its cheap and low quality, that is fine. But dont get on here and claim other, its just pathetic. Everybody knows this except for the poor people you pull the wool over their eyes.

    Het Mods you reading? Maybe we should change MTBR to BIkes Direct Forum.

    And also Mike any BD bike that now rolls into my store is automatic double charge. If they need it adjusted they can send it back to you for adjustment right?

    Hey all you dealers out there, if we all refuse to work on these pieces of garbage maybe it will hit them in their sales when nobody can get their BD bike fixed.

    Mike, you want a war you got ONE!

  41. #41
    Mtbr Forum Sponsor
    Reputation: bikesdirect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinning Lizard
    Mike, I call you out. Not afraid. Your are wrong, maybe on some brands, but not yours. Why dont you release how much its cost to make your frame? Then lets go to another brand and compare. I would be suprised if you pay more the $2 per frame. You sir are the worst part of the bike business. You should partner with Walmart, you could even distribute more garbage. You make a CRAP product. Its cheap and low quality, that is fine. But dont get on here and claim other, its just pathetic. Everybody knows this except for the poor people you pull the wool over their eyes.

    Het Mods you reading? Maybe we should change MTBR to BIkes Direct Forum.

    And also Mike any BD bike that now rolls into my store is automatic double charge. If they need it adjusted they can send it back to you for adjustment right?

    Hey all you dealers out there, if we all refuse to work on these pieces of garbage maybe it will hit them in their sales when nobody can get their BD bike fixed.

    Mike, you want a war you got ONE!

    How strange

    I understand that the major issue to bike shops is WalMart; not bikesdirect nor performance nor REI -- and an attempt to shut customers out of service on ANY bikes is anti cycling and will not help shops [mine or anyones]

    Guess after 30 years of these; you get a more balanced veiw

    But calling my bikes garage is an open mis-statement that everyone reading this gets that you are just upset. Too many posters on here have had our bikes for anyone to beleive we "make a CRAP product. Its cheap and low quality". Plus many are aware of the bikes that we sell that are exactly the same as seen in shops under different label.


    I have posted what we and everyone pays for AL frames, CF frames, Ti frames, and Steel frames - I am not affraid for people to know that. Why would I be?

    BTW - if you think Kinesis or Sunrise will sell me an aluminum frame for $2 and then charge Felt, Jamis, Specialized' or Trek $25 for the same type aluminum frame; you must feel I am the best buyer on earth.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: poorboy006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesdirect
    I do not know who you are; but you do not understand the complete story in the bike business or you are playing like you do not understand it.

    Prices of most bikes have very little to do with frame cost - that is a simple fact.

    Biggest item in bike price is dealer mark-up; followed by distributor mark-up; then in most bikes wheels are next; frame maybe the number 4 or 5 or 6 item in cost on bike. On most bikes ocean freight & shipping exceeds frame cost. This is just how the business is.

    I have done several posts on relative frame costs; which are the same for all of us that import bikes.

    The way we save customers money has ZERO to do with frame cost - exactly ZERO
    It has everything to do with distribution cost
    I smell something....what is that....oh yea that's definitely the smell of bull$hit...

    Your distribution costs may be lower as you are the walmart of bike retail but your frames do cost far less to produce thanks in part to finding the lowest cost Chinese builder.Other companies try a different approach to business, quality first. Maybe that is why their frames and bikes cost more. Since your distribution costs are so low why are some of your lines the same price as in an IBD....without any maintenance plans or support?

    No trying to troll ---- just calling out a liar to his customer.
    Last edited by poorboy006; 02-16-2011 at 08:36 AM.

  43. #43
    Mtbr Forum Sponsor
    Reputation: bikesdirect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by poorboy006
    I smell something....what is that....oh yea that's definitely the smell of bull$hit...

