Post Pictures of your 29er

2M views 7K replies 3K participants last post by  CannondaleF9 
#1 ·
Post Pictures of your 29er.
Now is the time to flaunt your beast
:thumbsup:

#2,576 ·
New Build! Fuji Pro SS Rigid 29er

Hi Everyone, Im a new member but I wanted to drop by since these forums were invaluable in planning/executing my most recent build! Let me know what you think!! This was a 100% ebay/craigslist project and it was a blast!

Fuji Tahoe Pro 29er
Exotic Carbon rigid fork
Vuelta pro super lite wheels w/ conti moutain king 2.4
Truvativ Fire x crank (GXP BB) w/ e13 32t Ring
Surly 18t cog
Avid BB7 and speed dial levers
thomson post and stem
Sworks carbon flatbar
Rohloff Chain Tensioner

Grips are in the mail, pedals were just for test ride :). Also, I was told the Thomson gold dress up kit was guaranteed to make me climb better, descend faster and make me irresistible to Jessica Biel if I ever came across her on the trail. Fingers crossed!! ;-)

23.4 lbs, and the only LBS work was facing the BB shell for the GXP. Im taking it up to the woods tomorrow and will have an update soon. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

#2,584 ·
It must be a country thing, I don't know anyone who doesn't have left-rear/right-front. Look back a few post to #2574... another Australian bike.

There's nothing anorectic about the pedals, I ride them on every bike, standard sized TIME atac carbon pedals. I dont see the point in big surrounds when riding stiff soles.

#2,586 ·
The left rear brake is a motorcycle thing. Motorcycles have the right brake on the front wheel and since most are right handed, that is actually a better arrangement. Sheldon Brown even discusses this change on his website. I rode motorcycles for many years before mountain bikes and I frequently consider changing my brakes on my MTB's. Since all my brakes are AVID it would be a non-issue to change. I don't have motorcycles anymore, but I spent the first year of mountain biking quietly saying to myself "right rear".

#2,587 ·
Right front / left rear is known as moto style or Euro style.

Back in the 1960s when I was beginning racing and got my first pro bike (full Campy!) I remember reading all the racing books we could get our hands on. The suggestion I followed was that in a fast rain slicked downhill (pavement, and Europe was the race scene then), your dominant hand should control the front brake so you could apply maximum brake force, yet not lock the wheel and loose control. Oops, dang, slide, pavement rash = bad.

So, being right handed, that is hand from my front brake. When I got my first MTB in 1979, I quickly learned that advice was sound on dirt as well. So now, I am "moto" or "euro" in the USA, but the logic is still sound. I doubt most riders in the USA are left handed.

#2,588 ·
Spring is HERE!! It's on!!

get a whole season in on my new Superfly Elite (with slack angles!!)----AND IN Southeast Pa. with the rockiest/rootiest trails in the Country (Michaux, French Creek, Rocky Ridge, The WISS)--you need the slack angles here!! 69/72.5 now--Not the 71/74 Stand up posture I had on my old Paragon!!!

#2,589 ·
You dont need slack you need a droper. I love the 72 HA on my on one. Steering is nice and quick. If i need to hit a roller i just drop the seat and lean back. One of the best parts about a 29er is that you can have steep HA without going OTB.

I understand its all prefernce and if you like slack then god bless you. To each thier own.

Ive never ridden seen or heard about your trails. To say you need a slack head angle is wrong. To call 69° slack is doubly wrong.

#2,591 · (Edited)
looky what the brown santa just dropped off :)

2013 BMC fourstroke FS01 XTR.

hopefully the snow melts soon so I can take it for a ride!

i'll post up a review in a few weeks time once I get some miles on it.

It was either this, or the niner jet 9 RDO. But I fell in love w/ the BMC.

Weight w/o pedals is 22.8lbs (i converted the ounces) for a LARGE frame--well below what i've seen posted for the medium frame. With XTR race pedals, i'm expecting the weight to be around 23.47lbs.

This is running the race kings tubeless using stan's sealant.

Attachments

#2,595 ·
My "new" Paradox

Picked up a used V1 Paradox frame for a screaming deal and went fairly nuts building it over the past week or so. First ride was today. I dig it so far, light and quick handling when climbing or singletrack, then turns into a fire breathing monster DH. Even rides pretty good, which I didn't expect. Neat bike!
Build:
1x10: XT cassette 11-36 and derailleur (GS cage), SLX crank and shifter, Blackspire Mono with BBG bash, and SRAM 1091 chain.
XT brakes with rt-86 rotors, 180/160.
Manitou Tower Pro, 120 mm 15mm axle. Impressive so far. Ridden Foxes and Rebas. Like the bike, it seems to get better as you go faster. Or maybe that's why the bike feels that way? Hmm.
Stan's Arch's, Geax aka rear and an old Purgatory I had around up front.
Cane creek head, 80mm stem, syncros Bulk bar till my Loaded hits. 710mm either way.
Seat and post robbed from another bike for now...

In process:

On the trails:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.