Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post Pictures of your 29er

2M views 7K replies 3K participants last post by  CannondaleF9 
#1 ·
Post Pictures of your 29er.
Now is the time to flaunt your beast
:thumbsup:

#2,495 ·
My new Epic Comp. Took this at the top of Mt Tamalpais. Was the second day in a row climbing up there.
But on this day I took the steeper Rock Springs route. I am not a climber, you could say I have a
"descender's body". But on this day going up a trail that climbs about 1500' and has a lot of 15-25% grades
I had no issues. I figure its probably 25% better fitness, 25% new bike energy and maybe 50% better tool
to climb with than my old 26" hard tail

Attachments

#2,503 ·
FTMN, what does your name stand for? Also, what size tires are those? Is that a fat fork/knard up front?

Just got out for the first ride on my Transition Bandit29. Assembled brand new 2012 frame and new Fox 34 with the rest of the build from my old bike. Got about 4 miles on a little trail behind my house.

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Tire Wheel

Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Wheel

#2,506 ·
FTMN, what does your name stand for? Also, what size tires are those? Is that a fat fork/knard up front?
Hey - the name of my blog is Fat Tire Minnesota, so that's where FTMN comes from. Tires are a 3.0 Knard in front and a 2.2 Geax Saguaro in back, both on 50mm Rabbit Hole rims. I'll be picking up a 2.4 Ardent to replace the Saguaro soon. The fork is a custom Waltworks.

Eagerly awaiting snow-free trails here in MN...

#2,507 ·
On One Scandal V2

My new Scandal v2 Single Speed

After rocking a 26er scandal for a few years and riding 29" and 36" mountain unicycles it was time for the big wheel treatment on two wheels. The obvious choice was to get another Scandal as imho these frames weight/quality are equal to ones costing 3-5 times as much, the new V2 frame with kinked seat tube and in the raw finish (looks like brushed stainless steel) is stunning with steeper geometry than most of the slack angles you seem to get these days.

Took her for her first ride yesterday and she ate up the 43 miles, compared to the 26er scandal I have and she felt less twitchy rather than less nimble. The NN tyres at 22/24psi gripped fantastically and smoothed things out nicely, they held air with no sealant when first mounted and the stiffer snakeskin side walls help stability at the low pressures, I can't recommend these enough.

The Reba rides brilliantly but still working on the correct pressures

I have built a lot of nice looking bikes in my time but I am really pleased with how this one looks.

18" On One Scandal V2 SS Raw
Reba RLT Dual Air Forks
Hope Pro2 hubs (ss/trials rear)
Stans ZTR355 rims
Schwalbe Nobbly Nic's 2.25 snakeskin (set up tubelss)
XT Cranks
Hope Bottom Bracket
Eggbeater Ti with replacement Ti axles
Superstar headset
On One CNC 60mm stem
On One Bars
ODI grips
Thompson post
Formula RX brakes (red calliper caps)
Charge Knife seat
Hope QR
Blackspire 32t chainring
Superstar 18t sprocket

About 22lbs all in

Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Tire Wheel
Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Wheel
Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Wheel Spoke Bicycle part
Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Spoke
Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel

#2,528 ·
Because the 2013 S-works doesn't come in red

My 2013 Expert Carbon with Roval Control Trail SL wheels and S-works crankset. Weighed 28.6 lbs stock, now weighs 27 lbs, 11 oz. with pedals, stans, light mount, garmin mount and bottle cage. Not too bad for a size large, 5 inch travel fs 29er with 2.3 inch tires and a dropper post. Now it goes up just as well as it bombs down;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.