    Your distribution costs may be lower as you are the walmart of bike retail but your frames do cost far less to produce thanks in part to finding the lowest cost Chinese builder.Other companies try a different approach to business, quality first. Maybe that is why their frames and bikes cost more. I wonder why IBDs have always keep such great distance from your lines...

    No trying to troll ---- just calling out a liar to his customer.

    first calling someone a liar when you do not know your facts is not really fair

    our frames cost the same as anyone elses
    it is very simple; and mostb readers here are smart enough to know that

    if you want to know the impact of distriubtion cost; and you do not have time to study up on it; look at other industries. Or look at one of our Ti spec'd bikes vs LBS CF bikes or one of our CF bikes vs LBS AL bikes.

    readers on forums are generally very smart and well informed
    they understand that Ti frames cost 2 to 3 times as mush as CF frames
    and that CF frames cost 8 or 10 times AL frames
    therefore; our price differences must come from distribution cost

    it is really very simple; and works the same in many industries
    ]oem+duty+trans]xdisMUxretMU equals shop pricing
    reduce or eliminate one cost and selling price goes down
    has nothing to due with quality

    think about
    internet sales exist for a reason

  44. #44
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,045
    wow. I never thought I would have to lock down a thread I start.

    Everyone just needs to settle down in here.

    Spinning Lizard, you need to take your discussion with Bikes Direct to a PM level and ditto Bikes Direct. Creating a hostile environment in this thread is taking away from the potato-y goodness.

    Try this: HTFU

  45. #45
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    I vote for fries ............
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  46. #46
    Mtbr Forum Sponsor
    Reputation: bikesdirect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    I vote for fries ............
    I like pie
    Ummm. Pie

  47. #47
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    22,199
    WOW, just WOW, this is all RockCrushers' fault BTW, I like original big cut CHIPS take those whimpy amercian fries and stuff them

    Oh and I also like popcorn, just going to grab some as being home sick with nothing to do was boring, but I think this thread is about to get much more interesting
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12
    Hey my last bike was a Peugeot Alpine Express 501 crommalloy-M Biopace crank! Do not tell me I downgraded Spinning Liz! I thought you were funny for replicating your competitor's non editting style but now I am thinking of putting a Spinning Lizard sticker over one side of my Motobecane downtube!

  49. #49
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,978
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdude
    Look at the post I was quoting and then tell me I'm wrong. I don't even have a horse in this race, but I honestly can't believe the raw nerve that bikesdirect touches in this community. It's akin to reverse penis envy.
    I didn't say or intend to imply that you were in the wrong forest alone. Perhaps you were lured there. Anyway, now you know. So please ignore or set straight those who are missing the point. Don't let them take you by the hand. You're better than that.

    Every retailer ought to be able to serve whatever segment of the market they want to serve, from welfare recipients to MDs. That's fine. Completely unrelated to this, abusing beloved forums like this one by trying to do sneaky end runs around the forum's marketing rules is wrong. Let's not stand for it, waterdude. Thanks.

    --sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  50. #50
    trail rat
    Reputation: slocaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,830
    I think we need to get the admins to clarify the official guidelines on shilling, and stop ignoring the requests to do exactly that.
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

    CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

  51. #51
    .......
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,707
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus
    I think we need to get the admins to clarify the official guidelines on shilling, and stop ignoring the requests to do exactly that.
    I think the admin's stance is that they won't tolerate shills, but I'm sure it's hard to weed them out. I think a better solution is to give them their own subforum. Better yet, BD should start a forum on his site. Then the shillers can shill to their pleasure without the fear of being caught. This would make everyone happy.

    And more forums means more choices. I like choices.

  52. #52
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,045
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus
    I think we need to get the admins to clarify the official guidelines on shilling, and stop ignoring the requests to do exactly that.

    I don't disagree that some posts seem suspect, but I also don't think that they are plants. Some people just really are chafed by experiences at their local bike store or by the thought of spending a lot of cash on a bike or by whatever and become zealots for a cause.

