Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post Pictures of your 29er

2M views 7K replies 3K participants last post by  CannondaleF9 
#1 ·
Post Pictures of your 29er.
Now is the time to flaunt your beast
:thumbsup:

#1,965 ·
atom29: I have a similar setup on all my MTB's not because I am so worried about cadence, but because there are so many advantages to using the rear for speed and generally the wireless computers that have rear wheel pickup also have cadence.
Advantages:
1. If you put your bike on a trainer, you still get speed (and cadence)
2. More accurate mileage/speed readings.
3. No interference/adjustment issues when removing the front wheel for transport.
Disadvantages-none that I am aware of.
In regards to #2 above; on all 2 wheel vehicles (I guess I would have to except the Segway) the front wheel always travels further than the rear wheel unless you always go completely straight. On a curvy course the cumulative error adds up. In local testing we have done it amounts to the difference of 7.20 to 7.32 on our local curvy course with 2.2 29er tires.

#1,976 ·

2012 Marlin at Flatwoods in Tampa.

Perfect weather on Thanksgiving. It was the first ride with a carbon bar, it felt like I needed to maintain less of a death grip on the bar going over the bumpy stuff. New pedals too, Wellgo MG-1s, I should've changed out the stock ones a loooong time ago.

#1,987 ·
I never rode grip shift and my wife wanted grip shift and after tooling around on her bike it is pretty nice. I don't think you will be dissapointed at all. Trim on the front, easy to roll up or down several gears at a time on the rear. Probably shifts better under load when going to larger sprocket in rear, etc.

#1,992 ·
Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel rim
my first mtb. Went straight to a 29er. Bought the frame and fork cheap then built her up from the parts bin, ebay and craigslist. Slx cranks shifters and cassette, xt fd and rd. Wtb laser tcs trail wheels. She built up to 27lbs even with that piece of crap fork. Will learn to ride some offroad and look to replace frame and fork with chinese carbon and tower pro

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.