Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post Pictures of your 29er

2M views 7K replies 3K participants last post by  CannondaleF9 
#1 ·
Post Pictures of your 29er.
Now is the time to flaunt your beast
:thumbsup:

#2,785 ·
From the attachment point it is supposed to go on the inside of the fork so that it does not catch on things on the trail. The manual that comes with the shocks generally clearly shows a picture of this, but many shops never read the manual thinking they know everything already.

#2,787 ·
I have torn two brake lines when the tire with mud grabbed sticks and rocks through the fork. Now I route outside and have never had a snag. In all my years on mtn bikes, as a rider, shop employee, and manf rep, I have never heard of an outside line torn except in big crashes that bend frame or fork.

kindle fire / jb 4.2.2 / tapatalk hd

#2,788 ·
Very unusual that you tore two from the inside. Considering that probably 98 % of bikes have them routed on the inside and that we hardly ever hear of people tearing them off, I will still claim that anecdotal data support the manufacturer recommended routing.

#2,793 ·
If you you hit something there on your bike to break the front brake line, you probably have much bigger worries than your brake line! I pull mud and sticks through my fork with my wheel almost every ride.

If you are an aggressive rider that "sends" the bike a lot, you may have problems with thrashed front brake lines... I dunno, I don't ride like that.

#2,794 ·
To each their own. For me it goes in cause one time I had it on the out and snagged a sappling which in return ruptured the line at the lever. I have also had sticks bind up wheels by getting lodged in fork but still have yet to tear a line. Wasn't trying to stir **** up. On with more pics of sexy niners

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.