    For many of use the zealotry could be distinguished as 29er or mountain biking in general. For some it is their Walmart bike or their Motobecane or whatever. There is nothing wrong with passion as long as it isn't used to discriminate against any opposing line of thought.

    I prefer to give everyone the benefit of the doubt before judging outright their guilt in shilling a brand or any service. The line is fine when it comes to selling in general, it really doesn't need to be defined to minutia does it?
    Try this: HTFU

  53. #53
    trail rat
    Reputation: slocaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,830
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher
    I don't disagree that some posts seem suspect, but I also don't think that they are plants. Some people just really are chafed by experiences at their local bike store or by the thought of spending a lot of cash on a bike or by whatever and become zealots for a cause.

    For many of use the zealotry could be distinguished as 29er or mountain biking in general. For some it is their Walmart bike or their Motobecane or whatever. There is nothing wrong with passion as long as it isn't used to discriminate against any opposing line of thought.

    I prefer to give everyone the benefit of the doubt before judging outright their guilt in shilling a brand or any service. The line is fine when it comes to selling in general, it really doesn't need to be defined to minutia does it?
    I have no problem with buyers buying where they want.

    I am talking about things like this:
    discuss the existential nature of bikesdirect

    This being closed.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...29#post7766329

    This being ignored.
    Dealer, Manufacturer Guidelines Clarification PLEASE

    Smacks of some favoritism and allowing some manufacturers to promote their product blatantly, and others get closed. Dealers get closed, yet some just keep getting free marketing advice and promoting their products.

    Very inconsistent policy enforcement.
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

    CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

  54. #54
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    I would agree that enforcement seems to be uneven , Spinning Lizard thread got shut down , B.D. thread still going strong , Price Point shilled parts here for over a year . Maybe its me , am I missing something ?

  55. #55
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,978
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher
    I don't disagree that some posts seem suspect, but I also don't think that they are plants. Some people just really are chafed by experiences at their local bike store or by the thought of spending a lot of cash on a bike or by whatever and become zealots for a cause.

    For many of use the zealotry could be distinguished as 29er or mountain biking in general. For some it is their Walmart bike or their Motobecane or whatever. There is nothing wrong with passion as long as it isn't used to discriminate against any opposing line of thought.

    I prefer to give everyone the benefit of the doubt before judging outright their guilt in shilling a brand or any service. The line is fine when it comes to selling in general, it really doesn't need to be defined to minutia does it?
    Idea. How about mtbr creates a new forum called "Retailers." Just one forum for all retailers -- BD, Spinning Lizard, whoever. In this way there would be a place for people to give a shout out to a shop that gave them superior service, or bag on BD, or praise BD or say whatever they want about any retailer. It would also give mtbr's mods a place to move threads posted in any other forum that were retailercentric.

    Problem solved.

    --sParty

    P.S. Potato!
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  56. #56
    trail rat
    Reputation: slocaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Idea. How about mtbr creates a new forum called "Retailers." Just one forum for all retailers -- BD, Spinning Lizard, whoever. In this way there would be a place for people to give a shout out to a shop that gave them superior service, or bag on BD, or praise BD or say whatever they want about any retailer. It would also give mtbr's mods a place to move threads posted in any other forum that were retailercentric.

    Problem solved.

    --sParty

    P.S. Potato!
    I like it.

    I'll second it, all in favor say aye!?
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

    CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

  57. #57
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Aye , great solution IMHO .

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vecsus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,812
    Wow...what a mess. Further proof that any thread containing responses by BD is destined to turn to crap.
    Vecsus

    HTFU or STFU

  59. #59
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Vecsus
    Wow...what a mess. Further proof that any thread containing responses by BD is destined to turn to crap.
    Did you overlook the solution I proposed? About half way down the thread. Thanks for considering it.

    --sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  60. #60
    trail rat
    Reputation: slocaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Did you overlook the solution I proposed? About half way down the thread. Thanks for considering it.

