Post Pictures of your 29er

2M views 7K replies 3K participants last post by  CannondaleF9 
#1 ·
Post Pictures of your 29er.
Now is the time to flaunt your beast
:thumbsup:

#2,850 ·
New Giant Trance

Howdy all, here's a pic of my newly built Giant Trance.

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Bicycle

All said and done she weighs in at 25 pounds 11 ounces. Have about 100km on her so far and its a beast. Climbs very well, descends even better!

Favorite aspect (besides how it rides) is how simple and minimal the front cockpit is.

Has a fox talas 34 140
XX1 kit
Easton XC70 carbon post
Race face turbine stem, RF carbon bars
Mavic wheels
Nobby nics

She's a monster...

#2,855 ·
That is a good weight for that build, well done.

IMO if you need a Fox 34, You also need a dropper seat post.

Howdy all, here's a pic of my newly built Giant Trance.

View attachment 806210
View attachment 806213

All said and done she weighs in at 25 pounds 11 ounces. Have about 100km on her so far and its a beast. Climbs very well, descends even better!

Favorite aspect (besides how it rides) is how simple and minimal the front cockpit is.

Has a fox talas 34 140
XX1 kit
Easton XC70 carbon post
Race face turbine stem, RF carbon bars
Mavic wheels
Nobby nics

She's a monster...

#2,852 ·
New to me Karate Monkey. Really like it so far now the other bike that i spent more on is my loaner bike. Currently setup 1x3 manual shift. 32 x 20, 18, 16 will be switching to 1x2 30 x 18,15 or 14. The only reason i have 3 cogs on currently is i did not have enough spacers to run 2.

Velocity Dyad rims w/ xt hubs
avid bb7 160mm disc front avid linear pull rear.
used carbon fork on the way
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Wheel Tire

#2,857 ·
I too, have a Rockhopper with way too much money into it :) but IMO it's great and I wouldn't trade it for anything...

Frame: '13 Rockhopper 29
Fork: '12 dualair Reba RL(XX lockout on the way)
Group: full shimano Deore and XT casette(9speed)
Brakes: shimano Deore
Wheel set: Stan's flows ,aced to King ISO hubs with DT Comp. spokes
Running stock ground controls tubeless
Pedals: Deity decoy flats
Grips: custom ODI charger lock ons

Looking at about 28 pounds total

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#2,862 ·
I've had my Kona Splice for the past 2 years and it's served me well. This year I splurged and spent the money on a Manitou Tower Expert 120mm front fork(replaces the stock 80mm Suntour that was on it) and Specialized Ground Control tires(to replace the Geax Mezcal slicks). I'm a rather big guy 6'00" 280lbs, so the need for a bigger beefier fork was a must because the Suntour was always bottoming out and the pre-load knob wouldnt work. The Geax Mezcals were just horrible, no grip whatsoever. I'm looking to change the whole drivetrain out to a 2x10 system, some Stans ZTR Flow rims, and upgrade to hydraulic brakes so I can stop my forward momentum a little easier.

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel
Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel
Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Bicycle Carbon Bicycle handlebar

#2,871 ·
I've had my Kona Splice for the past 2 years and it's served me well. This year I splurged and spent the money on a Manitou Tower Expert 120mm front fork(replaces the stock 80mm Suntour that was on it) and Specialized Ground Control tires(to replace the Geax Mezcal slicks). I'm a rather big guy 6'00" 280lbs, so the need for a bigger beefier fork was a must because the Suntour was always bottoming out and the pre-load knob wouldnt work. The Geax Mezcals were just horrible, no grip whatsoever. I'm looking to change the whole drivetrain out to a 2x10 system, some Stans ZTR Flow rims, and upgrade to hydraulic brakes so I can stop my forward momentum a little easier.

View attachment 806820 View attachment 806821 View attachment 806822
I'm amazed you got this far with it almost stock.. I changed almost everything in few moths.. I just couln't live with the brakes, fork and whole drivetrain. Oh yeah had to change the stem too for better position.

Yours though looks nice. :)

#2,863 ·
Some very nice looking bikes in this thread. Couple pictures of my 2013 Specialized Camber Comp, I changed the bars to Race Face Turbines and the seat to a WTB Pure-V. I changed it from a 2x10 to a 1x10 using a Wolftoothcycling 32 tooth chainring. So Far love the gearing and the way this bike ride.

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel

Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel

Attachments

#2,867 ·
My Lapierre XR FS 29er

Here's my Lapierre XR, 24.4Ibs of French loveliness, Rapido:thumbsup:

Full Carbon Frame Set
RockShox Reba Fork
Mavic ST Wheels
SRAM XX1 Chainset
Shimano XT Shadow+ Mech
Shimano SLX Shifter
Formula RX Brakes
Thomson Setback Post
Fizik Tundra 2
Truvativ Carbon T30 Bar
WTB TCS Nano & Wolverine
Shimano XT Pedals
Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.