    --sParty
    Direct link to post.
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

    CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

  61. #61
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,045
    FWIW I shut down all the threads that were related in the 29er forum. I wanted to see what those that regularly use this forum thought we should do with them. Evidently everyone that voted in the poll wants either potato or for them to remain open.

    Which judging by the comments on here seems that most people wouldn't want a bikes direct thread to be open and running. Seems that perhaps a lot of the people that wouldn't want to have those open may have voted potato.
    Try this: HTFU

  62. #62
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    I don't necessarily want them closed , I just would like to see the pseudo spam/shill threads confined to an appropriate forum . One would think that since B.D. has a forum that is thinly disguised as a Moto forum that they would confine the spam to that one , but apparently its not going to happen . Same goes with all the other borderline spam threads , a suitable forum for them would cut the pollution of the other forums IMHO .

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12
    I don't think anything should be done it is apparent there is a militia watching for anyone who might be pushing their product through these forums. When I started reading threads on this site I didn't know 95% of the bikes and 99% of the gear. I read and I hemmed and hawed about what would be adequate for my use and be a good deal. I don't need a "cool" bike from a "cool" builder. I just wanted a pretty good bike at a pretty good price. Hopefully there are dudes working at Burger King whom,with their Windsors etc, are riding circles around guys on cool,light,bulletproof bikes. Even if BD is or was pushin his wares inappropiately it doesn't mean the method is gonna work. How sneaky can you be when you sometimes have hard time throwing together a readable sentence? I bought my Moto because it is uncool and I can afford to bonk a bike snob in the head with it if so desired.

  64. #64
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Potato Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette Sette

    Honestly... ahh I give up

  65. #65
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    It just doesn't work when you do it Chris , no one takes it all that seriously .

  66. #66
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    But they have the best bikes at the best prices - even better than walmart or Ventana!
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12
    I will post on potato when I have researched it thoroughly and have a good understanding on what could be a stupid question.

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12
    I will post on potato when I have researched it thoroughly and have a good understanding on what could be a stupid question.

  69. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12
    err... out of laziness and the thought that info on" potato" might be unclear to it's association to bicycles is their any benevolent bike guy who might clue me in or must I bonk him with my BD bike.

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12
    err... out of laziness and the thought that info on" potato" might be unclear to it's association to bicycles is their any benevolent bike guy who might clue me in or must I bonk him with my BD bike.

  71. #71
    DG5
    DG5 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DG5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Anywhere out of the PNW would be fine with me, but that's a quote from riverrat so I can't change it.

    I still want to see a "post photos of your girlfriend astride a 29er" thread. This should have been in the poll.

    It's all about the bike. Er... right?

    --sParty
    +1 I second the 'post photos of your girlfriend/wife aside your 29er" Can we start that please.
    I love my bike.

  72. #72
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    Quote Originally Posted by foxcreek
    err... out of laziness and the thought that info on" potato" might be unclear to it's association to bicycles is their any benevolent bike guy who might clue me in or must I bonk him with my BD bike.
    yeah, just roll w/ it and/or bonk on your 29er BD bike...


    Speakin' of 29ers, anyone know what's kickstand for one?
    Yeah, I know, I call out threads like "Best saddle for a 29er" or "Any 29er clipless pedals available yet" and even "Why do shops charge so much $ for 29er grip-lube??"...

    But finding a well made kick-stand (even if it's from BD) that can hold up to the rigors of a 29er, is hard to do - plus I'd like it cheap...well, OK, I do pay for quality...just don't need TI... or maybe I do - lemme know.
    ...plus it has to be TALL because, ya know, "bigger wheels" and such.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  73. #73
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    22,199
    OK, thought that maybe that idea put forth about a Retailers forum might be silly, but on further analisis I think maybe that is a solution. Let there be a forum where any Retailer/e-tailer can post threads about their products, clearly labelled so if you are in there you know damn well what to expect.

    Oh and too all the BD owners, we don't hate you or the bikes (the real owners, not shills, we hate you) it the thin ly vieled BS posts put up by BD trying to play like he's just "participating" on the forum, when in actuality he's trying to shill something or the other.

    Now when happen to see a post or thread from him of him actually riding one of his bikes, or maybe he posts a thread like " Hey this is the geo and drawings for XX bike, what do you guys think" instead of "I'm just a lazy, money grabbing ******, please tell me what bike to build next and save me doing any market research or hiring real designers" then I'm sure the hassle he gets will be off
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  74. #74
    Mtbr Forum Sponsor
    Reputation: bikesdirect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    please tell me what bike to build next and save me doing any market research or hiring real designers"
    Posting on forums and reading forums is real market research; and IMO it benefits the forums and cyclists

    And listening to customers is good for companies and for the customers

    I have had 3 PMs on new bike suggestions in the last 2 days; probably due to the thread that someone else started on 'Offical Post picture etc'

    BTW: we do have enough 'real designers' to come up with more bikes than we have room to warehouse; but I prefer to listen to cyclists and see what interests them most

    I think the forums are very useful to the entire cycling community and I wish more industry insiders posted on them

  75. #75
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll
    yeah, just roll w/ it and/or bonk on your 29er BD bike...


    Speakin' of 29ers, anyone know what's kickstand for one?
    Yeah, I know, I call out threads like "Best saddle for a 29er" or "Any 29er clipless pedals available yet" and even "Why do shops charge so much $ for 29er grip-lube??"...

    But finding a well made kick-stand (even if it's from BD) that can hold up to the rigors of a 29er, is hard to do - plus I'd like it cheap...well, OK, I do pay for quality...just don't need TI... or maybe I do - lemme know.
    ...plus it has to be TALL because, ya know, "bigger wheels" and such.


    Search noob............................

  76. #76
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    Search noob............................
    but I read in a thread once that the search sucks
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  77. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12
    Noobie on Motobecane,thats a double whammy.On top of that I am a Walmart shopper. Triple whammy.

  78. #78
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Quote Originally Posted by foxcreek
    Noobie on Motobecane,thats a double whammy.On top of that I am a Walmart shopper. Triple whammy.

    Quotes like this one below , quadruple whammy .

    [QUOTE=foxcreek] I bought my Moto because it is uncool and I can afford to bonk a bike snob in the head with it if so desired.


    Just sayin ..................

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12
    I just welded up a kickstand for my Moto out rebar (the higher carbon stuff) Plus I sewed up a pocket on my riding pants to carry it. It' trick. Off to google "potato"

  80. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12
    I just welded up a kickstand for my Moto out rebar (the higher carbon stuff) Plus I sewed up a pocket on my riding pants to carry it. It' trick. Off to google "potato"

  81. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12
    AZ MTNS. Well I did buy it because it has what could be thought of as a not so cool name. Windsor and Motobecane...pretty funky words. I like that. It has a little bling in parts offset by these not so flashy logos. Some people dislike it so much they scrape it off! Me I think I am gonna leave it there. Others here are perturbed by other factors that they deem uncool.
    1. the outfit is selling too many bikes
    2. it's not made in America (common to most of the competition)
    3. Modus Operandi under suspicion
    4. Cutting into LBS business
    5. Frame (some riders whom are into it go straight to another frame)
    6. Stickers don't come off that easy
    7. Logo on seat stay
    8. Seat post
    9. Hubs (if you are hard rider or heavy rider)
    10. Headset

    I think that if they fix some of these issues and still keep the bike under a thou they are really going to be deemed uncool!

    Hopefully I will run into nice people on my Caner and I won't have to resort to such nonsense as a bicycle bonk. Besides I have my handy kick stand now in my handy home sewn pocket if I am physically assaulted.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •